The best tool EVER for learning a language. Forget Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur. Don't miss this!

OK, this is huge. This might be a revolution in language learning. I’m dead serious. Just bear with me.

The best way to learn a language is to be exposed to it a lot, right? And one of the best ways to get a lot of exposure is through READING and LISTENING. Now, reading in, say, Spanish if you are only a beginner and know only basic grammar concepts can be really tiresome. You need to look words up in your dictionary every other second. Sometimes you will know all the words but cannot guess what the hell the sentence means. No wonder so many people quit learning in early stages!

And this is where parallel texts come along to help you. What I do to teach myself a language is basically make a lot of parallel, side-by-side bilingual texts of books I really like and read them WITHOUT A DICTIONARY. If an AUDIOBOOK is available in my target language I buy it and listen to what I have read.

I’ve learned all major Western languages plus Russian and Greek that way. I’m 28 years old and my native language is Serbian. Of course, first you need to know the basics of the language (unless they are really similar, like Spanish and Portuguese). Learning grammar is good for you, of course, but it will not stick without EXPOSURE.

After I have read and listened to about five average-sized books I can understand pretty much everything I hear. It can be achieved in a very short time. It is also an enjoyable activity, unlike root memorizing and reading with a dictionary by your side.

Making parallel texts, however, can be really annoying if you aren’t as experienced as me. You need to know your target language at least at a basic level and you have to make the paragraphs fit. For this I use MS Word and Notepad++. There are some programs available, but they are neither cheap nor accurate.

So here’s what you do. Find or buy your favorite book(s) in English (or whatever language you’re comfortable with) and in your target language, send them to me and I will send you the parallel text in any format you choose. You can also ask me to help you with your progress FOR FREE.

Good value for money, huh?

My gig: http://fiverr.com/scolari/make-a-parallel-bilingual-text-or-book-in-any-two-european-languages