Fiverr Community Forum

The Definitive Guide: How much does it cost to build a WordPress website?

It’s a very common question, “How much does it cost to build a wordpress website?” Actually it totally depends on your requirements. A fully functional advanced custom website may cost you 2000$-10000$.

You can also use premium themes to develop your website. It will reduce the cost and development time dramatically comparing to the custom theme development. But yet it may cost from 500$ to 3000$ depending on your requirements.

Here are the simple steps to follow.

1. Buy a wordpress recommended hosting plan.
  2. Select a Domain name
  3. Website design
  4. Develop the site

Hosting plan

Wordpress is a very popular CMS and it’s compatible with all good web hosting companies. Godaddy, Pantheon, Google Cloud Platform and AWS ( GCP and AWS for advanced users only ) provide great service at an affordable price.

I personally recommend Godaddy as I am using it for a long time. At the beginning you can choose Deluxe plan ($7.99/mo, $95.88/year) from godaddy. If you are confused what hosting and plan to choose contact me. I will assist you throughout the process.

Domain name

Domain name is the address of your website. This is what people will type on the browser to find your website, like fiverr.com. Here fiverr.com is the domain name. Choosing the right domain name from the start is very impotent.

Make sure you choose a domain name that fits your business, it plays a vital role for your website success. You will get a free domain with some hosting plans. To pick the best domain name you can use some trick like

1. Make it easy to type.
  2. Keep it short
  3. Use keywords.
  4. Target your area.
  5. Avoid numbers and hyphens.
  6. Be memorable.

Website design

After you manage domain and hosting. It’s time to give a structure of your website. Make a plan and write down everything that you want to include in the design of your website. Now reach out to a professional web designer on fiverr and discuss your thought in details. Design a website from scratch may cost you 300$-2000$

But there is an option to avoid this high price of web design. You may buy premium theme from themeforest. Here you will find thousands of premium wordpress template on your niche. It will cost you only 40$-80$.

But I always prefer custom design as it personalizes your website.

Develop the site

This is the most important part to make your website come to life. If you plan to use a premium theme for your project, then you can hire an intermediate WordPress developer. You should be very conscious while hiring the perfect developer for your project because I have noticed there are many freelance web developers who claim to be a web developer but doesn’t know anything about programming. They only use Premium themes and customize it by adjusting different settings.

But a time will come when you will need to do coding level customization in the site even though you use a premium theme. And those so called developers will fail to deliver. So, choosing the right Developer ( who knows how to code and achieve goals) is the most important part of Developing the Website.

Now let’s come to the point about the cost. For developing a professional and reliable website, you need to choose an expert. And expert developers may charge around 500$-1000$ for setting up websites with any premium themes. But if you need any custom theme development with advanced features the price may vary depending on your requirements. It may cost from 2000$ to even 10000$. Also, you may need to buy some additional plugins to leverage the burden on the Web Developer and get the project running much faster.

Conclusion

Here you have it my detailed guideline on how much does it cost to build a wordpress Website. I wrote this article based on my 4 years of web development experience. Hope it will help you to avoid overspending and minimize cost when building a website.

My pro tip: Don’t fall for low ball price. More often they fail what they agreed on. That tempting lowball offers won’t look so attractive when you end up having to scrap an entire project and re-do it from scratch down the line.

4 Likes

It’s a very well explained article to estimate building a WordPress site.
Thank you for this helpful article.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment.