In no order of importance. I collected these, to have them in 1 spot, I agree with some, not with all.
The ‘Fiverr Site Suggestions’ here might be more useful, if staff or mods/admins could take what actually are suggestions and make some survey out of them, so people wouldn´t (have to) post the same suggestions over and over again, but could find them in the surveys and vote on them, and only add things that haven´t been suggested already x times, so…suggestion:
FIND A BETTER WAY TO MANAGE SUGGESTIONS/REDUCE REDUNDANCY,
maybe something like a survey system, where new surveys can only be posted for suggestions that don´t have a survey already
And a kind of a premature ‘just in case’ suggestion by me: Someone please
SAVE THE STICKY POSTS
of all forum sections, and maybe some of the more popular and useful not-sticky threads as well, in case the forum will be swapped to some different platform and something goes wrong with the move, so not all will be lost and those could be re-posted to a new forum then, blank slates might be nice in some cases, but would be a pity still, if some of the really useful on-topic posts got lost.
MAKE THE REVIEWS BUYERS GET FROM SELLERS AS READILY AVAILABLE FOR SELLERS AS THE SELLERS’ ARE FOR BUYERS
- to protect your estimated sellers from scammy and other kinds of bad buyers. many many many people want this and it pops up again and again and again, in all kinds of forum sections and threads. Really.
PROTECT SELLERS FROM UNRIGHTFUL PAYPAL-CHARGEBACKS
SUGGESTION FOR A BETTER BUYER EXPERIENCE
quoting this suggestion from jmains: http://forum.fiverr.com/?topic=suggestions-for-better-buying-experience
"It would be great if you would improve a few aspects of your website:
- List the User/Sellers name in the “manage orders” section so I can easily sort through all my orders and find the seller I am trying to contact. This should be an easy fix.
- When the seller uploads the files for the buyer to download it would be nice if there was just a one-click download option since so many different file types are uploaded, ie a Zip File . Would be much easier instead of having to download and save each individual file .
- Make the “back” button work after reviewing an order so you can go back to the screen that lists all your orders.
REMOVE (THE ANYWAYS GLITCHY) RESPONSE RATE
- see this thread if you need any more conviction, hint: it has 12 pages…
(ETA: this link doesn´t work, I suspect because of the page glitch, so…well, suggestion: just believe that many people want to be rid of that glitchy response rate, at least while it´s glitchy, and…work on the page glitch…)
- against sellers spamming Buyers Request section in a way that makes it some kind of last recourse option for sellers who really need or want some jobs, and will get potential buyers much less replies, because a lot of sellers don´t have or want to spend the time on filtering the actual requests from all the seller spam
against creeps (e.g. people who ask a seller for pics of their feet, if what they offer has nothing to do with pics of feet)
against ‘problem buyers’, who are out to harass a seller by ordering just to cause problems, to scam them, insult them, are other sellers out to harm competition etc. - sellers want the right to refuse to work for some kinds of people
OPTION TO CHOOSE ONESELF HOW MANY GIG MULTIPLES A BUYER CAN ORDER
- for both single gig and triple package system
OPTION TO ACCEPT / REJECT ORDERS
- speaks for itself
A WAY TO MAKE BUYERS READ IMPORTANT PARTS OF A GIG’S DESCRIPTION/SELLER TOS BEFORE THEY CAN ORDER / OPTION TO CANCEL SUCH ORDERS WITHOUT NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ON RANKING
- against buyers who simply order a gig, without reading and following a seller’s clear instructions, e.g. ‘Don´t order before you contacted me to talk’, "No ordering of 24 hour service without contacting me’, ‘No ordering of more than x words without prior contact’, ‘No legal translations’, ‘No what-have-you’…
BETTER / MORE ACCURATE SEARCH ALGORITHMS
- a lot of us find a lot of gigs that don´t have anything to do with the search terms put in miles above our own gigs which fit the search terms accurately
A FIVERR BUILT-IN DIGITAL STORAGE
so people don´t have to use dropbox or drive
related to this:
HIGHER MB LIMIT for sending files
OPTION TO ADD A REASON WHEN WE USE THE FORUM-REPORT-BUTTON
- to help fiverr/forum staff with an ‘order of importance’ to check reported posts
WORK ON THE FIVERR APP: APPARENTLY BUYERS CLICK LESS THAN 5 STARS EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO CLICK 5 STARS ACCIDENTALLY A LOT AND HAVE NO OPTION TO ‘REPAIR’ THAT
- yeah, this might belong more into the bug section, but the suggestion is: work on the things that don´t work as they should/develop something that works better, if you´d put not
***** for buyers to click with big fingers on a small app screen,
but would make it something like
1 star (bad rating)
5 stars (best rating)
DEFAULT FORUM WHEN POSTING A NEW TOPIC
- self-evident, default topic should be the one one is currently in, when posting
BRING BACK THE LIKES FOR FORUM POSTS
ALLOW SELLERS TO CONTACT BUYERS THEY HAD MUTUALLY CANCELLED ORDERS WITH
- a seller had a buyer who wants to re-order and now can´t contact them, that doesn´t seem as if it´s intended that way
POSSIBILITY TO UPLOAD AUDIO FILES NOT JUST VIDEO
- for demos for gigs, some people say they don´t have (good) video but audio equipment, and offer audio gigs not video gigs anyway
BUTTON TO REPORT ILLEGAL/QUESTIONABLE BUYERS REQUESTS
POSSIBILITY, VIA CHECKBOX OR SOMETHING, TO SEND A BUYER A CUSTOM OFFER FOR A GIG WITHOUT THEM HAVING TO FULFILL ORDER REQUIREMENTS
- for when everything has been discussed, a seller already has the files through inbox which the buyer would have to attach as gig requirement etc.
ENABLE PARTIAL REFUNDS
- e.g. a seller is sick, or can´t keep their deadline for some other reason, a buyer might be okay with that, if they offer a partial refund to make up for lengthening the deadline or several other conceivable reasons
- for talking with buyers within fiverr
PAUSE BUTTON ON ORDERS
- with some kind of control mechanism against abuse
Do AWAY WITH THE ‘to what industry does this order relate to’-question
- alternatively at least make clear to the buyer that it´s fiverr asking that, not the seller
EXTRA SECURITY LAYER FOR ACCOUNT PROTECTION
- like mobile authentication or something
ANONYMOUS WEEKLY/MONTHLY REPORTS ON PRIVATE FEEDBACK
- to enable sellers to know what buyers might have complained about, what they should work on etc.
RETHINK THE REVIEW QUESTIONS FOR BUYERS
- quoting this from a post by a buyer, greenkg, as it is spot on (http://forum.fiverr.com/?topic=as-a-buyer-i-think-review-questions-should-be-changed)
"I think that the review questions should focus on confirming whether seller delivered the work as promised. One of the review questions is “Would you use this seller again?” and maybe my answer to this question is “no” because I realized I didn’t like their style.
If my answer to this is “no” it doesn’t mean I am unhappy with what I got for the fee on the current job, just that I won’t use this person again.
I think the review questions should be more black-and-white–just “Did seller deliver what was promised?”
OPTION TO SAVE THE LANGUAGE SETTING
DO NOT FORCE-GOOGLE-‘TRANSLATE’ GIG DESCRIPTIONS
LOWER FEE / TIERED FEE
(20% for orders up to 100$, 15% up to 500$ etc. or similar)
SHORTER CLEARANCE PERIOD
"14 days is too long"
NO FEE ON TIPS
FORUM: page feature (repair it already! ;))
FORUM: ABILITY TO AUTO-FOLLOW THREADS ONE REPLIES TO
CHANGE NUMBER OF ‘OFFERS LEFT TODAY’ from 10-20
MAKE IT CLEAR TO BUYERS THAT THE BOX THEY SEE WHEN THEY REVIEW THE SELLER IS NOT THE INBOX
- sellers have it happen that buyers think this box is the inbox and just type ‘Thank you’ in there, or even ask for a revision in the review box…
RENAME SITE TO SIXTERR
-because of exorbitant fees (hey it was one of the suggestions, on page 4 or so as we speak ;))