Subscription Program Launch: NOW LIVE!

mrwebwebsites

• 2 weeks later...

Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of a new beta test feature, Subscriptions!
799484378_ScreenShot2021-01-25at10_58_39AM.thumb.jpg.8db60378ec5d906e12fda943ec7c4690.jpg

The Subscriptions feature provides you the option to either build on your existing relationships with Buyers who really value your work, or offer new Buyers your services for extended periods.

We’re in the process of rolling this out and currently only select Sellers may offer subscriptions to Buyers.
For a brief moment today, all sellers might have seen the new “subscription” column in their managed Gigs page.

360016072897.png.3c4a0b65a6be6d582210cca821650944.png

If you’re currently able to see the column now, you are part of the beta program. If the column does not show, you’ll have to wait. This is a targeted rollout in order to ensure a quality experience for your Buyers. The Subscription feature eligibility is evaluated according to pre-established criteria to measure the success of the program. These are based on external and internal business metrics, alongside quality metrics.

If you’ve been selected to participate, let us know your thoughts and feedback here in the thread. If this feature is not turned on for you yet and you’re interested, also let us know.

For more information about the program, please check out the landing page and the help center article.

Subscriptions

I was excited to see the invitation. But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche. I’m sure I could hook someone on the subscription, as I do have regular clients, but will it be worth the effort? I would also have to offer some sort of discount as an incentive to get onboard, meaning I might lose out on revenue with my most regular clients.

But I’m open to ideas!

The idea is cool though, I’m just not sure how I would use it… Yet.

Right now I don’t have any interest about this feature. I have interest only on getting orders. Not sure how much it will bring any good to those who haven’t got any orders yet…!? :thinking:

Days ago I had this beta featured… But now it’s disappeared… So no idea what is happening to me…! why am I still here on Fiverr…! :thinking:

I was excited to see the invitation. But now I’m wondering: how would I encorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche. I’m sure I could hook someone on the subscription, as I do have regular clients, but will it be worth the effort? I would also have to offer some sort of discount as an incentive to get onboard, meaning I might lose out on revenue with my most regular clients.

But I’m open to ideas!

I don’t see why the gig price needs to be > $10. Wouldn’t the subscription feature work well for things where the same or similar content are sent to many users? eg. if you created content (where the same/similar content) was sent to hundreds or thousands of people each week/month it could still be quite profitable even if it was priced at $10 or $5. Maybe Fiverr could automate the delivery for that if the same people or groups of people were getting the same content.

Maybe someone might need new voice overs for their channel every week or new content for their blog/website written every week.

edit: though the categories it allows currently don’t include writing categories. But they’ll probably include more categories later on.

Maybe it might work for updating people on the latest information about a subject or weekly/monthly podcasts/training videos. But it might not work well for non-unique content (if >1 person would be getting the content) if the price is can’t be low.

This feature is more for services like social media, that is made for months. If you wanna use this feature you need adapt your services to clients that probably would hire you for many months.

• Example: Social Media GIG is a month service, is charged once time, and the service is made for one month.

I’M NOT COMPLETELY SURE, but maybe even if your gig is not an Montly Gig… you will be able to use the Subscribe option.

• Example: Content Writer GIG that have an duration of 7 days… the client can subscribe and get this service “one time” in each month.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:28 AM, smashradio said:

But now I’m wondering: how would I incorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche.

I’m in exactly the same frame of mind as you are. I was pretty excited about this feature when I first got an email, but after jumping on one of the webinars and then seeing it available, I’m not convinced that I can make it work for any of our VO services. I was hoping it might be similar to a retainer service, where we’d offer a discount for clients bulk-buying some of our time each month. We’ve got some clients who would probably appreciate that. But that’s definitely not what this is.

Maybe someone might need new voice overs for their channel every week or new content for their blog/website written every week.

I agree that this would be a use case, but the service still isn’t built for that (in it’s current form at least). It’s only one order per month, which is quite a specific requirement - a YouTuber would likely want content far more frequently than that. And as far as I’m aware, it has to be an identical order value each month. I guarantee if a client placed a recurring 500 word script order from us each month, it wouldn’t take long until we get a ‘oh, hope you don’t mind but the script is 600 words this month’ message.

I like the fact that Fiverr have thought outside of the box - but I don’t think this feature has had anywhere near enough thought before it was launched. Either that, or they’re aiming it at several categories that it’s simply not built for. It’s great for a Social Media Manager - ‘pay me $250 on the 1st of each month, and I’ll manage your accounts for the month’ etc. But for anyone offering a tangible product, I just don’t get it.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:42 AM, mateusbl said:

This feature is more for services like social media, that is made for months. If you wanna use this feature you need adapt your services to clients that probably would hire you for many months.

Pretty sure writing is also needed for months. I see the social media thing, but they also opened it for Architecture and Interior design. I don’t see how this would be a monthly necessity and writing is not one of the supported ones. But to each his own.

This is a great feature but it definitely needs to be added to the Audio Ads section ASAP. 60% of my business is recurring advertising clients and I’d love to be able to offer them a monthly package but currently for my industry it’s only for the Voice Over category.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, cubittaudio said:

But now I’m wondering: how would I incorporate this into my voice over and content writing business? It’s not exactly the most “subscription friendly” niche.

I’m in exactly the same frame of mind as you are. I was pretty excited about this feature when I first got an email, but after jumping on one of the webinars and then seeing it available, I’m not convinced that I can make it work for any of our VO services. I was hoping it might be similar to a retainer service, where we’d offer a discount for clients bulk-buying some of our time each month. We’ve got some clients who would probably appreciate that. But that’s definitely not what this is.

I agree that this would be a use case, but the service still isn’t built for that (in it’s current form at least). It’s only one order per month, which is quite a specific requirement - a YouTuber would likely want content far more frequently than that. And as far as I’m aware, it has to be an identical order value each month. I guarantee if a client placed a recurring 500 word script order from us each month, it wouldn’t take long until we get a ‘oh, hope you don’t mind but the script is 600 words this month’ message.

I like the fact that Fiverr have thought outside of the box - but I don’t think this feature has had anywhere near enough thought before it was launched. Either that, or they’re aiming it at several categories that it’s simply not built for. It’s great for a Social Media Manager - ‘pay me $250 on the 1st of each month, and I’ll manage your accounts for the month’ etc. But for anyone offering a tangible product, I just don’t get it.

From a VO standpoint its difficult for it to make sense, but for commercial production I would love to have it. I have several clients that order with me the same time every month just to spruce up the radio commercial I’ve put together for them in the months prior. I’d love to be able to offer them an update package.

I attended the Subscription Webinar last week and decided to give it a try. In anticipation of the feature launch on Monday, I created a brand new gig over the weekend targeting a specific buyer demographic that would potentially fit in a subscription model and offering a service specific to their needs. After “adding” the subscription feature to my gig and enabling both the 3 and 6 month options when editing my gig (and mentioning this feature in my Gig description), upon publishing the gig, the Subscription option doesn’t display.

After emailing the Subscription specific email address, I was told that the feature hasn’t actually launched for Buyers yet, but will be rolled out in the upcoming weeks. My gig did manage to convert 1 sale already, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see how the Subscription feature actual pans out in the coming weeks and months.

Hi guys,

I have the feature in my active gigs, it is different to how I thought it was going to be. I was thinking it might be a customisable subscription offer. I am not sure I would want some of my gigs to be subscription based at the basic price gig either.

Is there any plan for editing the subscription offer a touch - price wise and features.

I provide an SEO audit service, but the following months would require a different offer for the recipient. Would be great to have that follow on service.

I suppose I could make a new monthly service gig, they order each month depending on their needs and then once I have reviews, set that to subscription

Hi guys,

I have the feature in my active gigs, it is different to how I thought it was going to be. I was thinking it might be a customisable subscription offer. I am not sure I would want some of my gigs to be subscription based at the basic price gig either.

Is there any plan for editing the subscription offer a touch - price wise and features.

I provide an SEO audit service, but the following months would require a different offer for the recipient. Would be great to have that follow on service.

I suppose I could make a new monthly service gig, they order each month depending on their needs and then once I have reviews, set that to subscription

I had to read all the FAQs a few times but yes I don’t think it’s an option for the buyers yet. I was surprised that we couldn’t customize the gig. I had to choose from my regular gigs and if I give a discount there is no way to tweak the price. So it’s basically the same gig but the buyer can choose to purchase once or a subscription. They can place orders with the date to start. They can cancel and it will not hurt your standing unless the order has started. The discount starts on the second month.

People are hand selected based on certain criteria (which we do not have access too) so again your public and private feedback matter in addition to all the other written and un- written metrics. Be kind and professional in every interaction.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:13 PM, melissaharlowvo said:

They hand selected those who are being invited first.

I’m not sure they’re actually all hand selected. They do say:

Only select sellers who meet pre-established criteria, based on external and internal business and quality metrics, will have the option of offering Subscriptions on their Gigs.

But that doesn’t really mean they’re selected by hand. Eventually there might be thousands or more of them selected. It probably just means they have metrics that sellers or their gigs have to meet to be able to use the feature and they’re not disclosing all those metrics, just things like the categories a person has gigs in.

eg. metrics might be earnings, level, ratings, dashboard stats etc. Like for the promoted gigs they might have to be at least level 2 (or close to it) or above.

I had also hoped this would be more of a retainer type service. I’m not too sure why they included me in the rollout for this (as another voice actor). The only use case I could see for this as a voice actor is if you’re charging for temporary commercial rights on a per-month of use basis, but this would be really unusual instead of just offering a buyout. Less convenient for everyone involved I think?

The nature of voiceover work is that even with a repeat client, scripts will typically vary too much in length to warrant a standardised monthly fee.

I suppose if you were working with someone so much to the point where they want to hire you on a sort of employment basis, paying you a “monthly salary” that is agreed on by both parties, it could maybe work as well…? But again, to me that just seems to be asking for trouble, with too many ways it could go wrong.

Still, it’s nice to see new options and features being rolled out, even if it’s unlikely to be something I will use.

They hand selected those who are being invited first.

I’m not sure they’re actually all hand selected. They do say:

Only select sellers who meet pre-established criteria, based on external and internal business and quality metrics, will have the option of offering Subscriptions on their Gigs.

But that doesn’t really mean they’re selected by hand. Eventually there might be thousands or more of them selected. It probably just means they have metrics that sellers or their gigs have to meet to be able to use the feature and they’re not disclosing all those metrics, just things like the categories a person has gigs in.

eg. metrics might be earnings, level, ratings, dashboard stats etc. Like for the promoted gigs they might have to be at least level 2 (or close to it) or above.

What I mean by hand-selected is although you may meet the metrics (requirements), just as in a Top Rated Seller (it doesn’t mean you will be selected to be a TRS) you have to wait to be chosen. They are launching to sellers (right now) who have developed and earned a bit of trust with Fiverr. Trust is a very subjective idea. I am sure that eventually, if others meet the metrics and develop trust, they will too be offered subscriptions.

I hope I am making sense.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:59 AM, joyh97 said:

I had also hoped this would be more of a retainer type service. I’m not too sure why they included me in the rollout for this (as another voice actor). The only use case I could see for this as a voice actor is if you’re charging for temporary commercial rights on a per-month of use basis, but this would be really unusual instead of just offering a buyout. Less convenient for everyone involved I think?

The nature of voiceover work is that even with a repeat client, scripts will typically vary too much in length to warrant a standardised monthly fee.

I suppose if you were working with someone so much to the point where they want to hire you on a sort of employment basis, paying you a “monthly salary” that is agreed on by both parties, it could maybe work as well…? But again, to me that just seems to be asking for trouble, with too many ways it could go wrong.

Still, it’s nice to see new options and features being rolled out, even if it’s unlikely to be something I will use.

As a voice over gig, I have a buyer who has ordered every week since 2018 and we are going on our 100th order! I am going to encourage her to use the subscription to see what she thinks. I feel she will give me her honest opinion.

Also, you will have a Fiverr Success Coach who is assigned to you and will guide and be there for help and questions. That is the most awesome thing!!!

Archived