Suspended because Fiverr won't recognise my passport?!

joewest1802

I’m starting to see why Fiverr has such an abysmal reputation for sellers now.

I’ve been asked to verify my account, I’ve uploaded perfectly clear shots of my passport three times and they keep rejecting it.

Now they tell me my account is suspended for multiple failed attempts.

Question one: Is my hard earned good rankings going to suffer now as a result of this suspension?

Question two: Is this something Fiverr does to try and swindle sellers out of their earnings?

Question three: If they kick me off the site, will they try and keep my earnings?

Oh, I didn’t realise Fiverr is a bank…

No, it is a multimillion dollar company with every breathing person under the Sun trying to start account and be logo designer with Paint and video editor Windows movie maker. And if possible, two three or more accounts.

Other freelancing sites are asking you to do live ion camera interview to verify ID as well.

And, regardless of all of that, One is coincidence, two is problem. For third attempt in business environment in anything you must be 98% sure it will work before attempting.

That is life. Not just Fiverr.

Question one: Is my hard earned good rankings going to suffer now as a result of this suspension?

I can’t answer this question, I’m afraid. I’m not sure any regular user can. Fiverr’s algorithm isn’t fully understood.

Question two: Is this something Fiverr does to try and swindle sellers out of their earnings?

There doesn’t seem to be any real evidence to suggest this is the case. Most people verify themselves with ease. A few struggle, but are often able to sort the issue out, usually after chatting with Support.

Problems with verification are typically due to issues on the user’s end or with Fiverr’s verification software.

Question three: If they kick me off the site, will they try and keep my earnings?

If your account is suspended permanently, you’ll be able to withdraw your funds after 90 days.

Good luck sorting this problem out!

I’m in agreement with most of the feedback you are getting.

If it’s an issue with Fiverr CS, take it up with Fiverr CS.

I also appreciate the tight verification system.

Sure, it may not be perfect, but you have to remember that they are protecting freelancers along with themselves and once you “get in” you’ll be fine.

The same thing happened with me when I tried to verify…
Eventually fiverr is strict about verifying someone(its a much needed a thing cause there are people who are trying to fake country)

I would recommend you to just contact support in 24 hours you should able to verify again…
in my case the 4th try didn’t have any issue!
In that period my gigs paused after I verified gig ranking was there as before if I guess:)

Archived