Fiverr Community Forum

Support is useless like always!

I don’t understand this, how do they cancel an order and let the buyer keep the website I’ve worked on? How do they let them keep my work for free?
I’ve opened a support ticket yesterday, first reply didn’t make sense and wasn’t even an answer to what I asked or a reply to my requests. So I asked again and requested again, only an answer to 1 question and nothing else. I replied and asked more questions. Today I wake up and see they marked it as solved and it wasn’t even solved!!!

Also, since when were URLs part of data importing?

16 Likes

Brother, The best way is Please do not make deal with any buyer whos conversation isn’t fair. Your know some cheater make this happening every time. SO please be careful about your buyer before taking order.
Thank You.

Another best tips is work on template and use short code . hahhahaha

6 Likes

The buyer’s conversation was very fair and friendly. Even while we had the order and finished it the buyer was very happy with it and accepted it while being pleased. Days later the buyer asks me something which l tried explaining that it’s not possible. The buyer also never told me about it either before and while the order was still active

3 Likes

We can’t do anything fiverr always go with the buyer side… Ha :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Exactly, I mentioned that too and they said “it is our role to remain neutral”. If that’s the case, why did you not ask me about the issue before cancelling the order and just went with the buyer, cancelled the order and let them keep the work for free.
If you’re neutral, you should hear from both sides.

4 Likes

That’s the main issue with Fivver. There is a slight lack of general security for the seller and on rare instances, stuff like this happens. Once you get to a top seller rank I believe you get better support because you have proven your value to them. I’m actually surprised that at level two this is the treatment your receiving. I personally don’t deal with Fivver clients If I feel anything “off” about them. With my agency I always take nonrefundable deposits to avoid these kinds of situations however unfortunately Fivver doesn’t support this. For this reason If I get any warning signs or if the client is very new to Fivver (no reviews) and is requesting some huge job I politely turn them away. I take on Fivver tasks for extra side money and the last thing I need is the headache of working on a $500 site that I would charge $2000 for in the real market just for someone to cancel the order after it’s done and scam me

8 Likes

I agree with you but the buyer had some 5 star reviews and was very friendly. I’m sadly going to lose my level 2 because of this unfairness. I’m so annoyed, this is the 3rd time. They even cancelled an order after 6 months because the buyer messed up the PHP code even though I told him not to touch it and I declined fixing it for him for free because I had a lot of orders to deal with.

3 Likes

Yep, this is the dark side of these Gig economies. They are kinda like a deal with the devil. They provide unmatchable/over-the-top customer service using our time and money. At the end of the day, it’s a take it or leave it situation. All of us experienced sellers know the risks and we choose to be on here because generally, we do get paid and make some extra money.

2 Likes

Yeah I always try thinking on the bright side, Fiverr really changed my life and everything, I’m happy. So at the end of the day, if something doesn’t go very well I try to get it solved and if it doesn’t get solved then I guess I’ll have to move on.

3 Likes

Is the buyer still on the platform? If their profile is missing or gone, it could be they decided to do a charge back with PayPal or their bank and Fiverr will close their account. I have had this happen to, but very rarely - someone orders a high priced product and then cancels. Come to find out, they did not do it through Fiverr, they did it through their payment provider, so, Fiverr had no say in it OR Fiverr just doesn’t bother to chase those payments down. It sucks for sure. Is this person’s web site up and running?

GG

2 Likes

Yes, still available and they blocked me. I had this happen once but they clearly mentioned it and didn’t take the money out of my account.
Yes it’s up and running, I asked the buyer to delete it immediately after I saw that the order got cancelled but the buyer blocked me. :confused:

3 Likes

Sounds like they had nefarious intentions to begin with when they ordered. I had a buyer like that who made a big purchase, wanted it in 24 hours and then cancelled - through their card - and blocked me from messaging them to see what the issue was. Their account was gone though soon enough due to their fraud. Problem is, most can come back and probably make new accounts to steal from other sellers.

GG

3 Likes

Wow, I wish Fiverr could at least ban the account I’m dealing with.

3 Likes

Brother, Just leave it and move on. Best wishes for your future order. Always stay alert from this kind of Dark-Minded buyer, They are like poison for your account.
Thank you.

4 Likes

I have to try and solve this, if this can happen now and I move on, the next time it’ll happen then Fiverr support will stay like this and for others too. I’m just furious about Fiverr’s support team.

4 Likes

OMG … Keep fighting for your wright brother.

1 Like

I don’t work with web design and it seems that this is the trickiest niche to be protected in by fiverr.

Can you file a copyright infringement claim with their hosting provider?

4 Likes

That’s a great idea, I’m partnered with the hosting that the buyer has and they know my Fiverr work. Thank you for this great idea :smiley:

5 Likes

And you will just have to show them a screenshot of cancelled order with your client and ask them to take down their website as they are infringing your copyrights by using your website without paying

4 Likes

Yup, and thankfully in the footer I have “Site made by A7U”!

2 Likes