Fiverr Forum

Ta-daaaa. Back to 100% Rating. Here's How You Do It

It sucks getting a thumbs DOWN rating from a Buyer who didn’t read your gigs. Or they just had a bad day and decided to take it out on YOU with a thumbs down rating.

I received my first THUMBS down from a Buyer and it kinda bummed me out. But I did not tell the Buyer he was a “bozo” nor did I get mad. I waited a few days, then responded if I could do another one for him, cancel the $5 order and I’d do it for free.

I did not ASK to reverse the Thumbs down rating.

Two days later, he responds and says, YES. So I bust my butt that Saturday and deliver an extra good 2-pages of sales copy. He loved it.

I asked if he’d mind taking my RATING off and he said he tried but the link was missing. NOTE FOR NEWBIES: Your SELLER only gets a limited time in which he / she can change their rating or remove it. So since he said YES he’d delete it, I did a screen grab of this, sent it to the Fiverr Editors on a support ticket.

I get to my iMac the next morning expecting to see 99% rating and I was pleased.

It was BACK! 100% !!! YAY. It works.

Below are some GOOD TIPS on what TO DO and what NOT TO DO when dealing with a Buyer that gave you a bad rating (assuming you did not deserve to be spanked, of course.)

HERE is what DO NOT DO:

DO NOT: Tell the Buyer he did not read your gigs, properly.

DO NOT: Tell the Buyer he failed to give you enough information, or was at the last minute, etc.

DO NOT: Inflame the situation at all. Trust me, just suck it up. Be nice to them anyway at all costs.

DO: Take a minute to breathe. Step away from your computer and go to the kitchen and get yourself a coffee, hot chocolate or Ovaltine. (whatever makes you happy)

DO: Send a short, but respectful note to your Buyer. Ask them what was it about your work they did not like? ask them if you can do a make-over if they can point out the one or two trouble areas they did not like.

DO: (Use this as a last resort for really stubborn Buyers) OFFER a refund to the Buyer and apologize and ask if the refund would allow them to change their BAD rating of you to just being removed?

IF you get into a deal like mine, then get a SCREEN grab of the Buyer saying they will remove the comment / rating and send that into Fiverr with a copy, and be sure to list your JOB #, on the ticket, too.

Be polite and ask Fiverr to remove mark, and you’re done.

A cool, easy to do, Reputation Management 101 Tip from the original Bartman. (vpix360)

You can eliminate the screenshot. Fiverr admin’s have access to your messages anyway. Done this tactic numerous times! Sadly if you leave it too long (which I did) you need to regain permission to have the negative feedback removed. I’ll get back up to 100% again, but it will take a lot more orders now.

Ryan