Fiverr Community Forum

The buyer is not serious?

Hi there :thinking:
Today I want to talk with you about a fairly serious problem. Few hours ago I have concluded and delivered a translation for a buyer. After this, the buyer started to ask me social sites to continue to “collaborate” and talk, appreciating my work. The problem is that the buyer confessed me at the end of the job that he “is broke” (he has no money to pay). To me personally it seems wrong to make a request knowing that you can’t pay. On Fiverr we offer services, we are serious people and we don’t want to waste our time :neutral_face: .
Should I report this Buyer? It’s fair? What do you think about these unfair people?
Unfortunately I don’t know if there are any methods to avoid these scams. Help me.
Thank you so much for your time.
Diana.

4 Likes

But he had to pay to place the order, how is it possible that he can’t pay?
Did you delivered a work without a order being placed?

4 Likes

The best way to avoid these scams is to use Fiverr properly. Payment for work should always be made up front. :slight_smile:

Sadly this site, like most marketplaces, is full of people looking to exploit others. Be on guard at all times!

2 Likes

No, in fact I don’t understand how it is possible.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Same. I thought about it too

1 Like

Regarding doing a work without an order being placed?
I think there is no point to do this since you should be aware that you should only work after an order was placed.

1 Like

The fact it’s that for me the offer that I made was accepted and the order was placed…

1 Like

This means that somehow he payed, and you will receive your payment in 14 days. Other thing is that maybe he is lying.

1 Like

If he has a computer and internet, he can pay.

1 Like

Buyer placed the order & I send it to him for final revision & said done. Then he/she said can’t pay. In this time if I don’t deliver the order, won’t my order completion rate fall down??? that’s why what I will do? How I realize he/she is lying to me???

1 Like

Did he/she marked the order as complete? if the buyer did you don’t have to worry about it.

1 Like

Thanks for your response :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

I’m still a little bit confused in here, how did you sent the work for final revision? you sent it via the order chat?

Yes, Via order chat & there said he can’t pay. ask, any problem??? no response.

Yes it can be a problem, you should have sent for final revision using the deliver the work button. Now the buyer has the final work and she can cancel the order. Hope this last thing doesn’t happen.

Thanks.I thought i’ve to do this.

You sent him the work in chat and not as a delivery? :scream:

Send it to him as the final delivery and tell him that since you did the job he has to pay.

2 Likes

You should not start working before an actual order is placed.
And buyers can’t place an order without making a payment.

Please read the Fiverr terms and FAQ’s on how to handle orders.

5 Likes

Don’t give your work away or send the final delivery in chat then say it’s a scam when you basically are giving it to him free in a sense.

4 Likes