Strange things happening

jenny_fiver

Hey guys,

A buyer contacted me a few days ago about his project and explained to me about his budget limitation for the project. I agreed to help. I found it really hard understanding what the buyer wants since the buyer was struggling with English, eventually, I was able to fix things according.

After I had finished working on the project with all the revisions fixed, here’s what I get:

kj.jpg.e4de414e5aa0dc2875eee4d311dac116.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have nothing to do other than giving you a negative review. Since they are clearly trying to get away with free work (as per your post, they requested revisions and you completed your work). It is best to take this to customer support, show them all what you have, prove to them that you completed the work and the buyer is threatening you especially after you completed the work.

I wouldn’t worry.

Looks like a scammer. Contact CS first with the screen shots and don’t reply to anymore messages

I just did that now, apparently he wants to have the work for free. I have fixed all the revisions, he does not have any further request again.

It looks like this buyer has been doing this for long, he keeps sending treating messages:

jjj

Buyers can not threaten sellers and this behaviour is sanctionable, on the other hand you should hide the name of the buyer in all the screenshots as this is against Forum’s rules.

To be honest, I’d just cancel and never work with anyone again who can’t communicate clearly.

I don’t really trust CS to be able to handle matters like this. Almost all of the cancellation requests which I have fought have also ended in chargebacks at a later date. There is also the fact that this buyer seems to be a seasoned scammer. They may well be able to follow through with their threat, thanks to CS agents they communicate with not being the same agents who handle your counter complaint.

Obviously, I would hope that this will not be the case. However, I went through a long period of absolutely refusing to cancel orders for any reason. In the end, doing so turned out to be counterproductive. I never got the money, I got bad reviews, and my stress levels went through the roof.

To be honest, I’d just cancel and never work with anyone again who can’t communicate clearly.

I don’t really trust CS to be able to handle matters like this. Almost all of the cancellation requests which I have fought have also ended in chargebacks at a later date. There is also the fact that this buyer seems to be a seasoned scammer. They may well be able to follow through with their threat, thanks to CS agents they communicate with not being the same agents who handle your counter complaint.

Obviously, I would hope that this will not be the case. However, I went through a long period of absolutely refusing to cancel orders for any reason. In the end, doing so turned out to be counterproductive. I never got the money, I got bad reviews, and my stress levels went through the roof.

Are you recommending I cancel this project? This project was about 62 pages, that had about 5 hours of my time. I can understand your point of view, I am quite confused if to cancel or keep dragging the matter.

Are you recommending I cancel this project? This project was about 62 pages, that had about 5 hours of my time. I can understand your point of view, I am quite confused if to cancel or keep dragging the matter.

Are you recommending I cancel this project?

You got 2 diff advice, totally diff in opinion. In my case, I have never had a situation where a buyer won over me and got away with a free work, especially after I proved to CS that I did the work. You’re most likely going to end up with a negative review, and probably a charge back. But that doesn’t mean that you do not have a chance that a charge back won’t happen. I’d fight for this and not cancel the order.

Are you recommending I cancel this project?

I did, but that is only my opinion. If you have already contacted CS, you should wait for their response.

I wouldn’t cancel if I were you. You did the work, you deserve to get paid. Don’t let him freak you out. I was dealing with someone like this a couple days ago. He kept wanting to cancel and I kept denying him. It might go on for a little while, but at the end of the day you should get the money you worked for.

I wouldn’t cancel if I were you. You did the work, you deserve to get paid. Don’t let him freak you out. I was dealing with someone like this a couple days ago. He kept wanting to cancel and I kept denying him. It might go on for a little while, but at the end of the day you should get the money you worked for.

Yes, he keeps sending cancellation request. I got tired of cancelling. I have sent CS a message. waiting for their response before I know my next step.

Funny how he is calling you out for inappropriate behaviour, when he’s the one that is being highly inappropriate.

If you did deliver what the buyer purchased, there’s no need to accept the cancellation, and support can’t cancel it either without your permission. However, you might be getting a negative review if you don’t accept it, but then you can also at the same time leave a review for his buyer profile, letting other sellers know how the experience was for you. So you should balance which rating can take a hit for you to be eligible for a promotion?

Archived