The bitter experience of being deceived by a top rated buyer of fiverr

tanjia_tarin

Beware of concept thief buyers in fiverr !!! The bitter experience of being deceived by a top rated buyer of fiverr

First of all, many people do not understand the meaning of this theft, it is basically a precaution for professional level (creative content) freelancers.

Today I have experienced one of the bitterest experiences of my career. I can’t explain how frustrated and bad I feel at the moment. At Fiverr I always try to explain the good work with my buyers and I try to do every job very seriously. I respect Fiverr Marketplace enough that I have been able to stand on my own feet. I have been able to become self-reliant.

Now let me share my experience. A few days ago a top buyer contacted me and sent me a video of 10 GB data from his Google Drive. I was asked to make a 1 minute video from there.
Since I am the top buyer, I started the initial work without taking any order. As usual I do my work and send it. Then he told me about some revisions and I did it again. But after taking the video, if he wants to start ordering, he does not contact me anymore. Since I gave a watermark to my video, I was also sure that he would not be able to use that video anywhere. But I never once thought that he actually left after taking my concept. Also communicates in the beginning in such a way that he has a lot of video work, needs long time. Later when I text him again and again but he doesn’t reply after seeing it, I repeatedly ask him why he is not communicating. Two days later he said that I do not have enough skills in video editing! They made another video. He showed me the video! In the video I see that the whole concept of the 2 videos that I made before, the clip and even the outro after the video is the same as the outro!! The whole used my concept. Those of you who know about video editing will know how difficult and time consuming it is to conceptualize a video from scratch. Also Video Stabilize, Slow-mo, Fast Forward, Transition etc. have been used as required. Now that buyer has done everything for me and now he is preparing a video for the same concept and telling me that I can’t do anything about it. In this way he took the concept away from me without any payment, along with my whole 2 days of hard work. So be careful, use watermark if necessary, discuss if there is conceptual work, show only if there is ready preview sample, and refrain from working before taking order.

Beware of concept thief buyers in fiverr !!! The bitter experience of being deceived by a top rated buyer of fiverr

First of all, many people do not understand the meaning of this theft, it is basically a precaution for professional level (creative content) freelancers.

Today I have experienced one of the bitterest experiences of my career. I can’t explain how frustrated and bad I feel at the moment. At Fiverr I always try to explain the good work with my buyers and I try to do every job very seriously. I respect Fiverr Marketplace enough that I have been able to stand on my own feet. I have been able to become self-reliant.

Now let me share my experience. A few days ago a top buyer contacted me and sent me a video of 10 GB data from his Google Drive. I was asked to make a 1 minute video from there.

Since I am the top buyer, I started the initial work without taking any order. As usual I do my work and send it. Then he told me about some revisions and I did it again. But after taking the video, if he wants to start ordering, he does not contact me anymore. Since I gave a watermark to my video, I was also sure that he would not be able to use that video anywhere. But I never once thought that he actually left after taking my concept. Also communicates in the beginning in such a way that he has a lot of video work, needs long time. Later when I text him again and again but he doesn’t reply after seeing it, I repeatedly ask him why he is not communicating. Two days later he said that I do not have enough skills in video editing! They made another video. He showed me the video! In the video I see that the whole concept of the 2 videos that I made before, the clip and even the outro after the video is the same as the outro!! The whole used my concept. Those of you who know about video editing will know how difficult and time consuming it is to conceptualize a video from scratch. Also Video Stabilize, Slow-mo, Fast Forward, Transition etc. have been used as required. Now that buyer has done everything for me and now he is preparing a video for the same concept and telling me that I can’t do anything about it. In this way he took the concept away from me without any payment, along with my whole 2 days of hard work. So be careful, use watermark if necessary, discuss if there is conceptual work, show only if there is ready preview sample, and refrain from working before taking order.

In this way he took the concept away from me without any payment, along with my whole 2 days of hard work

Don’t do orders that take a long time and/or pay a lot of money. You put yourself in an incredibly risky situation.

I started the initial work without taking any order.

A buyer (top or otherwise) orders, pays, and then you deliver.

If you bypass this you will have worked for free.

Never ever do that. I’m not even sure if being a “top buyer” means anything (someone correct me if I’m wrong): it just means they order a lot, not necessarily that they are good trustworthy people…

Never ever do that. I’m not even sure if being a “top buyer” means anything (someone correct me if I’m wrong): it just means they order a lot, not necessarily that they are good trustworthy people…

181754_2.png zerlina84:

Never ever do that. I’m not even sure if being a “top buyer” means anything (someone correct me if I’m wrong): it just means they order a lot, not necessarily that they are good trustworthy people

Exactly. You can’t protect yourself if you do this plus it’s a signal to the buyer that they can exploit you and get away with it.

Yes that’s what the top buyer thing means.

Just because someone orders a lot that doesn’t mean they are reputable. Lots of sellers let buyers push them around.

I started the initial work without taking any order

Well, there’s your problem.

@tanjia_tarin

Some of your Gigs include link URLs that are not allowed by Fiverr. You may want to check ToS and Community Standards

You redirect users to your own portfolio website.

@blavaro

As I work as a Web Designer and Motion Graphics Designer, I have to create a gallery website so that buyers choose template what they like. I don’t think it’s illegal or unethical.

This is very interesting. A lot of sellers (specially new sellers) consider Top Buyer as a badge of trust but in reality, they are one of the worst clients you will work with. They are Top Buyers because they buy a lot from Fiverr that means they know how to exploit Fiverr system to get free work out of newbie sellers who are desperate to get work.

A few signs of troublemaker clients:

1. “We are a big company and have a lot of work in the future” (Fiverr is a place for smaller business and solo-preneurs. Big companies don’t work on Fiverr usually)

2. “Make first draft for us and if we like it, we will place an order” (they are just fishing for creative ideas)

3. “What if I don’t like the outcome of …” (stay away from them)

4. “Can we do partial payment, half now and half after you complete the work” (again stay away)

@blavaro

As I work as a Web Designer and Motion Graphics Designer, I have to create a gallery website so that buyers choose template what they like. I don’t think it’s illegal or unethical.

Of course, you are free to create your own gallery, but you are not allowed to use URL of that gallery in your Fiverr profile or Gig description.

You may want to read this article Help & Suport to answer your question. At the very bottom of the page you’ll find a list of approved URLs that may be used in Gig’s description and/or in your profile. [urls]

You violate Fiverr’s ToS at the moment.

URLs.thumb.gif.933195fbc5337adce506cfe230057734.gif

Of course, you are free to create your own gallery, but you are not allowed to use URL of that gallery in your Fiverr profile or Gig description.

You may want to read this article Help & Suport to answer your question. At the very bottom of the page you’ll find a list of approved URLs that may be used in Gig’s description and/or in your profile. [urls]

You violate Fiverr’s ToS at the moment.

Thank you for this helpful information. I will take necessary actions soon.

Maybe the op means a V.I.D. buyer - very important doers (an utterly ridiculous concept)?

A few weeks back I made a post about my own experience of dealing with a V.I.D. - and it wasn’t a great one. As you say, it just means the buyer orders a lot of services - in my case it was a reseller who was actually appalling to deal with.

Maybe the op means a V.I.D. buyer - very important doers (an utterly ridiculous concept)?

A few weeks back I made a post about my own experience of dealing with a V.I.D. - and it wasn’t a great one. As you say, it just means the buyer orders a lot of services - in my case it was a reseller who was actually appalling to deal with.

Maybe the op means a V.I.D. buyer

In defense of V.I.D. buyers, I have a few regulars with that designation and every V.I.D. designation.

Archived