Suggestion- Donation/Tip/Support button on profiles

Hello guys! I think that a Donation/Tip/Support button on the accounts of sellers and our creative community is a great idea and will definitely be beneficial for all of us. I’ve seen similar stuff done all over the Internet since the Coronavirus, here’s a screenshot I took yesterday while I was listening music on soundcloud: IWsXOa.jpg.16d964c46698848aa02522a691a03bee.jpg

Here’s just a quick idea on how it can look like:

1574818385_20200527_214809(1).jpg.png.7658217b8f10bc90716f8cf35ff8874e.png
20200527_214809 (1).jpg444×502 77 KB

I think that by this option buyers can Tip sellers even after the “Tip time” has passed, tipping will become easier and some buyers can support sellers if they are a fan of their work. This will only benefit the platform and it will definitely build a stronger community.

Thoughts?

• Like 6

The support system has always sounded too cheesy for me.

Why so? It is not enforced, everybody will be free to donate/tip/support sellers they like. I feel like this is a great option if you’re a fan of someone’s work and want to show some appreciation and support. A lot of different platforms are using it, the design I uploaded looks awful ofc (I did it on Paint 😅) but I still think that it’s a good idea, especially with the current situation in mind.

• Like 5

Why so? It is not enforced, everybody will be free to donate/tip/support sellers they like. I feel like this is a great option if you’re a fan of someone’s work and want to show some appreciation and support. A lot of different platforms are using it, the design I uploaded looks awful ofc (I did it on Paint 😅) but I still think that it’s a good idea, especially with the current situation in mind.

Your suggestion is much appreciated, and the design looks fine.

I just don’t think that the support and tip thing are any different. For a buyer to support their favourite seller on Fiverr, the tip system is already there.

• Like 5

Your suggestion is much appreciated, and the design looks fine.

I just don’t think that the support and tip thing are any different. For a buyer to support their favourite seller on Fiverr, the tip system is already there.

Nope, that’s not the case. The tip system is a pain in the ass, lot of buyers probably can’t find it if they close the original pop-up/tip suggestion after accepting the delivery. You also have to have an order in the first place in order to tip and even if you an order has been completed you cannot tip if you wait a few days after it’s completion. The Tip/Support/Donate button is convenient and it will definitely result in more profit for the sellers and the platform as a whole. It is not enforced, buyers literally just have the option to support creative people and sellers that they appreciate and I’m sure that a lot of them will do so. I support 5+ people that I don’t know just because I enjoy their work/content, this can only benefit the platform.

• Like 5

Nope, that’s not the case. The tip system is a pain in the ass, lot of buyers probably can’t find it if they close the original pop-up/tip suggestion after accepting the delivery. You also have to have an order in the first place in order to tip and even if you an order has been completed you cannot tip if you wait a few days after it’s completion. The Tip/Support/Donate button is convenient and it will definitely result in more profit for the sellers and the platform as a whole. It is not enforced, buyers literally just have the option to support creative people and sellers that they appreciate and I’m sure that a lot of them will do so. I support 5+ people that I don’t know just because I enjoy their work/content, this can only benefit the platform.

Why would someone want to tip if they haven’t ordered anything?

• Like 7

Why would someone want to tip if they haven’t ordered anything?

I’ve had repeat clients requesting custom offers just to tip me n show support. I don’t understand the “Why would anyone support anyone ever?” logic. If you enjoy the work of someone you should be able to support them. A button like this is convenient and will be a great addition, not sure why the idea is not received well when it’s pretty much everywhere. If this is implemented tipping will become easier in general, buyers can Tip sellers even after the “Tip time” has passed and some buyers can support sellers if they’re a fan of their work. This will only benefit the platform and it will definitely build a stronger community.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Even though I see your point about support on profiles, wouldn't placing a 5$ order be more beneficial in the long run? 

Because if you want to give money to the seller, it might mean the seller either doesn't get any order, and I assuming donations will most likely be 5$ or more, might as well just make an easy/simple order instead. 

Giving a donation might nit help improve the seller's visibility or add visible credibility. 

Making a 5$ order will not only pay the seller, it will also add an additional review and rating which would be way more indispensable to them, and you can always tip more if you want to. Correct me if I'm wrong, I also assume making a bigger priced order to pay more is also ok if the seller consented if you really want to pay more.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against tipping, as I tip sellers whenever I really like the final product or service quality, and I even tip the max amount to my favourite sellers (I think it's like 5x the amount). I just think giving a review and rating to their pay help sellers more than just straight up pay them for support. 

Edited by mangodrop
  • Like 5

On 7/1/2020 at 2:44 AM, worthforcheap said:

Thoughts?

Buyers already support the seller while buying from him. If you want to receive support from your audience, create a Patreon. There are much more important issues to solve, like the ability to start or stop gig multiples, something that's very problematic and which is affected a lot of people on the site. 

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

I think it would be a great addition to implement a tipping option for the buyers. Especially if the customer is extra satisfied with the service and is feeling generous. Additionally, for sellers, it can be a great incentive to provide above and beyond service to customers! Would love to hear the communities thoughts on this.

Thanks!

-Tore

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, toregee said:

I think it would be a great addition to implement a tipping option for the buyers. Especially if the customer is extra satisfied with the service and is feeling generous. Additionally, for sellers, it can be a great incentive to provide above and beyond service to customers! Would love to hear the communities thoughts on this.

Thanks!

-Tore

There already is a tipping option.

• Like 2
  • Up 1