Text formatting in Request description?

I’ve placed a couple of Requests, carefully organizing my Request into paragraphs and bullet points so that it can make sense to a seller, and then Fiverr seems to just collapses it all into one huge paragraph.

I tried using html tags and bbcode and neither works. I have not tried markdown, but I’m not optimistic about that either.

I eventually just made a two-sentence Request and put the rest as an attached textfile.

How is somebody supposed to post a meaningful/readable request without any formatting?

I don’t write Buyer Requests but I have the same issue when writing tickets to support which bugs me
because I want them to understand what I want from them and a wall of text isn’t helpful
and also because unlike my own texts within the conversation, their texts do have blank lines.
~
As a workaround, I’ve started using “~”, like in this post. Feels a bit stupid but it’s better than without, even for when I want to reread my text myself.
~
Unfortunately, sometimes, I forget it and my hope that my text may show up as I wrote it, always is in vain.
~
~
Anyway, maybe this will work for BRs too and might help a bit until that issue hopefully will be fixed.
~
And now I’ll stop, just had to write enough so this post will show what I mean as I don’t want to post screenshots of my conversations with support. :wink:

Sellers don’t expect you to share the full project brief in the request. Stick to the basics and once you pick out 2-3 sellers you like you can do a full interview and share your project brief.

That being said, Fiverr is not really putting much effort in to its bidding system. There are other platforms more suitable for this. On Fiverr I would recommend searching sellers on your own and contacting them.

Though sellers can’t give an accurate offer and may not even bid at all if there isn’t enough info to give an accurate price or if the buyer isn’t being specific enough. The buyer requests section is meant so that the buyer can accept one of the offers, and they have to have enough info to make that offer.

I think trying the above suggestion could be the answer or using a small number of lines (no more than around 4 or maybe 5 lines of text) and linking to the document might be the best way, at least until Fiverr adds more formatting options.

When I said keep it simple I didn’t mean “I need help” :slight_smile:
The request should still explain what the job is about and what are the key requirements.

When it comes to offers, I always make an offer for a consultation not for the job. It’s almost impossible to make any offer without talking to the buyer either via phone or message.

It might work if you ask for 500 words on topic X. That’s pretty straight forward.
Or when you need someone to fix a specific error/issue.

That being said, Fiverr is not really putting much effort in to its bidding system. There are other platforms more suitable for this. On Fiverr I would recommend searching sellers on your own and contacting them.

Yeah, now that I’ve used it a bit, the bidding workflow in Fiverr is almost non-existent. It’s more like you put out an idea, you find out who’s interested, and then you start all over from scratch with the individual(s) as if you’d never done a bid.