Fiverr Forum

Thanksgiving is coming up, what's your family's tradition?

This time of year, I always find myself thinking about my family and how my Dad would take us all out to the Gatineau Hills (Canada) for a hike. He insisted that we enjoy the final stages of autumn before winter officially begins, and so we did :slight_smile:

Anyone else enjoy hikes this time of year?

What are your family’s Thanksgiving/autumn traditions?

my tradition is to have it a month ago :slight_smile: always ham not turkey (honey maple or sweet reisen sauce) I love walking in the lush forests here in BC Canada hikes are great this time a year alittle wet tho:)

The 3 F’s… Family, Food & Football.

There is no such tradition on celebrating Thanksgiving in our Country.

It seems to be a very nice tradition.

Reply to @matt_garry:

"honey maple or sweet reisen sauce"

Sir, you are making me drool…

Reply to @est1990: pretty much what usually goes on at my house. Plus we go around and say what we are thankful for.

We do have number of tradition during a whole year… As I am from India… Its completely cultural country… Here we have number of religions and so they all participate in each others’ tradition… But but but… my favorite tradition is Navratri - Dandiya ras/garba… :D/ <:-P

We don’t really celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK but I love walking/hiking, I’m lucky enough to live in one of the best places for that here in England.

Reply to @ozzieuk: Beautiful!! Also looks like a scene from Braveheart :wink:

On my wife’s side of the family all the guys hang around the back up the pickup and drank cold ones from the cooler till its time to chow down… then we head back out to throw dice or play poker on the tailgate of the pickup, one dollar max, gotta get a lil gambling in… On my folks side we get our drank on till the wee hours of the morning, might even air some grievances like the Castanza’s. All in all we have a blast!

Thanksgiving is coming up. Nice. I have a discussion that I want to add. How can I do that?

Jos van Doorn