Take a Test, Earn Trust!

mjensen415

Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to announce a new feature for sellers. As part of our ongoing efforts to increase overall marketplace quality, we will begin offering the opportunity to take skills tests to verify seller skills. Skills tests will not be mandatory, but are an opportunity to increase buyer trust by proving your skills in the subcategories in which you offer services.

We’ve been rolling out the skills tests in the Translation subcategory over the past few weeks, but starting today, a small sample of sellers will be able to test in over 400+ skills! We will be gradually opening up this feature to all sellers over the coming weeks.

Once your account is active with the skills test feature, it’s easy to get started:

To take a skill test:

1. Go to fiverr.com/my_profile
  2. In your profile card, click Take Tests on the left pane.
  3. Select a Skill Test to take.

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/taking-a-skill-test

Again, you do not have to take these tests. They are 100% optional. However, taking a test is a great way to prove your aptitude and earn a new buyers’ trust—and to keep your skills sharp!

As a seller, you have the option to show or hide your score to Fiverr buyers. Should you choose to share your skill test results, users will see various details such as your score, time spent, results by topic, and more.

sidebar.thumb.jpg.39f387903e93ba3fcf36dfcbe3aa12d0.jpg

If you don’t pass the test the first time, don’t panic! You can retake the test after 24 hours and up to two times in a 3-month period. Hopefully taking the test provides an opportunity to brush up on your skills and continue to hone your expertise.

modal.thumb.jpg.c5ffa7557e9bfd66e3026d40ff688ba7.jpg

Have questions about the skills test? Please leave a comment below.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why I have a strong feeling that these exams will cost money in the near future? Or maybe it will be used in the promotion process.

Beside, users can let their professional friends to do these tests on their behalf, or even they can buy “applying test” service for $5 on other platforms. My question is, how can you control that?

Beside, users can let their professional friends to do these tests on their behalf, or even they can buy “applying test” service for $5 on other platforms. My question is, how can you control that?

Of course, there are always bad apples out there that will try to scam and cheat the tests. There are precautions built into the test platform to help minimize those who would look to cheat the test. Clearly, there are ways around it, but then a seller would be violating our Terms of Service, thus compromising their account.

These tests are 100% free.

So once the feature is rolled out to everyone (I don’t have it yet), will we only be able to take tests in the categories in which we have gigs, and if so, why can’t we do the tests in any of the categories where there are tests? That way it would help us decide whether to create a gig in a category we don’t currently have a gig in (it would help show which categories we are best at even if we don’t have a gig in those categories yet).

On 9/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, ahmwritingco said:

Lol, or maybe you have to recite them on s***e to a stern old lady. If the lyrics don’t make her tap her feet to the beat, you fail.

I stitch words in a pattern so ill and clever,

I got it sewn like Grandma knitting me a sweater,

(stitch, pattern, sewn, knit)

#GrandmaBarsIsSomethingSheGottaDealWit

On 9/6/2018 at 1:53 AM, chrisdata said:

As we all foresaw, fiverr become more like its competitor freelancing site.

Next move I guess will be ‘bid’ or need to write proposal for an order? Let’s see.

fiverr had a unique business module by which everyone likes and getting works on fiverr and that was i think a big success of fiverr… they differentiate fiverr from other freelancer sites but now gradually they are trying to copy other freelancer sites and make the same rules which is not good…

Question from me:

Great feature, I was curious to try it. But I was unsuccessful and disappointed… There are a lot of things I’ve never heard of. I am After Effects freelancer and I think that AE section should be seperated. There are several kinds of work After Effects can be used for. But all of them are mingled into one.

Can there be separated tests for After Effects, depending on how your work in it?

Here is how I imagine it:

After Effects Tests:

• Video editing
  • Effects & Presets
  • Animation
  • Audio
  • Interface

Can that be applied in Fiverr Tests? The same for other programs or online wesite building platforms. I know, it will be a hard task, there are so many services:

2018-09-06_14h05_02.gif.92d007c4850746c0b8a02b95128db213.gif

Great work till now! I will appreciate any improvements much!

Thanks!

On 9/6/2018 at 6:05 AM, insects44 said:

Question from me:

Great feature, I was curious to try it. But I was unsuccessful and disappointed… There are a lot of things I’ve never heard of. I am After Effects freelancer and I think that AE section should be seperated. There are several kinds of work After Effects can be used for. But all of them are mingled into one.

Can there be separated tests for After Effects, depending on how your work in it?

Here is how I imagine it:

After Effects Tests:

• Video editing

• Effects & Presets

• Animation

• Audio

• Interface

Can that be applied in Fiverr Tests? The same for other programs or online wesite building platforms. I know, it will be a hard task, there are so many services:

Great work till now! I will appreciate any improvements much!

Thanks!

I’m not sure they have any control over what is in the tests since they seem to use a different company/site for the tests.The tests also seem a bit focused on particular programs too.

At least you were able to try it and if you aren’t successful on any tests you are still able to re-do the test up to 3 times in a 3 month period.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:11 AM, uk1000 said:

At least you were able to try it and if you aren’t successful on any tests you are still able to re-do the test up to 3 times in a 3 month period.

@uk1000, I think I actually agree with that. First, you will totally forget questions and won’t be able to know what you will expect. And it’s so with other platforms too. 😉 

@uk1000, I think I actually agree with that. First, you will totally forget questions and won’t be able to know what you will expect. And it’s so with other platforms too. 😉

If you did remember questions at least you’d be increasing your knowledge each time you took the test. I assume the position of the answers are randomized in the list to reduce the chance of cheating. In theory, having a list of a lot more questions than actually show up in the test should help keep the test fair too, eg. it could pick a certain amount of questions randomly (or as many as you can do) from a huge amount of questions (more than anyone could do).

These are 2 comments posted about a month ago here Test your skills on Fiverr and show the results on your profile (Beta)

@stefficolbert
I have noticed some bugs during the English to German test. It gave me 5 wrong answers to pick from,

@carineb
I have noticed the same issue for the french test.

I’m also offering translation services and it won’t make me happy to be the one to confirm these comments through the English to Spanish test.

Moreover, in the same thread @carineb posted the image referring to the instructions, being the first one, that there could be more than one correct answer. Now, as seen through @mjensen415 post, the translation skill test relates, among others, to verbs, articles and verb tenses.

Can anyone please tell me how on earth a translation regarding verb tenses or articles - just to mention these 2 - can have more than one correct answer? 🤨

Since the day Fiverr made the test available for me I have been thinking whether to take it or not… and the more I think about it, the less I like it 😏

I never cared for skills tests and the last skill tests I took related to my actual discipline did not test my skill but my knowledge of a program that I used of which a majority of the features I never used before. The only test that seemed close to relevant was my knowledge of English and grammar. Still don’t like the idea of tests to determine one’s proficiency within a particular discipline.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:16 AM, maitasun said:

Since the day Fiverr made the test available for me I have been thinking whether to take it or not… and the more I think about it, the less I like it 😏

We shouldn’t care and buyer never care, actually nobody give a F about this little test, no benefit to buyer or seller. I have no idea why they always doing this kind of new feature which benefit less than 1% of the users on the platform.

Do something or at least fix your bugs, turning to the right direction is more importrant then copying competitors platform idea and tell yoru user: “Hey! We got that too now, let’s have a try and we sure you’ll like it”.

Thanks but no thanks.

Why not 'Hey, we have new payment partner or we can clear your payment is less than 3 days with NO CHARGEBACK Possible because we are big enough to bargain with PP now."

That kind of feature I want to see fiverr giving.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:16 AM, topaz_muse said:

The only test that seemed close to relevant was my knowledge of English and grammar. 

Well, that’s why I’m asking and as I said above, just mentioning 2 examples.

There’s only one correct answer to translate “I have been working all day long” and “They have been working all day long”, and that would be “He estado trabajando todo el día” and “Han estado trabajando todo el día”. There’s no other way! You can omit the subject - in Spanish the subject can be tacit - but the verb tense is just one!

The same is true for articles. “The pencils are green” and “The pencil is red” can only be translated as “Los lápices son verdes” and “El lápiz es rojo”.

On 9/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, chrisdata said:

Do something or at least fix your bugs, turning to the right direction is more importrant then copying competitors platform idea and tell yoru user: “Hey! We got that too now, let’s have a try and we sure you’ll like it”.

That kind of feature I want to see fiverr giving.

I would also like to see this kind of improvements. There are more important issues to be solved rather than rolling out beta skill tests… :roll_eyes:

I’ve just read that a Pro seller has failed one of these tests due to (apparently) long-standing problems like incorrect answer choices with the test provider.

On this note, it seems that to earn seller and buyer trust, Fiverr has:

• Not researched the best test provider to use on the site
  • Thrown money arising from seller commission and buyer fees on a service with known flaws
  • Decided to give itself a pat on the back for the trouble while ignoring the herd of elephant sized bugs stomping round everywhere.

If Fiverr was one of its own sellers that would be a 1-star review.

Also, if buyers don’t read gig descriptions, what makes anyone think that they are going to read test scores?

Hint: Buyers like reviews, an easy to use UI, low fees, and shopping carts. It’s not rocket science.

Archived