Temp. Forum Issues Fix/Solution! (READ Me!)

djgodknows

ms-fix-it.png.408a99d0ce3990d87fec267d05ff8006.png

The current issue we are all facing is we cannot read beyond page 1 of any thread. So let’s cut to the chase.
THE TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

On any thread that goes beyond page 1, do the following:
copy the code &paged=2 and
replace the code page/2 with it.

For e.g:
http://forum.fiverr.com/?topic=fiverr-is-not-the-lotterypage/2
replace page/2 with &paged=2
and subsequently, change the number at the end to get to the respective page number.

Cheers!

Thanks for this, @DJ. Earlier I couldn’t sticky it because that was not working right, but now I’ll put it at the top since it may be the best solution for the moment. Do you mind if I copy the content (attributed to you) for the Community section where it can be easily seen?

Ah, very nice, DJ…
And a hard pill to swallow maybe for everyone, but time goes on and so does forum software, it´s probably time to switch. Maybe there´s a forum software with auto-detection for posts that don´t belong in a thread at all? 😉

Oh, someone implemented that code already, the post is gone…or it probably rather was one of the mod/admin forum magicians…

That is a good suggestion. The only potential problem maybe that it ‘might’ cause a problem in certain browsers or mobile devices. The infinite scrolling code has compatibility issues. It is difficult for search engines to read and index, it makes it difficult to track analytics and user behavior (like page spent on a particular page). This is probably why they removed it in the first place. The numbered paging system is actually good, but it’s no good if the site itself remains down.

Archived