Fiverr Community Forum

Suggestions on enhancing customer communications

Thanks for your great tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve found that the best way to encourage good buyer/seller communication is to start with the gig description, image, video and FAQ sections.

Although I thought I was being very clear in my specifications as to what my gigs do and don’t cover, I was still struggling with buyers purchasing my gigs in error, and having to mutually cancel, which was of course affecting my cancellation rate.

I asked some forum friends to have a look at my gigs and offer suggestions - I now have a note as to what I offer at the top of my gig, in my image section, at the start of the gig videos, and in the FAQ section.

This has resulted in fewer cancellations, and happy buyers. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wonderful Tips… using little bit. I am sending message on confirmation & order delivery.

I can also start message when I will start working on package.

1 Like

Your Tips are appreciable!

1 Like

That’s a great suggestion on making the gig as good as it can be to begin
with. I used all ten of my FAQ slots in each gig to really try and lay out
what the gig does and doesn’t do. You’re right in that providing good
information up front is one of the best ways of getting everything off to a
good start.

2 Likes

You captured my ideas about communication. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Great templates! The only other thing I add to the message I send out when I receive an order is a line where I add extras to add a little more to the $ of the order, and to offer more services that could enhance the customer’s experience.

In my case (voiceovers), that line is something like "please know that I can also matchmy voice to the timing of your reference video for just a small amount more, " or “I noticed you have several sections in your script that look like they could be separated. For a small charge I can send those sections separated so all you have to do is paste them into your video and save a little time and effort.”

Cheers from Cancun!

Andy

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! I will add in.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this informative post. It’s actually good for me. I get some good information from your content.

3 Likes

Very helpful Paul,
I too have similar prewritten text, but this helps a lot and gives me a few more ideas.
Cheers
Mike

4 Likes

Really smart and clever notes.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Those are great and are very professional.

I hesitate to contact potential buyers again after our first conversation since it may be seen as spam so I’m not sure about that last message you send to ask if they still want to order. Fiverr is very strict about that.

6 Likes

Helpful tips :grinning:

1 Like

@Paul, fell in love me to his suggestions. In a word, fantastic!!

1 Like

@paulmaplesden very help full tips thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it depends on context and how interested they were. I certainly don’t send out messages in bulk - if it looked like they were close to buying I would re-contact them with a quick and polite follow-up. Otherwise, I don’t.

3 Likes

It’s spam and against fiverr’s rules. It doesn’t matter how interested they were.

Doing this can cause your account to be banned, or at least have your ability to send messages blocked.

Fiverr doesn’t play around about this. They just do it. It won’t matter to fiverr how you try to justify it.

7 Likes

Can you point me at the specific TOS / policy link please? I don’t want to be going against TOS.

4 Likes

Trust me on this. I don’t want to go through all that but I’m not lying. All it takes is one person reporting you for spam and you will regret doing it. You can read TOS yourself or ask customer support.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update - I have written to my Customer Success Manager to see if the context I am using to send messages (quick two-sentence follow up with previously interested buyers) is allowed under Fiverr TOS.

2 Likes