The buyer is not serious?

diaanaa

Hi there :thinking:
Today I want to talk with you about a fairly serious problem. Few hours ago I have concluded and delivered a translation for a buyer. After this, the buyer started to ask me social sites to continue to “collaborate” and talk, appreciating my work. The problem is that the buyer confessed me at the end of the job that he “is broke” (he has no money to pay). To me personally it seems wrong to make a request knowing that you can’t pay. On Fiverr we offer services, we are serious people and we don’t want to waste our time 😐 .
Should I report this Buyer? It’s fair? What do you think about these unfair people?
Unfortunately I don’t know if there are any methods to avoid these scams. Help me.
Thank you so much for your time.
Diana.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Dear @gabrielavila96, regarding this problem can I send any screenshot of conversation with buyer to report the buyer???Will it fair? Thanks in advance

Regarding doing a work without an order being placed?

I think there is no point to do this since you should be aware that you should only work after an order was placed.

Dear @gabrielavila96, regarding this problem can I send any screenshot of conversation with buyer to report the buyer???Will it fair? Thanks in advance

Regarding doing a work without an order being placed?

I think there is no point to do this since you should be aware that you should only work after an order was placed.

The fact it’s that for me the offer that I made was accepted and the order was placed…

This means that somehow he payed, and you will receive your payment in 14 days. Other thing is that maybe he is lying.

Buyer placed the order & I send it to him for final revision & said done. Then he/she said can’t pay. In this time if I don’t deliver the order, won’t my order completion rate fall down??? that’s why what I will do? How I realize he/she is lying to me???

Buyer placed the order & I send it to him for final revision & said done. Then he/she said can’t pay. In this time if I don’t deliver the order, won’t my order completion rate fall down??? that’s why what I will do? How I realize he/she is lying to me???

Did he/she marked the order as complete? if the buyer did you don’t have to worry about it.

In this time if I don’t deliver the order, won’t my order completion rate fall down???

I’m still a little bit confused in here, how did you sent the work for final revision? you sent it via the order chat?

Yes, Via order chat & there said he can’t pay. ask, any problem??? no response.

Yes it can be a problem, you should have sent for final revision using the deliver the work button. Now the buyer has the final work and she can cancel the order. Hope this last thing doesn’t happen.

Yes it can be a problem, you should have sent for final revision using the deliver the work button. Now the buyer has the final work and she can cancel the order. Hope this last thing doesn’t happen.

Thanks.I thought i’ve to do this.

Hi there :thinking:

Today I want to talk with you about a fairly serious problem. Few hours ago I have concluded and delivered a translation for a buyer. After this, the buyer started to ask me social sites to continue to “collaborate” and talk, appreciating my work. The problem is that the buyer confessed me at the end of the job that he “is broke” (he has no money to pay). To me personally it seems wrong to make a request knowing that you can’t pay. On Fiverr we offer services, we are serious people and we don’t want to waste our time 😐 .

Should I report this Buyer? It’s fair? What do you think about these unfair people?

Unfortunately I don’t know if there are any methods to avoid these scams. Help me.

Thank you so much for your time.

Diana.

Unfortunately I don’t know if there are any methods to avoid these scams.

You should not start working before an actual order is placed.

And buyers can’t place an order without making a payment.

Please read the Fiverr terms and FAQ’s on how to handle orders.

The fact it’s that for me the offer that I made was accepted and the order was placed…

This whole thread is more complicated because two people are writing as though this is about their order. The OP (diaanaa) said this:

If that is true and an order was placed, you just deliver it with the delivery button and Fiverr automatically charges the buyer no matter what. There is no option for the buyer to “not pay” if an order was really placed.

This other person (optimistjishan) in the thread jumped in with this:

Buyer placed the order & I send it to him for final revision & said done. Then he/she said can’t pay.

That is either a totally different person or it is one person with two accounts. I would have to know from these two usernames what the truth is. Either way, BOTH these usernames say that orders were placed. If that is true and the orders were delivered with the delivery button, the buyer has already paid. The end.

It’s up to @diaanaa and @optimistjishan to clarify from there. If @optimistjishan is a different user from diaannaa, this is not that person’s thread at all!

As everyone else said, never deliver work without an order, and always deliver with the delivery button. If you did so, the client can’t simply run away with your money.

And also, please be aware that displaying your personal photos on gigs attract a lot of … let’s say people that are interested in your physical aspect. Him asking your social profile sound like a wish to see you more online. If you want to attract serious clients I suggest you adopt a more serious profile. That is just my personal opinion. The thing is that I know what is the result of having alluring photos, even here.

Think about your Fiverr profile as your professional CV, not your social media profile. Would you put those kind of pictures in your CV? Think about it. It will save you a lot of troubles if you keep it professional. Here, the unwanted attention can be harmful. If you get to level 1 and you start to get more views and 90% of messages will be just attempts to talk with you (with no intention to order), you’d still have to respond to all of them, otherwise your response rate will go down and you will be demoted. You will be frustrated about the wasted time and that could really kill your business. This is just one example of harmful attention, there could be many other disadvantages.

Providing contact details is against TOS. In other words, never provide your social media accounts. 👍

This whole thread is more complicated because two people are writing as though this is about their order. The OP (diaanaa) said this:

If that is true and an order was placed, you just deliver it with the delivery button and Fiverr automatically charges the buyer no matter what. There is no option for the buyer to “not pay” if an order was really placed.

This other person (optimistjishan) in the thread jumped in with this:

Buyer placed the order & I send it to him for final revision & said done. Then he/she said can’t pay.

That is either a totally different person or it is one person with two accounts. I would have to know from these two usernames what the truth is. Either way, BOTH these usernames say that orders were placed. If that is true and the orders were delivered with the delivery button, the buyer has already paid. The end.

It’s up to @diaanaa and @optimistjishan to clarify from there. If @optimistjishan is a different user from diaannaa, this is not that person’s thread at all!

Hi, i’m totally different user. There has no match with me and @diaanaa. I think the problem was almost same with @diaanaa’s problem. Actually I want to know how can I realize that buyer do any scams or tell a lie with me? Cause, after getting order, provide his requirements. But wanted to know more. Knocked him hut no reply. After completing work, send it for final revision. And then he said okay. But he said, I can’t pay you now. Don’t realize that. As a new seller got feared. That’s it. But happy, Got payment.

Thank you in advance

Hi, i’m totally different user. There has no match with me and @diaanaa. I think the problem was almost same with @diaanaa’s problem. Actually I want to know how can I realize that buyer do any scams or tell a lie with me? Cause, after getting order, provide his requirements. But wanted to know more. Knocked him hut no reply. After completing work, send it for final revision. And then he said okay. But he said, I can’t pay you now. Don’t realize that. As a new seller got feared. That’s it. But happy, Got payment.

Thank you in advance

Next time, please make your own thread.

Archived