Fiverr Forum

Temporarily Suspend 24 Hour Deliveries

I think it would be great to add one button for Sellers that would trigger the suspension of the 24 hours deliver feature on all gigs. I’m thinking it would be similar to the Out-Of-Office/Vacation button, but instead of temporarily suspending all gigs it would just affect the 24 Hour Delivery Gig Extra.

This would be great for those of us who plan a day of activities. It never fails I get so many questions from Buyers about my gig extras but no one ever asks if it’s ok to order the 24-hour delivery :grinning:

It’s just… Boom! … there it is!

7 Likes

For my main gig, I simply disabled 24 hour delivery altogether and state in the description that it’s available upon request. That way I can avoid the surprise slap in the face; I’m guaranteed more of a heads up.

You could solve this quite easily by not offering 24-hour delivery. :wink:

3 Likes

I have wished I could take advantage of the 24h delivery filter when I’m free, but I’m always afraid the moment I offer it for a single day, my (ill) Dad will have a fall and I’ll be able to contact a buyer but possibly not in time to get an extension. I don’t know about a disable button, but I do wish there was something in between. Even having filters go from 24h to 2 days to 3 days might help with really panicky buyers who would have more sellers to choose from with a 2 day filter or maybe a 36hr filter. Something like that… (Rambling now - good night!)

3 Likes

I think that would be an interesting feature for people who have like 15-20 gigs or so. Imagine the need to disable the 24-hour ExtraFast on each & every gig because of some real life problem that would prevent a seller from delivering that fast any longer - it would take so much time to do that on each gig!

I found myself in situations where I had problems that would prevent me from offering 24-hour deliveries, but where I could still do the regular 3-day deliveries, and I had to go through each gig to disable those ExtraFasts, which was annoying with the handful of gigs I have, so I imagine how it is for those who have 15-20 gigs :scream:

2 Likes

I don’t know the disabling 24 hours features but you do have the option to set the delivery time manually on your gig.

Yes I’m well aware that I could do it manually. Not as easy as it sounds when you make the decision and all you have is your smartphone. So a quick disabling of the feature would be awesome.

I feel that if I permanently remove the 24 hour delivery option it will give my competitors an advantage. There’s that new note that pops up on searches that reads “Get it by Tomorrow, Jun 4” - So I’m always walking a fine line between personal family time and freelance business time.

1 Like

I’ve placed a message in my gig description requesting that buyers contact me before ordering, and about 90% of them have been compliant.

I’ve conceded that most successful sellers here lack a healthy work/life balance :smile: When you wake up in the middle of the night to answer messages, you know you have a problem.

2 Likes

I really like this idea. I’m going to try it - thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

I workaround I am trying is having a single gig exclusively focused on 24 hour delivery. It is a new gig. But, I am pleased with how it has performed so far. I like that if I have an issue, i can easily pause a gig and not have to reenter a bunch of information when I unpause it, like you do when you select extra-fast delivery as a gig extra.

1 Like

I personally like the 24 hour delivery, could never get rid of it. Yeah it’s a slap in the face when I have a string of orders and a 24 hour delivery on top but I don’t mind lol, extra $15 for me and a speedy delivery for the client.

1 Like

Totally feeling you. I’ve raised the whole 24 hour thing a couple of times. Want to offer it most of the time, but sometimes, because life, it needs to be switched off… This thread has my ideas on it, but it doesn’t cover a temporary pause like you suggest. Think the whole 24 hour thing needs to be looked at and evaluated based on people with lives! 24 Hour Delivery - No respect for weekends

1 Like