Freelancing is great and Fiverr makes it easier to connect to buyers and sellers. For new sellers and people who are struggling to rank in the search, the buyer request section is essential to get that first order or get back on tracks. And when you don’t get any orders, it can be tempting to quit. The buyer request section is terrible but it can be much better and efficient by changing a few things.
We are sick of writing proposals and then not hearing anything back from them. It’s because there are way too many offers sent to buyer requests which makes it harder for the buyers to choose and may lead them to not even choosing at all. Moreover, it wastes a lot of time for both, the buyers and the sellers. The competition is very high which makes the buyers want more for less money and it makes some sellers reduce and undersell their services and it decreases the overall value or price of that service for everyone and then everyone has to decrease their prices to $5. The seller to buyer ratio is very different and there are way too many sellers on Fiverr. Sellers can get anxious and even depressed when they don’t get orders. Furthermore, buyers and sellers might turn to other sites and start working there.
Here are the necessary solution and changes to alter buyer requests significantly.
- Limit the number of offers that can be sent to a buyer request to 30 to 50 maximum.
- Decrease the number of offers a seller can send to 3 or 5 per day. Or charge a little for every sent offer.
- Categorize requests to be in entry-level, intermediate, and expert, and have different minimum prices for each one to avoid underselling services.
- Check the buyer requests and make sure it’s not spam.
- Make rules regarding buyer requests.
- Advertise Fiverr more for buyers than for sellers to have a good buyer to seller ratio.
These are some changes which will alter the buyer request section but there might be some changes that I have not mentioned here, if you think there is one, please share it!
Fiverr will probably not make any changes to improve the buyer request section unless we ask them to.
And we can do that together by:
1.submitting a suggestion and asking them to alter the buyer request section.
2. Liking this post or creating a new topic about the buyer request section.
3. Sharing your suggestions and opinions.
Thank you very much for being with me until here!