Thank you Fiverr for the tip system!

glennwelman

The tip system has already added to my turnover in the last week! Its a really cool feature.

It also gives extra incentive to deliver above and beyond for your clients, which is always a good thing. Being motivated is key to growing your business, and money is a great motivator 😉

My tips have gone up since the new option.

I remember speaking to Micha at the Fiverr event in London last year about the option and his response was quite interesting. He said that as we can now set our own prices (which to a certain extent is true) do we really need a tip system? That said, he said they were looking into it at the time.

Personally, I think it is an awesome feature - you know yourself that when you are presented with something that is way better than you ever imagined, you’re pretty happy about it and will often pay that little extra if you have an avenue to do so.

Similar to having an awesome meal or awesome service from a waiter/waitress - you want to tip.

So on the flip side, it should hopefully encourage sellers to offer that optimum service (if they’re not already doing so of course) to maximise the possibility of a tip.

Nice one Fiverr!

I haven’t recieved a tip yet but my last several orders were already good upsells. I think the buyers most likely to tip me will be the 10-20 spenders. The higher ones may feel they’ve already paid well and the $5 group seems to be bargain hunters with tight purse strings. I think I will love the tip system though, it is so easy to hit the tip button.

@fastcopywriter Do you still mention tips when you deliver? If not maybe it would help to say something about appreciating tips. I guess you could keep your tip gig too.

I get more and bigger tips with the tip option. I have not seen the options screen, being on the seller side, but I figure that it has some sort of percentage choice, because my tips have been percentages of the total gig bill. Awesome.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: I started with my tip gig the same way. One buyer asked me if I had one so I went and looked at other people’s and then created mine. I started adding a link with delivery and I’d change the phrases around from time to time. I put things like “I am always grateful for tips!” followed by the link. I really think the new system will be better since it makes it easier for the buyer. I’ll be curious to see if I get tips after I get some more orders for the lower priced options.

I love the new tip option as well! My prices are very reasonable for what I do and when people see the quality of my work, they often leave a tip. I think I’ve gotten 3-4 already since they put it in place. I think it’s an awesome idea!

Archived