Suggestion: Automatically Cancel Abandoned Orders Without Affecting Your Overall Rating

The title is self explanatory.

Abandoned Orders?
These are:

• Left incomplete
  • Buyer don’t respond to your update

Something isn’t right.

• Worst case scenario, buyer died or in a hospital.
  • Stolen gadget/phone
  • No access to internet anymore

Reported this one to Fiverr’s CS, but I need your support so this can go up to management level. It penalizes sellers* so that only mean it’s unfair for everyone. Your sales, overall rating and standing on Fiverr can be affected by this one. Especially if you’re already suffering from too many cancellation, it can add up to your problem.

SELLER* (typo) has no control about this issue and that’s why it’s unfair in the first place. You have no choice but to cancel it yourself or via CS since buyer doesn’t respond at all.

NOTE: This fiverr’s automatic cancellation does not affect your rating since it isn’t your fault at all. Obviously.

asterisk = typos
Sorry about the confusion.

Abandoned Orders?

These are:

• Left incomplete

Something isn’t right.

• Stolen gadget/phone

Reported this one to Fiverr’s CS, but I need your support so this can go up to management level. It penalizes sellers* so that only mean it’s unfair for everyone. Your sales, overall rating and standing on Fiverr can be affected by this one. Especially if you’re already suffering from too many cancellation, it can add up to your problem.

SELLER* (typo) has no control about this issue and that’s why it’s unfair in the first place. You have no choice but to cancel it yourself or via CS since buyer doesn’t respond at all.

NOTE: This fiverr’s automatic cancellation does not affect your rating since it isn’t your fault at all. Obviously.

asterisk = typos

This fiverr’s automatic cancellation does not affect your rating since it isn’t your fault at all.

Who told you that ?

CS wrote me that every cancellation affect out rating.

Abandoned Orders?

These are:

• Left incomplete

Something isn’t right.

• Stolen gadget/phone

asterisk = typos

Worst case scenario, buyer died or in a hospital.

Gosh that’s a cheery one to start with. 😉

How about simple buyer’s remorse - they changed their mind, or realised they bought the wrong thing etc?

I take it this is your suggestion rather than the current situation?

This fiverr’s automatic cancellation does not affect your rating since it isn’t your fault at all.

Who told you that ?

I think she meant that this “automatic feature” she is suggesting, would not affect your cancellation rating, if/when it goes through.

Who told you that ?

carineb

6h

Who told you that ?

Yes, That’s True, It Already affected my account.

Worst case scenario, buyer died or in a hospital.

Gosh that’s a cheery one to start with. 😉

How about simple buyer’s remorse - they changed their mind, or realised they bought the wrong thing etc?

I take it this is your suggestion rather than the current situation?

132144_1.png darwinlaganzon:

I also have an order from a buyer who placed it on 31st December near midnight, and after a couple of days when I asked him what happened, he told me he can’t remember placing that order (he probably drank a bit too much 😏 ) - I didn’t cancel it, he didn’t cancel it, it stays in limbo for now until Fiverr decides to take the weight of such cancellations from our shoulders. And it’s a big order, too 👀

carineb

6h

Who told you that ?

Yes, That’s True, It Already affected my account.

Yes that’s true, that’s why I’m suggesting this one. To “automatically cancel” orders abandoned by buyers. You can check Woofy31’s reply as it’s the same matter. Another suggestion is not to penalize sellers who cancel buyer’s order because of he/she ordered by mistake.

132144_1.png darwinlaganzon:

I also have an order from a buyer who placed it on 31st December near midnight, and after a couple of days when I asked him what happened, he told me he can’t remember placing that order (he probably drank a bit too much 😏 ) - I didn’t cancel it, he didn’t cancel it, it stays in limbo for now until Fiverr decides to take the weight of such cancellations from our shoulders. And it’s a big order, too 👀

Thanks. I know I’m not the only one.

Who told you that ?

Yes, that’s right. That’s why I posted this suggestion. Edited my original post (my typo confused everyone).

Archived