That Awesome Feeling

writer99025

When you come back after a quick 45-minute early morning run (more walking than running in my case at this stage, hopefully, that will change.) Also, when you run, go run outside, not in the house on a treadmill. I realize why I wasn’t enjoying running so far - I was doing it on my treadmill. It can get claustrophobic and boring running on a treadmill. Always run outside, that’s the way nature intended it to be. Now hope to do this every day!

I can very well relate to that feeling. I enjoy outdoor activities. I can not run/walk more than 20 minutes on the treadmill. Well, let me accept it. I can not run more than 10 minutes on the treadmill without getting bored. I have to push myself after 10 minutes. Music does not work for me. On the contrary, I can run/walk with a better speed and less exhaustion, in the outdoor setting. Running was never assumed to be indoor activities before the invention of the treadmills.

What a great surprise!!! You are quoting Timothy. Although, he does a lot of experimentation but somehow his advice works for me. I even experimented with his ‘two hours a day sleep formula’ long ago. I admired his ‘80-20 work principle’ (originally from Pareto) a lot. That is how I made net revenue of USD 1300 in one month by investing only 20 hours per week.

Yes, it’s a great feeling to get some exercise outdoors! I’m happy for you that you’ve rediscovered this recently. For me; however, as much as I try, running just doesn’t do it for me. Music helps… but I can only do it for so long. Introduce a ball though, and I’ll run all day. Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer… That’s the exercise I love!

Yeah, I used to play a lot of sports as a kid and as a young adult, but most men of my age (mid-thirties) are balding, overweight or obese, taking their kids out to the mall etc. I don’t fit with them, and I definitely don’t fit with the early 20s crowd…it’s a unique situation. At my age, “sports” means playing with your kids…at least in India…

Archived