Terrible thing happened today

writer99025

You know, I live in my own bubble, but sometimes, I come face to face with real India, or how India is for the poor and the underprivileged. My 65-year old cook, I noticed, came with a badly swollen face and was crying quietly. I asked what happened and it turns out she was beaten by another woman who had given her a loan of Rs. 20,000 to her many years ago. Yes, beaten, on the streets. Nobody came to her support and nobody stopped the other lady from beating her.

Now my cook says she paid over Rs. 45,000 including the interest. But this lady wanted Rs. 500 more. When my cook refused to give her the money she beat her really badly. I asked her to file a police complaint and to call her children. She has 3 adult children, and all of them washed their hands off, said they did not want to get involved. She says the police will ask for a bribe anyway and it’s not worth it. The poor lady got the loan in the first place to marry her daughter off and her daughter won’t have anything to do with her now.

Life is not easy for so many in India. I realized that with a jolt today.

@writer99025 that’s nothing unusual here in my country, it happens so many times, and some things are even worse to even mention! Well, I guess your country is not the only one with these problems - welcome to my country, where nobody gives a damn either!

That’s why I closed myself in a remote house and living the dream!

As a Pakistani, I can say for certain it happens here in Pakistan as well. Anyone below the middle class is treated like shit and even if you try to help the systems screws you over.
NO JUSTICE FOR THE POOR

You know, I live in my own bubble, but sometimes, I come face to face with real India, or how India is for the poor and the underprivileged. My 65-year old cook, I noticed, came with a badly swollen face and was crying quietly. I asked what happened and it turns out she was beaten by another woman who had given her a loan of Rs. 20,000 to her many years ago. Yes, beaten, on the streets. Nobody came to her support and nobody stopped the other lady from beating her.

Now my cook says she paid over Rs. 45,000 including the interest. But this lady wanted Rs. 500 more. When my cook refused to give her the money she beat her really badly. I asked her to file a police complaint and to call her children. She has 3 adult children, and all of them washed their hands off, said they did not want to get involved. She says the police will ask for a bribe anyway and it’s not worth it. The poor lady got the loan in the first place to marry her daughter off and her daughter won’t have anything to do with her now.

Life is not easy for so many in India. I realized that with a jolt today.

they did not want to get involved.

Shame on those stupid children. 😦

That’s terribly sad. The attacker would have gone to jail promptly in the U.S. I was reading about the widespread corruption in India. You can’t have a civilized country with corrupt police.

Yes, this lady is of the same age as my mother. It is incredible how my mother lives in a different world and she lives in this world. It’s like my mother or the middle class/upper class are in the first world, where everything works for them, and the rest of the country is still in the third world. It’s so easy to get lost in our own world and obsess over our problems when real problems are far more serious.

Yes, this lady is of the same age as my mother. It is incredible how my mother lives in a different world and she lives in this world. It’s like my mother or the middle class/upper class are in the first world, where everything works for them, and the rest of the country is still in the third world. It’s so easy to get lost in our own world and obsess over our problems when real problems are far more serious.

Now we have two societies like that suddenly since we have immigrants afraid to go to the police.

We will also have those with medical care and those with none. Again. The marriage thing in India sounds like a big problem, something I hear about almost every day due to my marriage spell.

Now we have two societies like that suddenly since we have immigrants afraid to go to the police.

We will also have those with medical care and those with none. Again. The marriage thing in India sounds like a big problem, something I hear about almost every day due to my marriage spell.

The marriage thing in India sounds like a big problem, something I hear about almost every day due to my marriage spell.

LOL…I know. My relatives think something is wrong with me for not marrying. I laugh at them, because I know what marriage is like in India. Me being happy and independent without asking anyone for anything makes them mad as well… 😂

The marriage thing in India sounds like a big problem, something I hear about almost every day due to my marriage spell.

LOL…I know. My relatives think something is wrong with me for not marrying. I laugh at them, because I know what marriage is like in India. Me being happy and independent without asking anyone for anything makes them mad as well… 😂

I’m 22 and my family is literally guilting me into getting married…we got it rough mate.

It seems like families control who and when people marry, and they are obligated to do what they are told and marry who they are told to marry no matter what they would prefer. So then they want my marriage spell to overcome this burden the culture places on them.

I’m 22 and my family is literally guilting me into getting married…we got it rough mate.

I don’t have it rough, I have been independent since 21 when my father died. Have stayed away from everyone, couldn’t care less, built my own house at 23 🙂 My mom is also equally independent, has her own home, income and savings and stays in another city. Our relatives don’t understand how we can be like this. LOL.

I don’t have it rough, I have been independent since 21 when my father died. Have stayed away from everyone, couldn’t care less, built my own house at 23 🙂 My mom is also equally independent, has her own home, income and savings and stays in another city. Our relatives don’t understand how we can be like this. LOL.

Our relatives don’t understand how we can be like this. LOL.

I don’t understand too 😕

You’re a living inspiration for millions of South Asian guys. More or less, it’s the same life style we have here. And the relatives? They care less than anyone when you’re in worse condition 😕

You’re a living inspiration for millions of South Asian guys. More or less, it’s the same life style we have here. And the relatives? They care less than anyone when you’re in worse condition 😕

You know, the moment you stop caring what other people think about you, you are free.

You know, the moment you stop caring what other people think about you, you are free.

Sometimes that’s easier said than done. Other people and what they think about you is built into being human to some extent, at least among the sane. But when you have self confidence and an intelligence that lets you look around at the world and people and make some rational observations about how screwed up society is, it becomes easier.

Sometimes that’s easier said than done. Other people and what they think about you is built into being human to some extent, at least among the sane. But when you have self confidence and an intelligence that lets you look around at the world and people and make some rational observations about how screwed up society is, it becomes easier.

I want to, so desperately, stop caring what the world thinks and does. Like you said, it’s easier said than done.

Life would be so much easier if I could turn off my emotions. I know how much you care about people just by the things you write. I find myself being less and less patient the older I get. You have a special gift that I no longer possess.

I was born in Asia but grew up in the states. With everything I’ve been through, I count my blessings that I am here. My life would have turned out so different had I been anywhere else.

The world is an abhorrent place polluted by far more abhorrent people than there are nice ones. Last year I stood up for an old man on a metro train in the UK being harassed by a group of teenagers. They then followed me off the train to give me my dues for embarrassing them. I called the police on my mobile but they hung up accusing me being rude so I had to run to a 24 hour supermarket to take refuge. I would have had no problem breaking a few feral teenage face bones if they had attacked me however, if I had, I would be writing this now from the comfort of a HM prison come Ikea furniture factory.

Sadly, the world is only destined to become much worse. The important thing is to always help when it is possible to do so, and never simply surrender to the convenience of looking the other way.

That’s terribly sad. The attacker would have gone to jail promptly in the U.S. I was reading about the widespread corruption in India. You can’t have a civilized country with corrupt police.

You would not believe how corrupt the police are in my adopted country - and I’m saying that from experience of having dealt with the police in Thailand and Egypt.

It sickens me. If you are foreign (even English) in Malta and you are a victim of crime, 9 times out of 10 you are prosecuted. I even know a woman here who had to flee after uncovering Earth shattering corruption to do with land registry titles. The police called to her house every day to ask how she was doing and if she knew how close knit Malta is. Talk about harassment.

It’s no wonder they retire after 25 years of service on pensions better than most politicians.

Wow, thank you for sharing. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in a bubble and to forget the suffering that other people experience. I looked up how much 500 RS is and can’t believe she was beaten up for what would be $7 USD. That’s about one hour of minimum wage work here in the USA. So sad.

Wow, thank you for sharing. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in a bubble and to forget the suffering that other people experience. I looked up how much 500 RS is and can’t believe she was beaten up for what would be $7 USD. That’s about one hour of minimum wage work here in the USA. So sad.

$7 USD

It’s insane, isn’t it. I believe here in the Netherlands it’s the wage for half an hour. Also insane compared to the States.

Archived