Fiverr Forum

Super bowl Sunday is upon us!

Who’s watching the game??

Which side are you on??

:football:
:popcorn:

Go PATS!

1 Like

Isn’t this the event where Americans get hyped for hours of commercials?

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much.

And the occasional nip slip.

1 Like

That’s all I needed to know. Long live the super bowl <3

1 Like

Although this year’s halftime show is performed by Justing Timberlake, the national anthem will be sang by Pink.

So there’s something for everyone.

1 Like

Tailgate, backyard, front yard, inside, outside, restaurant:

• Alcohol, chips, dips, bbq, bbq, bbq, bbq, bbq & more bbq
  • Big Screen T.V., hoot& hollar
  • Uber, Taxi, Lyft, - good day to make some $

etc,. etc,. etc.

Off Topic for Jim

Hello, Jim - nice profile picture! Almost didn’t recognize you.

1 Like

Yes, Yawn as far as the game, but whatever PR agency came up with a strategy to make adults all across America have have conversations like this, was brilliant:

Good Game, man that was some Doritos commercial, eh.
Oh,Yeah, but how about that Tide Detergent commercial, really got the dirt out.

#nowords

1 Like

One word: boring.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Since my last pic like 4 years old I thought an update was due. I was anxious the entire day wondering if it’s actually good or not.

…that’s oddly specific. I, on the other hand, want a tide pod commercial.

Unless they’re airing a commercial for a risque adult anime - then it’s not for me.

Sometimes I watch the halftime show, but Justin Timberlake isn’t in the same league as the Stones and Prince.

1 Like

The worst part is that the entire American media buys into this as well. Every radio talk show will take calls from listeners tomorrow asking which was their favorite commercial. Even network TV shows like Good Morning America, etc…this will be discussed ad nauseum.

1 Like

I can make a witty humorous pun but I’ll be honest that’s just depressing.

1 Like

You have no idea. I mean I have lived through heated soccer discussions in Italian, where they play on Sunday and argue about soccer Monday-Saturday. I can understand that more than the ridiculous Madison avenue hype about the Superbowl. Even as NFL viewership is declining at an alarming rate, the media is all in.

You can’t even look at a cuisine website without seeing the landing page devoted to the sacramental foods that you are required to consume while you watch the commercial bowl. (Guacamole and Chicken Wings)

In south Texas, there is a school district that voted years ago to make Monday the day after SB a holiday, deciding instead to make up for it by removing MLK day as a holiday.

1 Like

I remember times when “our team” won, whichever area I was in at the time, and the entire town went insane, honking, shooting guns, like we won a war.

1 Like

The SuperBowl is the US Media’s Christmas. Charge whatever they want prices, know they can sit and watch money roll in as 100 million people obsess over a sport that is basically a boring version of rugby, which is a boring version of soccer as it was invented when some kid was rubbish at soccer and decided to pick up the ball instead.
Oh, and padding to ensure nobody breaks a nail or something…

1 Like

Everyone has been asking me all morning if I’m watching the superbowl.
Such excitement! And apparently I’m not aware of how great Justin is.
I don’t even know or care what teams are playing.

2 Likes

The funny thing is that because the 100 million audience is so huge it dominates everything. I even switched to PBS (public broadcasting TV here) And they are showing a marathon of cooking shows all making guacamole, and chicken wings for the “Big Game”. But that 100 Million is less than a third of the population. Funny that more than 2/3 don’t give a flying fig yet it is so hyped.

Now not picking up the ball seems kinda funny, but that’s me. Is it that you can’t use your hands, or you won’t. I have the same question about River Dance, whats with not using your damned arms? :sunglasses:

All you Justin haters can Cry me a River…

Funny in that the other 5.9 billion people on the planet prefer it that way :smiley:

Just don’t diss Riverdance or we are done Mike

1 Like

Yes, yes it is. But I am not much invested in either so I have no fight for you. I’m busy making guacamole for you. Which comes with many pints.

1 Like