SUCCESSFUL Fiverr ID Verification: Here's what you need to know

After having had a very intense/busy last week, I expected today to be a lazy Sunday — one of seclusion and contemplation. But — oh, no! Life would be too easy (too boring even) if everything went your way, am I right? 😉

As soon as I wake up, I usually check my mobile phone for notifications (I have ALL Fiverr notifications enabled, btw). Sometimes, I also open the Fiverr App just in case there is a notification hiding inside the App (sometimes, push notifications can be unreliable 😉 ). But, today, I didn’t see anything in the App either.

After making myself some breakfast, I opened Fiverr on my PC. I noticed the characteristic magenta/pink dot by the “Messages.” There were still no notifications on the Fiverr App, though. This struck me as strange. Anyway, when I checked the Fiverr notification on my PC, it was the dreaded “Verify your ID to continue on Fiverr” message. 😰 Yep, it appeared as a notification. So, please pay attention to those magenta/pink dots and the message that’s shown! 😉

Since there are hardly any posts (from people who have succeeded in their verification process) detailing the entire verification process, I thought I’d give a very detailed description of my experience. 😃 Okay, moving on…

When you click on that notification, it takes you to a page where there is a QR code (which directs you to the ID verification link) as well as an option to get the ID verification link (that the QR code directs you to) sent via e-mail. To be honest, I was under the impression that each seller received a unique link which would only work for that seller. However, it was just a generic link which took you to Fiverr’s ID verification page. This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

https:// www.fiverr. com/id_verification/info

[Note: Hyperlink has been removed. Please do not go to this web-address if you haven’t yet received a notification to verify your ID. I have only shared this info. so that you understand every step of the process.]

Once you go to that link on your smartphone, you will then be asked to enter your Fiverr login details. The verification process will start as soon as you are logged in.

You can access the above-mentioned link via your PC/tablet/laptop, too. However, I am not sure if accessing that link from such devices would ask you to switch to a smartphone to proceed with the verification process. Fiverr suggests you do the verification process on your smartphone, and that’s how I did mine.

The verification process consists of 2 stages:

1. Take a photo of your passport/driver’s license/ID.

2. Take a photo of yourself.

You have the option to either go to the camera App on your phone to take a current photo or to access your photos/files on your phone to upload a pre-existing file/photo from your phone. Before proceeding to the next step in the verification process, you can also retake the photos as many ever times as you want until you are satisfied with the quality of the photo.

Just like how someone had already mentioned in a previous thread, you can also upload a pre-existing/pre-scanned photo of your document by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone.

I believe the more clear, sharp, focused, and bright (without overexposure, of course) your photos are, the higher is your chance of success.

Therefore, I believe the easiest way to succeed in the verification process is by getting a professionally-made studio-quality photo of your ID and yourself and uploading it during your verification process (by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone).

You could also use a scanner to scan your documents, but I believe a professional-quality photo of your ID (taken in a bright environment with diffuse lighting) would have a much higher resolution/quality.

Here’s what I personally did:

1. Since I didn’t have a pre-scanned image of my ID that was of good enough quality, I decided to first take a photo of my ID before starting the verification process (I used a 16 Mp camera for this purpose). It is also possible to tab out of your browser to access the camera App on your phone even when you are already in the middle of the verification process on your mobile browser.

I stuck my ID onto the middle of a plain white paper (with double-sided tape). I then turned ALL the lights in my room on to ensure that the room was brightly lit and that the light was very diffuse. This was to ensure that there was no shadow projecting onto the ID while taking its photo. I rested the sheet of paper (with my ID) on a wall and then took a photo. Please make sure that the photo looks sharp and bright. I then uploaded the photo to my PC and edited it further for better brightness and image clarity. I then sent the edited image to my phone and started the verification process. In the first step, I clicked on the icon to access files on my phone and uploaded this edited image of my ID. Despite putting in all the effort to ensure that the edited photo was as bright as possible, the final uploaded image in step 1 looked dull/dark. But that didn’t seem to be an issue.

1. Since I already had a studio-quality photo of myself taken when I had applied for my passport, I just uploaded that photo in the second step.

This is the end of the verification process. You will then get a message saying that Fiverr has received your photos and that they will inform you of the result.

Hardly 5 seconds after that, I got an email saying that I’d successfully verified my ID.

I also got a notification on Fiverr.

image.png.91a161b1670da33ea295cabb7d69a287.png

I would also like to mention that the ID that I’d uploaded was not an entirely English document. It had German, English, and French. So, I think Fiverr accepts non-English documents, too. 🙂

I did not see any information pertaining to the number of attempts I had available and the deadline for successful verification of ID prior to account suspension. Some users have claimed that you only have 15 days to verify your ID and that you only have 3 attempts. I am not sure if Fiverr has changed this in any way. Or maybe you’re shown that info. only after you fail in verifying your ID? I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the ID verification process. I’d be glad to help y’all out. 😺

image.thumb.png.7842641ec1ac76eeab052391886d877a.png

• Like 139
  • Thanks 1

If someone don’t want to display his/her picture?

In order to successfully verify your ID, you need to upload two documents: 1. An ID that has your photo in it (the information/ID page of your passport, nationally issued ID/driver’s license), and 2. A photo of yourself.

If you do not do this, Fiverr will suspend your account, and you will have to then interact with them. Even if/when that happens, Fiverr will ask you to verify your ID. If you don’t do that, they could ban you from Fiverr until you’re able to prove your identity.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, hanshuber16 said:

This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

https://www.fiverr.com/id_verification/infoDon’t click on this link just for safety purpose.

@hanshuber16 You just gave me a heart attack. When I clicked this link, I saw this info:

1340643919_Screenshot2019-03-04at1_29_30AM.thumb.png.8ffe37007059c5d59884b8a1c7cda5cb.png

I never received any verification thing, so why did it showed me this. 

I refreshed my profile, 3-4 times just to see that my profile is safe.

• Like 40
  • Up 1

On 3/3/2019 at 3:05 PM, iamsachmusic said:

@hanshuber16 You just gave me a heart attack.

When I clicked this link, I saw this info:

I am sorry, but I only mentioned the link because I wanted to explain the entire process.

Is your account okay? 😟

I will edit my post to remove the hyperlink. 

• Like 33

On 3/3/2019 at 3:08 PM, hanshuber16 said:

I am sorry, but I only mentioned the link because I wanted to explain the entire process.

Is your account okay?

Yeah… my account is fine and safe. There is no notification like the above information or any email so everything is safe. I think… After you scan the QR code, it does redirect to a unique page. Maybe not! :roll_eyes: 

• Like 38

On 3/3/2019 at 3:11 PM, iamsachmusic said:

Yeah… my account is fine and safe. 

I’m glad to hear that.

On 3/3/2019 at 3:11 PM, iamsachmusic said:

After you scan the QR code, it does redirect to a unique page. Maybe not! :roll_eyes:

Like I mentioned in the original post, all sellers, upon receiving the notification to verify their ID, are directed to the same link. It is only after you login with your Fiverr ID/pw that it takes you to a unique, secure page to upload your documents. 

• Like 35
  • Up 1

Yeah… my account is fine and safe.

I’m glad to hear that.

After you scan the QR code, it does redirect to a unique page. Maybe not! :roll_eyes:

Like I mentioned in the original post, all sellers, upon receiving the notification to verify their ID, are directed to the same link. It is only after you login with your Fiverr ID/pw that it takes you to a unique, secure page to upload your documents.

What do you mean by that? Did you logged in into your account via a mobile browser?

I thought, it would just take you to the Fiverr app if installed and start the process directly in the app.

• Like 30

What do you mean by that? Did you logged in into your account via a mobile browser?

I thought, it would just take you to the Fiverr app if installed and start the process directly in the app.

Did you logged in into your account via a mobile browser?

Exactly!

Nope. 😿

• Like 34

Did you logged in into your account via a mobile browser?

Exactly!

Nope. 😿 So I have to make sure that I disable my VPN when I log in into my account, otherwise who knows what will happen.

Thanks for the update though!

• Like 32

This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

https://www.fiverr.com/id_verification/infoDon’t click on this link just for safety purpose.

@hanshuber16 You just gave me a heart attack.

When I clicked this link, I saw this info:

Don’t click on this link just for safety purpose .

Nah, it’s been taken care of. Thanks to your update, I have made the link “unclickable” 🙂

• Like 28

After having had a very intense/busy last week, I expected today to be a lazy Sunday — one of seclusion and contemplation. But — oh, no! Life would be too easy (too boring even) if everything went your way, am I right? 😉

As soon as I wake up, I usually check my mobile phone for notifications (I have ALL Fiverr notifications enabled, btw). Sometimes, I also open the Fiverr App just in case there is a notification hiding inside the App (sometimes, push notifications can be unreliable 😉 ). But, today, I didn’t see anything in the App either.

After making myself some breakfast, I opened Fiverr on my PC. I noticed the characteristic magenta/pink dot by the “Messages.” There were still no notifications on the Fiverr App, though. This struck me as strange. Anyway, when I checked the Fiverr notification on my PC, it was the dreaded “Verify your ID to continue on Fiverr” message. 😰 Yep, it appeared as a notification. So, please pay attention to those magenta/pink dots and the message that’s shown! 😉

Since there are hardly any posts (from people who have succeeded in their verification process) detailing the entire verification process, I thought I’d give a very detailed description of my experience. 😃 Okay, moving on…

When you click on that notification, it takes you to a page where there is a QR code (which directs you to the ID verification link) as well as an option to get the ID verification link (that the QR code directs you to) sent via e-mail. To be honest, I was under the impression that each seller received a unique link which would only work for that seller. However, it was just a generic link which took you to Fiverr’s ID verification page. This is the link that the QR code, as well as the email, directs you to:

[Note: Hyperlink has been removed. Please do not go to this web-address if you haven’t yet received a notification to verify your ID. I have only shared this info. so that you understand every step of the process.]

Once you go to that link on your smartphone, you will then be asked to enter your Fiverr login details. The verification process will start as soon as you are logged in.

You can access the above-mentioned link via your PC/tablet/laptop, too. However, I am not sure if accessing that link from such devices would ask you to switch to a smartphone to proceed with the verification process. Fiverr suggests you do the verification process on your smartphone, and that’s how I did mine.

You have the option to either go to the camera App on your phone to take a current photo or to access your photos/files on your phone to upload a pre-existing file/photo from your phone. Before proceeding to the next step in the verification process, you can also retake the photos as many ever times as you want until you are satisfied with the quality of the photo.

Just like how someone had already mentioned in a previous thread, you can also upload a pre-existing/pre-scanned photo of your document by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone.

I believe the more clear, sharp, focused, and bright (without overexposure, of course) your photos are, the higher is your chance of success.

Therefore, I believe the easiest way to succeed in the verification process is by getting a professionally-made studio-quality photo of your ID and yourself and uploading it during your verification process (by clicking on the icon that allows you to access the photos/files on your phone).

You could also use a scanner to scan your documents, but I believe a professional-quality photo of your ID (taken in a bright environment with diffuse lighting) would have a much higher resolution/quality.

1. Since I didn’t have a pre-scanned image of my ID that was of good enough quality, I decided to first take a photo of my ID before starting the verification process (I used a 16 Mp camera for this purpose). It is also possible to tab out of your browser to access the camera App on your phone even when you are already in the middle of the verification process on your mobile browser.

I stuck my ID onto the middle of a plain white paper (with double-sided tape). I then turned ALL the lights in my room on to ensure that the room was brightly lit and that the light was very diffuse. This was to ensure that there was no shadow projecting onto the ID while taking its photo. I rested the sheet of paper (with my ID) on a wall and then took a photo. Please make sure that the photo looks sharp and bright. I then uploaded the photo to my PC and edited it further for better brightness and image clarity. I then sent the edited image to my phone and started the verification process. In the first step, I clicked on the icon to access files on my phone and uploaded this edited image of my ID. Despite putting in all the effort to ensure that the edited photo was as bright as possible, the final uploaded image in step 1 looked dull/dark. But that didn’t seem to be an issue.

1. Since I already had a studio-quality photo of myself taken when I had applied for my passport, I just uploaded that photo in the second step.

This is the end of the verification process. You will then get a message saying that Fiverr has received your photos and that they will inform you of the result.

Hardly 5 seconds after that, I got an email saying that I’d successfully verified my ID.

I would also like to mention that the ID that I’d uploaded was not an entirely English document. It had German, English, and French. So, I think Fiverr accepts non-English documents, too. 🙂

I did not see any information pertaining to the number of attempts I had available and the deadline for successful verification of ID prior to account suspension. Some users have claimed that you only have 15 days to verify your ID and that you only have 3 attempts. I am not sure if Fiverr has changed this in any way. Or maybe you’re shown that info. only after you fail in verifying your ID? I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the ID verification process. I’d be glad to help y’all out. 😺

I got an email saying that I’d successfully verified my ID.

Congratulations… Unlike other Fiverr seller, the whole verification process was a piece of cake to you because you’re a genius…

• Like 31

I am facing problem with the skill test result … I have turned off some result and do not want to show on my profile and I can not see those in my profile but when I am checking from logged out/ incognito mode I can see all exam that I have passed and also can see those that I have turned off .I think you can confirm me that it is fiverr site problem or my browser problem … And I think this is not my browser problem because I have checked that from several device .

Screenshot_11

I can see these result on your profile …Is those correct that you wanted show ?

Or it is also showing those turned of result ?.

And I wanted to showing these but showing all .

Screenshot_12

Hi,

This forum post is dedicated to discussing Fiverr’s ID verification process.

Since what you have mentioned is an entirely different issue and is not related to the current forum post (off-topic), I think you should create a new forum post on this issue with screenshots of the data from your own profile.

• Like 27

Hardly 5 seconds after that,

I had verified my account online for various things (paypal, Payoneer etc), but all of them took at least a day or two to verify my details.

• Like 27

On 3/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, shifan said:

I had verified my account online for various things (paypal, Payoneer etc), but all of them took at least a day or two to verify my details.

Yep. It looks like Fiverr uses some kind of automated verification system where an AI algorithm or program makes the decision. There is no human involvement whatsoever.

This verification step just verifies your identity. It does not verify your account/profile details/information.

• Like 39
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

In order to successfully verify your ID, you need to upload two documents: 1. An ID that has your photo in it (the information/ID page of your passport, nationally issued ID/driver’s license), and 2. A photo of yourself.

If you do not do this, Fiverr will suspend your account, and you will have to then interact with them. Even if/when that happens, Fiverr will ask you to verify your ID. If you don’t do that, they could ban you from Fiverr until you’re able to prove your identity.

Thank you for the help.

• Like 27

Hi,

This forum post is dedicated to discussing Fiverr’s ID verification process.

Since what you have mentioned is an entirely different issue and is not related to the current forum post (off-topic), I think you should create a new forum post on this issue with screenshots of the data from your own profile.

I have got my answer …Thanks

• Like 29