Fiverr Forum

Take a Test, Earn Trust!

Great initiative! We now can show our actual skills to the buyers to impress them more.

How many test companies were evaluated before settling on Expert Rating Inc.?

but it is not showing on my profile???

Great opportunity to show our skills. Thanks to Fiverr

I’ve been looking at a few tests, you can click them to see what they are about and how long they take and saw ones ranging from 35 to 60 minutes.

When I went back to one that said 40 minutes which I wanted to take, I got an “errorld 301 test already taken” (don’t remember the number and exact wording but it was “errorld” and told me I’d already taken the test or ticket or something like that).

Just as a heads-up, if you first want to look at the test (not the actual question ofc but just to see if it relates to your skills and how long) and later come back to take it, you may be out of luck, just looking at the test syllabus and required/allowed time apparently either counts as “test taken” or it’s a bug. I’ll wait a few days and then try to remember which test it was to see if I can take it then, or not at all anymore in case of a bug.

To be clear, I’m aware that it says you only can take a test one time and then can take it again only after 24 (?) hours but I had not taken the test, not clicked the “Start Test” button, but only looked at what the test was about and how much time I need to reserve to take it.

Great way to add some credibility.

I spent 7 to 10 minutes on each test I took. The exception was the AP Style text, which was too long, I ended up quitting that one after 10 minutes. Fiverr gives you 40 minutes because some people really like to take their time, mark up questions for later, etc. Me? I’m in a hurry, always.

As for the AP Test, Fiverr needs to realize that we’re not taking the SAT’s here. There’s got to be a way to test proofreading ability without a test that takes a long time to complete.

So are the tests being enabled for users in a particular order? Does it depend on what categories someone has gigs in or what level they are (eg. are all people who have gigs in the writing/translation categories having the tests enabled first and/or those who are on the higher levels having the tests enabled first)?

Yes! So far I’ve taken (3) tests. I was bored so I decided to give it a shot!

• English Spelling
  • English Vocabulary (US)
  • English Language

Passed all (3) on the first try. :white_check_mark:

Also, you’ll get a warning if you try to navigate from the testing window.

Has this been rolled out to everybody? I dont see it on my profile.

Great, I should look for it!

I think this is best idea of Fiverr “Earn Trust”. A good way to separate the chaff from the grains. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

wow it will grate to test our skills :heart_eyes:

Actually, there is a test for the seller in the marketplace and many people will be able to learn a lot from this exam and those who can not do anything, if they fail to test, then they can dominate the next time…
Thanks a lot Fiverr

just wait and see…

Yuppie i have got 7.0 in SEO among top 10 %

Congratulations! It’s not professional to be shirtless here btw.

Am blushing right now.

I took the WordPress test just to see what’s all this fuzz about.
Well, now I get it :smiley:

For example, one of the questions was what were the minimum requirements for WP 4.1.
Seriously? Who gives a damn? It was released in 2014 and even if it was right now 2014, then what does it show to know this info by heart?

And if you try to look it up like any developer would do, then you get a warning for moving away from the test window :smiley:

I got a pretty decent score because I started using WP in 2013, but it was difficult to remember how limited WP 4.1 was back in 2014 :stuck_out_tongue: A lot of it was guessing and hoping the core hasn’t changed that much during 4 years.

I did the adobe indesign test but gave up when most of the questions coming up were about keyboard shortcuts.