Superstition: Don't kill Spiders

yurymuzlanov

During last 5 years I killed 2 spiders by mistake and lost a lot of money. There is opinion that spiders bring money. I’m very careful now.

After killing the last one my gig was f**ked by the algorithm 2 months ago.

Look after spiders

PS. I don’t mean some dangerous spiders - here are only peacefull ones. Friendly guys…

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a degree in Biology, I made my thesis with bats (5 months working with bats) and they’re my work since then.
I’ve heard people asking “where do bats lie their eggs?” or telling they’ve destroyed their sleeping place because they were “too noisy”, because they’re “ugly” and stuff…
Shame that people still behave like that with any kind of animals, like in the medieval times.
People who believe any kind of animal brings luck, bad luck, are ugly, are useless, has special powers and such, in my own personal and honest opinion are ignorants.
Giving favour/not favour to animals is silly, they all are important.
I have to say this, I cannot read some things and keep my fingers off the keyboard. 😒

I’ve always suffered from arachnophobia & insectophobia, and ever since we started having black widow attacks in our country, I’ve gone on a killing spree - I literally committed insect-genocide.

Just the sight of a small spider on the ceiling gives me the chills.

P.S. I may have killed spiderman, too…

Yes, They are so dangerous. We Just hate them

They are so dangerous. We Just hate them

###1. NO. Spiders in Bangladesh are not dangerous.

###2. Speak for yourself. I for one DO NOT hate spiders.

I don’t kill them either. And since spiders are not the venomous kind otherwise found elsewhere on the planet, I just SHRIEK, if they are big, yell for MOMMY, and she comes and grabs them and gently tosses out the window.

THANK YOU MOMMY! 😍

p.s

When I was in Texas, now THERE’S some nasty spiders there tho… 🕷️

I’ve always suffered from arachnophobia & insectophobia, and ever since we started having black widow attacks in our country, I’ve gone on a killing spree - I literally committed insect-genocide.

Just the sight of a small spider on the ceiling gives me the chills.

P.S. I may have killed spiderman, too…

and ever since we started having black widow attacks in our country, I’ve gone on a killing spree

A black widow bit my father once. It wasn’t nice, to say the least.

I don’t kill them either. And since spiders are not the venomous kind otherwise found elsewhere on the planet, I just SHRIEK, if they are big, yell for MOMMY, and she comes and grabs them and gently tosses out the window.

THANK YOU MOMMY! 😍

p.s

You have no idea how much dangerous are they . They dont have any poison, But Do you know, They can climb your body , nose, ear. Its really disgusting . I am not Afraid Of them , But Its really nasty . Sometimes They just jump on my body from wall. So , Its really bad for me.

may Be , You like it, But I dont like it.

THANK YOU MOMMY! 😍

p.s

Most spiders here (Texas for people other than DJ) are harmless even if they look terrifying. There are just two really dangerous ones, and unfortunately those two can really do some damage. One is the black widow, but we really don’t encounter them often since they are not that common and they are pretty easy to spot as well as identify. I’ve only seen one in my whole life.

The other spider is the one that causes most problems, which is the brown recluse. They aren’t that noticeable or large and they tend to stay underneath things so you don’t see them until it’s too late. If they do bite it is very painful and isn’t usually fatal, but will at least require an emergency room visit and a lot of care. If you don’t treat the bite right away, you can lose the affected limb. As the name implies, though, they are “reclusive” and they mostly live outdoors in piles of firewood or lumber. If you wear heavy gloves or don’t handle things like that, it’s not so likely that you’d ever be bitten.

The rest of the Texas spiders are not a big deal even though I try to avoid touching them. I’m more scared of crickets, which is rather silly, but true.

You have no idea how much dangerous are they . They dont have any poison, But Do you know, They can climb your body , nose, ear. Its really disgusting . I am not Afraid Of them , But Its really nasty . Sometimes They just jump on my body from wall. So , Its really bad for me.

may Be , You like it, But I dont like it.

They can climb your body , nose, ear.

That’s not dangerous. It may be unpleasant or disgusting, but it’s only dangerous for them, not you.

Most spiders here (Texas for people other than DJ) are harmless even if they look terrifying. There are just two really dangerous ones, and unfortunately those two can really do some damage. One is the black widow, but we really don’t encounter them often since they are not that common and they are pretty easy to spot as well as identify. I’ve only seen one in my whole life.

The other spider is the one that causes most problems, which is the brown recluse. They aren’t that noticeable or large and they tend to stay underneath things so you don’t see them until it’s too late. If they do bite it is very painful and isn’t usually fatal, but will at least require an emergency room visit and a lot of care. If you don’t treat the bite right away, you can lose the affected limb. As the name implies, though, they are “reclusive” and they mostly live outdoors in piles of firewood or lumber. If you wear heavy gloves or don’t handle things like that, it’s not so likely that you’d ever be bitten.

The rest of the Texas spiders are not a big deal even though I try to avoid touching them. I’m more scared of crickets, which is rather silly, but true.

brown recluse

OMG, I didn’t know they’re dangerous… it’s like a colony out here 😦

And I’m scared of crickets, too… and any other insect 😃

brown recluse

OMG, I didn’t know they’re dangerous… it’s like a colony out here 😦

And I’m scared of crickets, too… and any other insect 😃

I’m scared of crickets, too… and any other insect

But would you eat them if they are fried or cooked properly?

This is the second superstition thread I have seen here - black cats and now spiders. I have no superstitions as I believe in God and know that He will take care of me, no matter what. That does not mean that nothing bad will ever happen, even if it does, don’t get disheartened by it and work your way out of it. Faith in God does not bring you luck, or prevent bad luck, it is about having the strength and courage to face defeat and setbacks in life with calmness, strength and tranquility, without getting too upset or devastated. It is about not getting too excited with victories or too pleased with success. It is about maintaining your equanimity, regardless of what happens, being detached and accepting things without getting affected by them.

Archived