Testing our search placement algorithm

mjensen415

Hi Doers!

Some of you may have noticed some… strange things happening to your searched Gig placements in the marketplace. Not to fear, we’re running some tests on the search placement algorithm in order to best maximize placement for all Gigs.

The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re surfacing the best Gigs for the intended search. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, etc, etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests and not one specific aspect of a Gig is the focus.

We are constantly working to improve the marketplace and appreciate your patience while we work to make the marketplace even better for sellers!

Please post any questions you have below and we will do our best to address any concerns you have about these marketplace upgrades.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Doers!

Some of you may have noticed some… strange things happening to your searched Gig placements in the marketplace. Not to fear, we’re running some tests on the search placement algorithm in order to best maximize placement for all Gigs.

The goal of these tests is to make sure that we’re surfacing the best Gigs for the intended search. For example, we don’t want to show Gigs that are not active, sellers who are on vacation, etc, etc. We’re weighing a multitude of factors for these tests and not one specific aspect of a Gig is the focus.

We are constantly working to improve the marketplace and appreciate your patience while we work to make the marketplace even better for sellers!

Please post any questions you have below and we will do our best to address any concerns you have about these marketplace upgrades.

Well, that’s good to hear.

At least now I know why my gig with 70 reviews keeps getting placed with new arrivals or gigs with a couple of reviews. Do you have any estimated time-frame for when things will finally calm down? Are there any new criteria for gig rankings you can share with us, now or at a later date?

Thank You

Well, that’s good to hear.

At least now I know why my gig with 70 reviews keeps getting placed with new arrivals or gigs with a couple of reviews. Do you have any estimated time-frame for when things will finally calm down? Are there any new criteria for gig rankings you can share with us, now or at a later date?

Thank You

No set time frame, these are ongoing tests. Once we lock down guidelines or can share the outcomes, we will!

While I appreciate the update and it sounds like a positive move, it would have been great to know in advance. I am sure there was a level of the unknown for staff about this, as with any testing period, many sellers who are used to higher placings have suddenly seen orders drop substantially. With advance notice, they could have scheduled holidays, other activities etc during the time it is running. Even just the knowledge of testing being underway would have settled a lot of nerves.
Like I say, the improvements sound great and I look forward to them being implemented.

No set time frame, these are ongoing tests. Once we lock down guidelines or can share the outcomes, we will!

As @mjensen415 said there is no set time.

@jkhawaja27

Yes, you can. I don’t see any reason why you can’t, just don’t spam pages.

No, I will just do paid adverts for 5-10 days.

Yeah, that’s a better idea.

Talking about spamming, @mjensen415 is anyone working on fixing the buyer requests section? I don’t use them anymore but someone needs to stop sellers from posting their own services in the BRS and make it easier for buyers. We’ve seen more than a few buyers asking us in the forum why the details for their projects were not accepted. Sorry, for piling this all on you.

Thankyou sir for declaration.
My gig was on first page 7-8 row on keyword “backlinks” and after this algorithm test my gig washed out from the search of “backlinks” i checked almost 20 pages but cant find, can you make sure that after resolve this algorithm all the gigs which gone missing from searches will be back in searches?

While I appreciate the update and it sounds like a positive move, it would have been great to know in advance. I am sure there was a level of the unknown for staff about this, as with any testing period, many sellers who are used to higher placings have suddenly seen orders drop substantially. With advance notice, they could have scheduled holidays, other activities etc during the time it is running. Even just the knowledge of testing being underway would have settled a lot of nerves.

Like I say, the improvements sound great and I look forward to them being implemented.

Not to mention the amount of tickets sent in to CS that Fiverr could’ve avoided by simply giving a heads up (and the vast amount of Forum Threads on this matter), at least to a select group of sellers if not to everyone - or maybe Fiverr wanted to put the CS team to test 😙

I keep the record all of my work for the last three years. It gives me a good idea about my selling. If I compare to the last year April with this year April, I lost almost 50% of my sales. I was worried about it. Now I knew the reason. Great relief! Thanks for the message. I hope everything will be OK soon.

Archived