Fiverr Community Forum

The Desert Of July Continues -Tumble Weeds

Hi Fiverr"s
This last 2 months has been a slow decline for me. Not sure what has happened but this is not reassuring. I for one sure don’t want to be one of those sellers pining for the good ole days.
Fix the things you can fix, worry about the things you can fix. Been fun Fiverr …Peace Out. :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

I find that the summer months can be tough in general for freelance work. I have gotten absolutely nothing from anywhere else recently and am solely relying on this one steady client at the moment for income. Not the best place to be in. I’m looking towards September and hoping things pick up then.

2 Likes

Steve, you are good at what you do. We all go through this. You seem to be newer to freelancing than me. I wish I could give you a gauranteed way to make things okay. However, the thing is, you just have to grit your teeth and bare it in the down periods.

I experienced my first Fiverr drought after an evil break up which saw me left with 39 euros to my name and 2k in pending outgoing expenses. That was a nightmare on steroids. There is no magic solution. However, the magic ingredient of future success in my opinion is perseverance.

Don’t give in. Stick with it. Thousands don’t. A few do, and when they do, they are often thankful they did in the long-term.

16 Likes

I agree with @cyaxrex, Steve. The toughest thing I’ve had to adjust to in freelancing is the uneven work flow. My last two months have been down as well, but I believe things will change.

3 Likes

Thanks, I know it will get better but I know if I concentrate on my other platforms my ranking will quickly dissapear. It’ allready is slipping. Fiverr need to take care of sellers who have worked hard to keep their ratings way up there. This yo-yo algorithm I can now predict to every 4 days now. THIS should not happen I feel., my theory that we are in an alternating keyword shuffle depending on how many new gigs are arriving seems to be true. For if my gigs were placed where they are at the top of this shuffle I would get constant sales every day. I’m sure Fiverr will understand this is a terrible practice when all the long term sellers have gone…I predict they will have NO choice but to iradicate buyer fees an adopt sliding seller scale fees. Watch the next ad campaign…

3 Likes

You really don’t find it funny! Same here. I’ve used that free-time opportunity to explore other things, pending when things pick up again.:bulb:

1 Like

I thought about dropping my prices again, but they are right were they should be. :ok_hand:

I know it’s been ridiculously slow.
I wonder if perhaps Fiverr’s advertising budget isn’t that big anymore?
When I was a level 2 I used to sell alot of gigs. More gigs = more money.
Now I’m a level 0 and I don’t make much money because I have only like, 7 gigs up.
Just a thought I’d throw out there.

3 Likes

Why are you a level zero?

1 Like

It’s sad when fiverr doesn’t care that I’ve earned them $$$$$ since I started five years ago, or what the rest of us longtimers here have earned. Instead they focus on newbies. I saw a guy bragging he’s made $1000 since March. I used to make that in a week! IMO this company is poorly run when $1000 is more important than $10,000 from a longterm seller. But if that’s the route fiverr chooses to take, well, I make more on outside projects now and will just work with my current clients until all the work dries up here. I’m sad fiverr hasn’t kept up with the times. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ve got just four projects left in my hands - all due this week and early next week. After that, nada. I’ve already surpassed what I made for July last year this month, BUT, with all the orders getting done this week and nothing new coming in, there’s no way I’ll see myself making the same amount as last year this year in August.

And, go figure, all my gigs are in the middle or back pages - so no new clients can find me unless I do my own advertising. It’s only lucky I have repeat clients or I’d have nothing on Fiverr for the most part.

It’s a good thing I managed to get this new job at the school.

3 Likes

In the experience of Sellers here, when would would things ‘pick up’ so to speak, if these summer months tend to be slow?

3 Likes

Technically, it should be late August/early September but I think it was precisely the time I was hit with the first draught I actually noticed last year. So go figure. I just let all my observations of patterns and seasonal expectations go at this point.

2 Likes

Fiverr now seems to running be ad campaigns!
Seeing them all over YouTube at least.

Launched ad today
Fiverr Studios

3 Likes

I’ve heard a few Fiverr commercials on some podcasts / YouTube channels lately (within the last week).

Good news for me personally is that at least I can now say July revenue is bigger than June revenue, however… with only a day left it’s only a slight edge. Nothing to get too excited about.

1 Like

Not invited to the studio thing however
It’s nice that they still give Voice Over some precedence

How Fiverr works - kind of- lol
British Voice Over that’s me at least!

2 Likes

LOL! This is the equivalent of a what a McDonald’s burger looks like on the ad vs. what you get get inside your less than happy meal.

Someone really needs to do one of those ‘honest’ movie trailers of this.

2 Likes

I like the way they show a guy fully dressed. With a $60 USB mic on his IKEA studio desk. No sound proofing no tube pre-amp. Bless his little echoie heart :studio_microphone:

4 Likes

I like how they describe search filters and "no job is complete until you are 100% happy."

Maybe they have some kind of new Pro relationship with DreamWorks or Jim Carey and a new Liar Liar sequel? :thinking:

1 Like