The Buyer keep requesting for modification?! what should I do?

adrian_music

Hi There,
I have an annoying buyer which after receiving the whole order, is not fully satisfied(?) and wants his money back and I think that’s his trick to make producers provide his order and then not to pay.
anyhow, I delivered his order after 10 days working hard on it and obviously, I don’t want to refund him after all my work. He said he wants a full refund and because of that, keeps pressing the modification button.
what can I do now?

Thanks experts in advance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should cancel, you can’t risk a bad review as you only got 5 5* reviews which are not enough to absorb the bad one.

Getting a bad review right now, will put you in big trouble, while cancelling won’t affect you as you’re unleved.

if I cancel it can’t he leave a feed anymore?

if I cancel it can’t he leave a feed anymore?

May I add to vickies comment that, if your buyer doesn’t accept cancelation, please contact CS asking them to cancel the order for you.

This will guarantee order cancelation and the buyer being unable to review.

but what about the 300$ I worked for?

You may contact CS telling them about all this and ask them to look into the buyer’s behaviour or report this buyer directly through the “report” button that shows in his/her profile. Once pressed, a window will pop up with options for you to choose.

Other than that, you must consider cancelations as “occupational hazards”, every business have them. It’s not the optimal situation but it is a reality and that can’t be changed.

In its accounting, every business has - or should have - what is known as “uncollectible accounts”, which is the portion in accounts receivable that you do not expect to collect from customers as they virtually have no chance of being paid. This includes fraud.

Hi There,

I have an annoying buyer which after receiving the whole order, is not fully satisfied(?) and wants his money back and I think that’s his trick to make producers provide his order and then not to pay.

anyhow, I delivered his order after 10 days working hard on it and obviously, I don’t want to refund him after all my work. He said he wants a full refund and because of that, keeps pressing the modification button.

what can I do now?

Thanks experts in advance.

Hi There,

I have an annoying buyer which after receiving the whole order, is not fully satisfied(?)

What exactly is your Buyer not happy with? Use your skills to salvage the order, I mean is it a minor or major modification? Are you willing to do it?

I delivered his order after 10 days working hard on it and obviously, I don’t want to refund him after all my work.

If you completed the gig as per your gig description why should you cancel? You shouldn’t, you deserve to get paid. I just don’t like the idea of cxling because a Buyer moans.

He said he wants a full refund and because of that, keeps pressing the modification button.

what can I do now?

The abuse of the modification button is annoying as hell. Try communicating with your Buyer ask him/her why he/she is dissatisfied with the order.

Guest merciavideo

If you completed the gig as per your gig description why should you cancel? You shouldn’t, you deserve to get paid

Agreed - why do all that work for nothing?

Other than that, you must consider cancelations as “occupational hazards”

Why? It may be that way on Fiverr, but I’ve never come across a culture like it anywhere else, or if there is, it isn’t as obvious.

Hi There,

I have an annoying buyer which after receiving the whole order, is not fully satisfied(?)

What exactly is your Buyer not happy with? Use your skills to salvage the order, I mean is it a minor or major modification? Are you willing to do it?

I delivered his order after 10 days working hard on it and obviously, I don’t want to refund him after all my work.

If you completed the gig as per your gig description why should you cancel? You shouldn’t, you deserve to get paid. I just don’t like the idea of cxling because a Buyer moans.

He said he wants a full refund and because of that, keeps pressing the modification button.

what can I do now?

The abuse of the modification button is annoying as hell. Try communicating with your Buyer ask him/her why he/she is dissatisfied with the order.

Nika, Mercia, he hasn’t got enough reviews - only 5 - to risk a bad one. If he gets 1 bad, he’ll be going into big trouble.

Nika, Mercia, he hasn’t got enough reviews - only 5 - to risk a bad one. If he gets 1 bad, he’ll be going into big trouble.

This is why I asked the OP if he would be willing to offer a modification. A cxl will hurt him, too. So, if I were in his 👞 shoes. I’d attempt to complete the modification if it’s a minor thing.

If you completed the gig as per your gig description why should you cancel? You shouldn’t, you deserve to get paid

Other than that, you must consider cancelations as “occupational hazards”

Why? It may be that way on Fiverr, but I’ve never come across a culture like it anywhere else, or if there is, it isn’t as obvious.

Every business that has to deal with costumers and has accounting, takes into account this risk. In Spanish is called “Cuentas Incobrables”.

Freelancing is business and as such, every freelancer should take that risk also into account.

This is why I asked the OP if he would be willing to offer a modification. A cxl will hurt him, too. So, if I were in his 👞 shoes. I’d attempt to complete the modification if it’s a minor thing.

Cancelation won’t hurt him as he’s unleved, he would only be risking promotion. Regarding modifications, he said the buyer is an unlimited modificattion requester.

Guest merciavideo

Every business that has to deal with costumers and has accounting, takes into account this risk. In Spanish is called “Cuentas Incobrables”.

Freelancing is business and as such, every freelancer should take that risk also into account.

every freelancer should take that risk also into account.

There shouldn’t be a risk when the work is being done through a third party platform who’s taking 20%. The customer orders, the sellers deliver what the buyer wanted - job done.

I could understand the risk more if sellers were working from their own websites, but as Fiverr should be acting as an intermediary to earn their 20%, there shouldn’t be any risk to either party at all…

Cancelation won’t hurt him as he’s unleved, he would only be risking promotion. Regarding modifications, he said the buyer is an unlimited modificattion requester.

So, the question to is he willing to risk a promotion? Him being an unleveled Seller doesn’t mean he should swallow a cxl 💊 just because he’s new.

From what I’ve read @adrian_music opposes cxling and I don’t blame him.

Well, I guess it all boils down to…

Throwing in the towel or salvaging the order; while remaining professional & cordial with the Buyer.

every freelancer should take that risk also into account.

There shouldn’t be a risk when the work is being done through a third party platform who’s taking 20%. The customer orders, the sellers deliver what the buyer wanted - job done.

I could understand the risk more if sellers were working from their own websites, but as Fiverr should be acting as an intermediary to earn their 20%, there shouldn’t be any risk to either party at all…

I could understand the risk more if sellers were working from their own websites, but as Fiverr should be acting as an intermediary to earn their 20%, there shouldn’t be any risk at all.

I agree with you but the truth is that Fiverr is not acting as a shelter for sellers when it comes to cancelations and chargebacks 😟

I was just explaining how this works on the accounting of any business, including freelancing, and if we start seeing it this way, it could be less stressful for everyone of us.

Guest merciavideo

I could understand the risk more if sellers were working from their own websites, but as Fiverr should be acting as an intermediary to earn their 20%, there shouldn’t be any risk at all.

I agree with you but the truth is that Fiverr is not acting as a shelter for sellers when it comes to cancelations and chargebacks 😟

I was just explaining how this works on the accounting of any business, including freelancing, and if we start seeing it this way, it could be less stressful for everyone of us.

if we start seeing it this way, it could be less stressful for everyone of us.

That surely would give the message out to sellers that it’s okay to do work and not get paid? Come to Fiverr, do all this work, but be prepared not to get paid for it - not very inviting! 😉

So, the question to is he willing to risk a promotion? Him being an unleveled Seller doesn’t mean he should swallow a cxl 💊 just because he’s new.

Throwing in the towel or salvaging the order; while remaining professional & cordial with the Buyer.

It’s not that, it’s just what’s the “lesse bad”. Cancelation won’t hurt him, a bad review will and in a terrible way.

Not cancelling won’t ensure the buyer won’t attempt a chargeback and that would be even worst as he would also be leaving the bad review. :frowning_face:

The OP is the one to now how far he is from promotion and if he’s willing to wait a little longer in case he is near to it.

if we start seeing it this way, it could be less stressful for everyone of us.

That surely would give the message out to sellers that it’s okay to do work and not get paid? Come to Fiverr, do all this work, but be prepared not to get paid for it - not very inviting! 😉

Don’t get me wrong please, that’s not the message I’m trying to give. :frowning_face:

People don’t really know how to do business and how business is run. My explanation just meant to be an illustration of things that should be taken into account when doing business, a healthy accounting should keep this item on books.

On the other hand, whether we know this or not, we’re still under fiverr’s policy and there’s not much we can do - in fact, nothing at all…

Archived