Strength Training/Weight Lifting Question for Men

writer99025

Completely dependent on your body weight and structure.

As a former trainer. This is the best tip I can provide:

You want to bulk up, your work out routine needs to increase the weight gradually.

You want to tone, find the ideal weight and increase reps gradually.

Completely dependent on your body weight and structure.

As a former trainer. This is the best tip I can provide:

You want to bulk up, your work out routine needs to increase the weight gradually.

You want to tone, find the ideal weight and increase reps gradually.

Yes, but can you give some idea…I am 5’ 8’’ and weigh 66 kg…I want to tone up, get fitter…how much should I be lifting? Tone up for 2-3 months, and then bulk up…

Hello,

I am prefect match for you and hope you like my idea too. My weight is 66.50 KG and height is 5.85’’.

I am doing Gym regularly.

Start 15 days.

3-4 KG.

After 15 days again

4-6 KG

After 15 days again

7.5 Kg 1 set (15 reps)
8.5-9 KG (12 reps)
10 KG (8-10 reps)

Take 1 minute break between all reps.

Hello,

I am prefect match for you and hope you like my idea too. My weight is 66.50 KG and height is 5.85’’.

I am doing Gym regularly.

Start 15 days.

3-4 KG.

After 15 days again

4-6 KG

After 15 days again

7.5 Kg 1 set (15 reps)

8.5-9 KG (12 reps)

10 KG (8-10 reps)

Take 1 minute break between all reps.

Thanks! That’s what I wanted to know…I have dumbbells in the range from 5 kgs to 12.5 kgs. I used to do 12.5 kgs in my pre-Fiverr days but didn’t have the time to exercise last 3 years. Now want to start again. Thank you so much!

Yes, but can you give some idea…I am 5’ 8’’ and weigh 66 kg…I want to tone up, get fitter…how much should I be lifting? Tone up for 2-3 months, and then bulk up…

I am 5’ 8’’ and weigh 66 kg

I’m 5’ 8" and weight 56KG. Want to gain some weight. 😕

Well honestly, I wish I could give you a formula to calculate the weight, unfortunately I can’t.

Like, I stopped working out about 4/5 years ago, I have a barbell now with only 5kg each, and even this hits me if i do bicep curls.

Umm, well you have to decide on your final goals. Because the method for toning vs bulking is different.

Ideally you would want to bulk up as much as possible then tone down to your desired weight and form.

So you should start with something that is ideal for you and does not break your back.

Everything should be structured and have a strict routine. Also have breaks between upper body work outs and lower body, like do it in alternative days.

Your abs build when they are actually resting, so give 2 days break for that.

Sorry, all this seems abstract, but there’s quiet a lot of research you can do for this. https://www.bodybuilding.com/category/training is a very good source.

So start with weights that you feel are as CLOSE to comfort as but not too comfortable, because in the end you have to FORCE yourself and that what basically creates your muscle. When you destroy it, it rebuilds stronger and that’s how you gain etc.

Hope this helps.

Well honestly, I wish I could give you a formula to calculate the weight, unfortunately I can’t.

Like, I stopped working out about 4/5 years ago, I have a barbell now with only 5kg each, and even this hits me if i do bicep curls.

Umm, well you have to decide on your final goals. Because the method for toning vs bulking is different.

Ideally you would want to bulk up as much as possible then tone down to your desired weight and form.

So you should start with something that is ideal for you and does not break your back.

Everything should be structured and have a strict routine. Also have breaks between upper body work outs and lower body, like do it in alternative days.

Your abs build when they are actually resting, so give 2 days break for that.

Sorry, all this seems abstract, but there’s quiet a lot of research you can do for this. https://www.bodybuilding.com/category/training is a very good source.

So start with weights that you feel are as CLOSE to comfort as but not too comfortable, because in the end you have to FORCE yourself and that what basically creates your muscle. When you destroy it, it rebuilds stronger and that’s how you gain etc.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! Yeah, will look up that.

I run cross country and track at my university and my coach had us do more explosive stuff rather than lifting to get bulkier. Monday we would bench and some other core exercises, Tuesday we would squat, and Thursday we would deadlift. Nothing wrong with the basics! 😎

None anymore because as soon as you fall out of you training regimen all that lovely muscle turns to man boob.

Eat keto, chain smoke, do regular cardio, and fast a bit when you start getting too fat. This is in my humble experience, the best way to stay in shape when freelancing.

None anymore because as soon as you fall out of you training regimen all that lovely muscle turns to man boob.

Eat keto, chain smoke, do regular cardio, and fast a bit when you start getting too fat. This is in my humble experience, the best way to stay in shape when freelancing.

Chain smoke? Does anyone still do that? 😲

A high protein diet with a soy shake every day and carbs ONLY just before hitting the gym helps a lot.

(Sorry to interrupt the man thread!)

A one day a week fast is supposed to be extremely healthy and promote longevity.

Let me give you diet plan for start up of GYM.

Diet : 40%
7-8 hour sleep - 25%
Workout - 35%

This is totally true and best tips that no one will suggest you.

Diet plan for start up person:

Macronutrient Breakdown:

35% Protein
40% Carbs
25% Fats

Total calories:
2,500-3,000 Daily

PROTEIN SOURCES: Beans (any kind), soy, protein powders, eggs (including yolk), dairy (milk), tempeh, tofu
CARBS: Lots of green vegetables (spinach, green beans, peas) - (palak, lila vatana, vatana)
FATS: Olive oil, avocados, coconut oil

BASIC WORK OUT:

3 DAY SPLIT
(all weights must be HEAVY, allowing you to only do a MAXIMUM of 10 reps per set)

BACK AND BICEPS:
4 sets of 10 reps
Wide grip lateral pulldown
Dumbbell bicep curls, 1 arm at a time (sitting)

4 sets of 10 reps
Single arm bentover dumbbell rows
Seated dumbbell hammer curls (both arms at the same time)

5 sets of As many as you can do reps
Pullups using only bodyweight (wide overhand grip)

CHEST AND TRICEPS:
4 sets of 10 reps
Flat bench barbell press
Dumbbell kickbacks

4 sets of 10 reps
Cable chest flys (shoulder height position on the cable)
Tricep dips using bodyweight

5 sets of as many as you can do reps
Pushups

I hope you like it.

Let me give you diet plan for start up of GYM.

Diet : 40%

7-8 hour sleep - 25%

Workout - 35%

This is totally true and best tips that no one will suggest you.

Diet plan for start up person:

Macronutrient Breakdown:

35% Protein

40% Carbs

25% Fats

Total calories:

2,500-3,000 Daily

PROTEIN SOURCES: Beans (any kind), soy, protein powders, eggs (including yolk), dairy (milk), tempeh, tofu

CARBS: Lots of green vegetables (spinach, green beans, peas) - (palak, lila vatana, vatana)

FATS: Olive oil, avocados, coconut oil

BASIC WORK OUT:

3 DAY SPLIT

(all weights must be HEAVY, allowing you to only do a MAXIMUM of 10 reps per set)

BACK AND BICEPS:

4 sets of 10 reps

Wide grip lateral pulldown

Dumbbell bicep curls, 1 arm at a time (sitting)

4 sets of 10 reps

Single arm bentover dumbbell rows

Seated dumbbell hammer curls (both arms at the same time)

5 sets of As many as you can do reps

Pullups using only bodyweight (wide overhand grip)

CHEST AND TRICEPS:

4 sets of 10 reps

Flat bench barbell press

Dumbbell kickbacks

4 sets of 10 reps

Cable chest flys (shoulder height position on the cable)

Tricep dips using bodyweight

5 sets of as many as you can do reps

Pushups

I hope you like it.

Thank you for this comprehensive plan! I have copied it down, and will take a print out! Very kind of you!

Follow this plan and then let me know in 1 month.

One things I forgot: Always make Dips after warm up.

Try to make dips and always 3-3 more day by day. That will pull your strength to very high level.

2 banana every morning with milk 🙂

You can follow this link for abs workout:

Thanks

Follow this plan and then let me know in 1 month.

One things I forgot: Always make Dips after warm up.

Try to make dips and always 3-3 more day by day. That will pull your strength to very high level.

2 banana every morning with milk 🙂

You can follow this link for abs workout:

Thanks

Thank you so much! 🙂

I have a dear friend who is a professional trainer and a competitive bodybuilder. I would ask her to provide some tips based on your physical stats,but I suppose you’ve got what you need from the guys and you didn’t really invite tips from women. You might want to reconsider if you run into some trouble points. Since women do not add lean muscle mass as easily as men unless they take hormones, they actually have some of the best tricks for how to work trouble points for all genders.

Most men don’t do pilates, yoga, or zumba and seem to be into cardio- treadmill- and weights mostly.

There are plenty of women who do powerlifting, competitive bodybuilding and use all types of free weights. I just thought it was amusing that only men were invited to offer tips. My friend who is a trainer has many male clients and she can outfit the beginners and intermediates.

Without steroid use, there are limitations for men and women, but female trainers don’t all stick to the soft stuff. They are in it to gain mass, not to be a walking twig. 😉 Anyway, doesn’t matter further, best wishes to the gym bros.

Archived