Fiverr Forum

Suggestions for Pricing a Writing Gig

Hello everyone! I rarely post here in the forums, but comment often and lurk even more frequently. But since I’m launching a completely new side to my freelancing business, I figured I’d might get some input.

I’m a web developer and PC technician, and that’s made up for the majority of my gigs here on fiverr. I have, however, been writing as a volunteer in the games journalism space, and decided it was finally time to capitalize on 2 years of practice. I actually had a buyer approach me with this idea before I’d really considered it, so I created the gig and customized the pricing to where I’m comfortable, but does it hold up to your standards?

Feel free to give me a little feedback on the pricing, as I’ve only ever had one paid writing job before this, and would appreciate your input.

https://www.fiverr.com/bolharr2250/write-a-tech-or-gaming-article

Your prices are very reasonable to me, not too high and not too low for the word count. Since you write for a very specific niche, you’ll have to be approachable to keep getting sales, so it’s smart to stay in a moderate pricing range for a long time. Since you said you are comfortable, too, that’s really more important than anything.

If you keep writing you’ll also get faster at it, so that will give you a “raise” without having to change anything. Could you get more? Some people do, and even a lot more. I know of writers on Fiverr that wouldn’t write 10 words for $4. Those sellers usually have thousands of reviews, though, a loyal customer base that comes back repeatedly, and they’ve saved up enough to go through bad times. It’s a lot of pressure to live up to those standards as well and not everyone wants that much pressure. Good luck!

Thanks! I realize this probably should have gone in the “Improve my gig” section, but I really appreciate the feedback! I’m looking forward to growing in the writing arena (if at all possible considering the overwhelmingly over-saturated market)

Love your gig! Description is perfect and professional. Your response to your customer’s review is perfect. The prices seem correct, i like it!