The competition is fierce. Are you?

sassyhallelujah

I’ve been reading some of the conversations in the forum and there are some pretty helpful people here.

But, I’ve also sensed a bit of snark from posters.

I wonder how competitive people are here.

I don’t consider myself to be a particularly competitive person. (Too narcissistic, probably. I’m in a class all my own 😁 .)

What about you?

How competitive are you?

Fiercely competitive? Cut throat? Laid back? Unbothered?

I’ve been reading some of the conversations in the forum and there are some pretty helpful people here.

But, I’ve also sensed a bit of snark from posters.

I wonder how competitive people are here.

I don’t consider myself to be a particularly competitive person. (Too narcissistic, probably. I’m in a class all my own 😁 .)

What about you?

How competitive are you?

Fiercely competitive? Cut throat? Laid back? Unbothered?

Winning a snark contest on the forum does not translate into more sales on the Fiverr platform, so, it doesn’t quite matter how competitive one gets on the forum. There are no prizes for winners of debates. If anything, the forum seems more laid back than anything else. People are discussing recipes, beverages, songs and stuff.

Cut throat?

Nah, I mostly prefer ricin.

When I first set up my gigs years ago I checked all the other sellers in the same category and tried my best to offer better samples than them. This was when Fiverr was much smaller. I guess that was the only time I was somewhat competitive, but since then I haven’t given and d@mn about other sellers. They do their stuff, I do my own thing. When I see someone offering a great looking illustration gig, I just go “oh wow, he/she’s good” and that’s it. 😛

Winning a snark contest on the forum does not translate into more sales on the Fiverr platform, so, it doesn’t quite matter how competitive one gets on the forum. There are no prizes for winners of debates. If anything, the forum seems more laid back than anything else. People are discussing recipes, beverages, songs and stuff.

Cut throat?

Nah, I mostly prefer ricin.

Winning a snark contest on the forum does not translate into more sales on the Fiverr platform

This is true in life, too, right?!

But, you know what I have noticed? Most…er, MANY people would starve to death in order to satisfy their ego. This is a fascinating truth.

People are discussing recipes, beverages, songs and stuff.

“recipes”? Where? I love good recipes. No, don’t tell me where…I will do a search and find out where recipe discussions are.

🙌

When I first set up my gigs years ago I checked all the other sellers in the same category and tried my best to offer better samples than them. This was when Fiverr was much smaller. I guess that was the only time I was somewhat competitive, but since then I haven’t given and d@mn about other sellers. They do their stuff, I do my own thing. When I see someone offering a great looking illustration gig, I just go “oh wow, he/she’s good” and that’s it. 😛

Nice.

Yeah, you know, everybody has something different to offer. Even if they are in the same category…everyone is different.

that’s cool. 👍

Competition is natural and healthy I think. But also I think it’s good to offer help to people, esp in a forum environment. No need to bring competition onto the discussion boards. What good would it do anyway?

No need to bring competition onto the discussion boards. What good would it do anyways?

Dang, I was going to do an “Iron Chef” 5r style. Head to head newbies vs seasoned or guys vs gals or mods vs ambassador!

There goes my fun! 😔

Oh, well, I guess I’ll spend my $$ on chocolates and starbucks - well, there goes the weight gain!! Geesh, a girl can’t have a little fun around here? 😖

Winning a snark contest on the forum does not translate into more sales on the Fiverr platform

This is true in life, too, right?!

But, you know what I have noticed? Most…er, MANY people would starve to death in order to satisfy their ego. This is a fascinating truth.

People are discussing recipes, beverages, songs and stuff.

“recipes”? Where? I love good recipes. No, don’t tell me where…I will do a search and find out where recipe discussions are.

🙌

“recipes”? Where? I love good recipes

I was going to do an “Iron Chef” 5r style. Head to head newbies vs seasoned

I guess you have your answer, @sassyhallelujah

Great question. I was obsessed with checking up on other sellers when I started out. I mean, checking their sales queue was standard and how they worded their gigs/keywords. In hindsight, the best thing I did was to stop paying so much attention to everyone else and to focus on how I myself could be better or more specifically, different.

Since then and since taking this approach, my sales have doubled. But this was because I started to measure my performance solely against my own expectations. So to answer your question, I am fiercely competitive and 100% invested in improving my performance every single day!

Archived