Suspicious offer

helioshammer

Didn’t you ask about this earlier? No one can guarantee you Patreon followers. Think about it logically for a second… If they could do that, why wouldn’t they just make a Patreon themselves and not be on Fiverr where they only have 3 reviews. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, It is also against Fiverr’s Community Standards to offer services that promise outcomes that a seller cannot control.

Didn’t you ask about this earlier? No one can guarantee you Patreon followers. Think about it logically for a second… If they could do that, why wouldn’t they just make a Patreon themselves and not be on Fiverr where they only have 3 reviews. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, It is also against Fiverr’s Community Standards to offer services that promise outcomes that a seller cannot control.

@vibronx, I’m fully aware of that. Noone makes 20 patrons from a $20-50 budget.

However, as a buyer how do I measure the impact of the service I bought? The result of a exposure / marketing campaign are conversions (subscribers in this case) or at leas leads.

Those sellers need to guarantee results (conversions, leads or even just impressions), because if they don’t, how can I be sure they ever made the service?

I’m giving them money, but I don’t know what I’m buying 😃

Oh, and I’m pretty sure they don’t make exposures for 400 million people for a $30 budget, regardless of the guaranteed leads and conversions.

Why these GIGs even exists?

Why aren’t those sellers verified?

I do not know if you were the person yesterday complaining about buying this type of service where they “guaranteed” 20 subscribers (paying patrons) and got NONE and wanted to know how to get a refund!

First off, as @vibronx mentioned, this type of Gig is NOT allowed here - YES, I know, if it is not allowed, how on earth did it get in the listings? Well, Fiverr cannot comb through the literally 1000’s of new Gigs put up daily. Either buyer’s of these snake oil type of Gigs need to report them OR other sellers who come across them.

I would NOT buy a Gig like this. More often than not, you will be disappointed. Most would either be pressured into giving a 5 star review or completing the order (so the seller gets paid) and I don’t know if they give a time frame for when you should expect those 20 patrons - but, I bet it goes beyond the 10 day to leave feedback time frame here. So, most buyers of this nonsense are going to chalk it up as $20 or $30 and move along, learning a lesson (hopefully) to not buy this sort of thing.

GG

I just got this offer, should I accept it?

She guarantees 20 patron subscribers to my patreon page.

I just got this offer, should I accept it?

When you say the above, did you put a Buyer’s Request to have someone get you Patreon subscribers? OR, did this seller message you out of the blue?

Also, the pic of the “seller” looks FAKE as heck - nice good looking Instagram model type - and look at the feedback rating - 4.2? Ugh, hard pass here.

If this seller messaged you out of nowhere (even IF you put a Buyer’s Request in) instead of just replying to your BR that is against the TOS and how to use the BR too. I cannot tell from your screen shot.

I would say though, with the FAKE profile pic and saying they speak basic English, oh wait, I cannot mention what country I think they are from. Never mind, but I am sure most reading this know what I may be referring to. Also, using this FAKE pic, this should already send up red flags - if you cannot be honest about who you are or what you look like (I am not talking about those who use logos for profile pics), then what else are they lying about?

I doubt this is a SHE at all. 😆

GG

Think about it logically for a second… If they could do that, why wouldn’t they just make a Patreon themselves and not be on Fiverr where they only have 3 reviews. It makes no sense whatsoever.

This.

Everything has been said

I do not know if you were the person yesterday complaining about buying this type of service where they “guaranteed” 20 subscribers (paying patrons) and got NONE and wanted to know how to get a refund!

First off, as @vibronx mentioned, this type of Gig is NOT allowed here - YES, I know, if it is not allowed, how on earth did it get in the listings? Well, Fiverr cannot comb through the literally 1000’s of new Gigs put up daily. Either buyer’s of these snake oil type of Gigs need to report them OR other sellers who come across them.

I would NOT buy a Gig like this. More often than not, you will be disappointed. Most would either be pressured into giving a 5 star review or completing the order (so the seller gets paid) and I don’t know if they give a time frame for when you should expect those 20 patrons - but, I bet it goes beyond the 10 day to leave feedback time frame here. So, most buyers of this nonsense are going to chalk it up as $20 or $30 and move along, learning a lesson (hopefully) to not buy this sort of thing.

GG

@genuineguidance, yes I’m the same person from yesterday complain.

I agree with all, but I just don’t understand some points here:

1. These GIGs are not new, they’re 2 month old with 5 star reviews. That being said:
  • How did they manage do get 5 stars (not 1-2 from friends, but 10-12)?
  • Other buyers did not reported these GIGs?
  • If they got reported, why doesn’t Fiverr act in a second? These scams damage their own business!
  1. I tested like 10 GIGs from 10 different buyers (top-rated, first page GIGs), spoke with all of them, and 8 of 10 guarantees something. It’s a mass-problem, not just rare cases - at least in the Digital Marketing section.

2. Why Fiverr cannot comb through these GIGs?

• Solution 1: an AI algorithm throws out GIGs or offers containing suspicious keywords or paired keywords like “guaranteed subscribers”, “promote to 450 million”, etc. I can write that code in 2 hours, so can they I suppose…
  • Solution 2: hire a person who buys these GIGs, a.k.a. test-buyer. Fiverr makes more than 20% from an order, I’m sure that’s not a big money to spend.
  1. There is a dual problem: sellers are sneaky, yes, but buyers endure this kind of behavior too. It’s easier to hit the “Accept delivery” and go along losing $20 (which is in fact 2 good beers for a US buyer, but a day of living for a seller in Nigeria), instead of opening a dispute.

Buyers, it’s not about the $20, it’s about the upcoming 10 buyer, which will suffer the same as you!

So, no, I refuse to chalk it up and move along!

Those sellers needs to be reviewed and stopped, today!

Period.

GG

Well, Fiverr cannot comb through the literally 1000’s of new Gigs put up daily. Either buyer’s of these snake oil type of Gigs need to report them OR other sellers who come across them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@genuineguidance, yes I’m the same person from yesterday complain.

I agree with all, but I just don’t understand some points here:

1. These GIGs are not new, they’re 2 month old with 5 star reviews. That being said:
  • How did they manage do get 5 stars (not 1-2 from friends, but 10-12)?
  • Other buyers did not reported these GIGs?
  • If they got reported, why doesn’t Fiverr act in a second? These scams damage their own business!
  1. I tested like 10 GIGs from 10 different buyers (top-rated, first page GIGs), spoke with all of them, and 8 of 10 guarantees something. It’s a mass-problem, not just rare cases - at least in the Digital Marketing section.

2. Why Fiverr cannot comb through these GIGs?

• Solution 1: an AI algorithm throws out GIGs or offers containing suspicious keywords or paired keywords like “guaranteed subscribers”, “promote to 450 million”, etc. I can write that code in 2 hours, so can they I suppose…
  • Solution 2: hire a person who buys these GIGs, a.k.a. test-buyer. Fiverr makes more than 20% from an order, I’m sure that’s not a big money to spend.
  1. There is a dual problem: sellers are sneaky, yes, but buyers endure this kind of behavior too. It’s easier to hit the “Accept delivery” and go along losing $20 (which is in fact 2 good beers for a US buyer, but a day of living for a seller in Nigeria), instead of opening a dispute.

Buyers, it’s not about the $20, it’s about the upcoming 10 buyer, which will suffer the same as you!

Those sellers needs to be reviewed and stopped, today!

Period.

they’re -2 month old with 5 star reviews.

2 months IS new. At least new enough that the Fiverr staff may have not been alerted of them yet or maybe no one has complained - see my point above where one may just chalk up their $20 or $30 as a loss and a lesson in “if it is too good to be true, it probably IS”.

How did they manage do get 5 stars (not 1-2 from friends, but 10-12)?

Well, as surprising as it may seem, there is actually a Facebook group where these trolls gather and buy each other’s Gigs and give 5 stars

IF that is not the case, my other point mentioned above applies in that the seller may have asked them to give a 5 star review before they saw results OR the 10 days came and went, the order closed (and perhaps their Gig states it takes a month(?) to see subscribers, and the buyer just rated 5 stars or was not able to rate due to the 10 day limit and the period to see results extends over the 10 day review period.

Other buyers did not reported these GIGs?

See above - people have to actually take time to report and the buyers (if they were even REAL - see my Facebook comment) and some buyers may just chalk it up as a loss and move on.

If they got reported, why doesn’t Fiverr act in a second? These scams damage their own business!

I agree with you there. Maybe these Gigs have not been brought to Fiverr’s attention. I am sure if you have a few hours on your hands, you could take on that task?

I tested like 10 GIGs from 10 different buyers (top-rated, first page GIGs), spoke with all of them, and 8 of 10 guarantees something . It’s a mass-problem, not just rare cases - at least in the Digital Marketing section.

Whenever a NEW seller comes to the forums and asks for their Gig to be critiqued and they have the “100% Satisfaction”, “100% Money Back Guarantee” stuff, we always discourage this. One CANNOT guarantee 100% of the time, and this just invites the seller to get abused and get cancellations. Obviously, these sellers are LYING if they guarantee they will get you 20 subscribers. I have a few You Tube artists I like to learn from, and most of them have Patreon pages - I have NOT subscribed to any of them. I have even seen many close their Patreon because it just isn’t sustainable.

Then I suggest that if it bothers you as much as it seems to (and I totally GET it!) then go through these listings and report all of them! If you want action taken, sometimes you have to be the one who takes that first step.

GG

Not to mention the seller in question is not allowed to self-promote like this… So it’s all kinds of wrong.

they’re -2 month old with 5 star reviews.

2 months IS new. At least new enough that the Fiverr staff may have not been alerted of them yet or maybe no one has complained - see my point above where one may just chalk up their $20 or $30 as a loss and a lesson in “if it is too good to be true, it probably IS”.

How did they manage do get 5 stars (not 1-2 from friends, but 10-12)?

Well, as surprising as it may seem, there is actually a Facebook group where these trolls gather and buy each other’s Gigs and give 5 stars

IF that is not the case, my other point mentioned above applies in that the seller may have asked them to give a 5 star review before they saw results OR the 10 days came and went, the order closed (and perhaps their Gig states it takes a month(?) to see subscribers, and the buyer just rated 5 stars or was not able to rate due to the 10 day limit and the period to see results extends over the 10 day review period.

Other buyers did not reported these GIGs?

See above - people have to actually take time to report and the buyers (if they were even REAL - see my Facebook comment) and some buyers may just chalk it up as a loss and move on.

If they got reported, why doesn’t Fiverr act in a second? These scams damage their own business!

I agree with you there. Maybe these Gigs have not been brought to Fiverr’s attention. I am sure if you have a few hours on your hands, you could take on that task?

I tested like 10 GIGs from 10 different buyers (top-rated, first page GIGs), spoke with all of them, and 8 of 10 guarantees something . It’s a mass-problem, not just rare cases - at least in the Digital Marketing section.

Whenever a NEW seller comes to the forums and asks for their Gig to be critiqued and they have the “100% Satisfaction”, “100% Money Back Guarantee” stuff, we always discourage this. One CANNOT guarantee 100% of the time, and this just invites the seller to get abused and get cancellations. Obviously, these sellers are LYING if they guarantee they will get you 20 subscribers. I have a few You Tube artists I like to learn from, and most of them have Patreon pages - I have NOT subscribed to any of them. I have even seen many close their Patreon because it just isn’t sustainable.

Then I suggest that if it bothers you as much as it seems to (and I totally GET it!) then go through these listings and report all of them! If you want action taken, sometimes you have to be the one who takes that first step.

GG

@genuineguidance I agree with all, regardless how bizarre and dark is this situation.

I understand the sellers (they need money, so they make however they can),

I understand the buyer (they don’t have time for reporting),

BUT I don’t understand Fiverr.

I’m not the person who needs to go along and do the “cop job”. It bothers me a lot, but I don’t have time for this. It’s their business, it’s their duty. That’s why we pay them that commission fee, that’s why we trust Fiverr. Isn’t that a fair request?

@genuineguidance I agree with all, regardless how bizarre and dark is this situation.

I understand the sellers (they need money, so they make however they can),

I understand the buyer (they don’t have time for reporting),

BUT I don’t understand Fiverr.

I’m not the person who needs to go along and do the “cop job”. It bothers me a lot, but I don’t have time for this. It’s their business, it’s their duty. That’s why we pay them that commission fee, that’s why we trust Fiverr. Isn’t that a fair request?

I’m not the person who needs to go along and do the “cop job”.

Ok. Then, unfortunately, you join the many others who either bought these snake oil Gigs and just moved on hoping someone else would report them OR saw these Gigs for what they are - against the TOS and thought, “Wow, those are really BAD for the site, I hope someone reports them!”

The above is sort of like people who witness a street brawl and instead of calling 911 or trying to break up the fight (not that I would suggest that in this day and age) - take out their phone and just video it and upload it to their social media.

It bothers me a lot, but I don’t have time for this. I

Then, it will continue to bother you when you see these Gigs.

It’s their business, it’s their duty.

While that may be so, Fiverr has enough trouble answering customer service tickets in a reasonable amount of time. So, you really think they are going to go hire someone or people to police all the listings? Nope, I bet it ain’t happening!

That’s why we pay them that commission fee

No. We do NOT pay a commission fee so Fiverr can hire security to man the door. We pay a commission because we are essentially “renting space” on their site to hawk our wares.

that’s why we trust Fiverr.

I trust very few people. Why would you trust a corporation who’s main goal is to make money? Think about it.

GG

I’m not the person who needs to go along and do the “cop job”.

Ok. Then, unfortunately, you join the many others who either bought these snake oil Gigs and just moved on hoping someone else would report them OR saw these Gigs for what they are - against the TOS and thought, “Wow, those are really BAD for the site, I hope someone reports them!”

The above is sort of like people who witness a street brawl and instead of calling 911 or trying to break up the fight (not that I would suggest that in this day and age) - take out their phone and just video it and upload it to their social media.

It bothers me a lot, but I don’t have time for this. I

Then, it will continue to bother you when you see these Gigs.

It’s their business, it’s their duty.

While that may be so, Fiverr has enough trouble answering customer service tickets in a reasonable amount of time. So, you really think they are going to go hire someone or people to police all the listings? Nope, I bet it ain’t happening!

That’s why we pay them that commission fee

No. We do NOT pay a commission fee so Fiverr can hire security to man the door. We pay a commission because we are essentially “renting space” on their site to hawk our wares.

that’s why we trust Fiverr.

I trust very few people. Why would you trust a corporation who’s main goal is to make money? Think about it.

GG

No, I reported both yesterday’s order, both today’s offer I got. I’ll just deny to walk through all the GIGs in this category, simply because it’d be days to do that.

Customer service = putting a bandage on a wound. But why doesn’t they prevent being wounded? 🙂

I have a theory: because if they police through the 1000 GIG in Digital Marketing, they’ll end up with 20 only? It’s a loss of content, sellers, interested buyers? Maybe…

A renting space, a.k.a public market is a thieves’ lair without security / authority who forces both sellers and buyers to obey the rules.

Did you ever went on a physical market without a security person?

We DO pay them for this security I assume.

Because they state that buying here is safe and secure (link).

There are businesses around the world which makes big money and guarantees buyers satisfaction.

favicon-32x32.png.0d5c397527b4cecb21cdf26f3a123654.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.c3817ad05628c027c52a27b88d50f278.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

No, I reported both yesterday’s order, both today’s offer I got. I’ll just deny to walk through all the GIGs in this category, simply because it’d be days to do that.

Customer service = putting a bandage on a wound. But why doesn’t they prevent being wounded? 🙂

I have a theory: because if they police through the 1000 GIG in Digital Marketing, they’ll end up with 20 only? It’s a loss of content, sellers, interested buyers? Maybe…

A renting space, a.k.a public market is a thieves’ lair without security / authority who forces both sellers and buyers to obey the rules.

Did you ever went on a physical market without a security person?

We DO pay them for this security I assume.

There are businesses around the world which makes big money and guarantees buyers satisfaction.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

And… these Gigs also promise 20 paying subscribers too. I can guarantee anything. Doesn’t make it true.

GG

Archived