Fiverr Forum

The Double Standard In Fiverr!

Hey!

I would like to share my experience with fiverr. So everyone who is new and puts their hopes in this place can be aware.

After I created n gig for managing and growing instagram profiles,just after I picked up momentum and had about 40 reviews(also i was going ahead in the rankings for my category) I was send a message from fiverr telling me my gig was removed.

When I asked why they said the following?

"Following up on your request. I reviewed your request and contacted our Editorial department and your Gig was reviewed and denied due to it violated the terms of service of a third party company and this is not allowed on our platform. Due to our privacy policy, we are not able to provide you with information about other user Gigs or profiles I will escalate the information you provided to the correct department for further review.

Your Gig will remain disabled due to denials are final you are welcome to create a new Gig following our Terms of service and Guidelines."

At the same time hundreds of new gigs like mine are created and there are people with 50-100+ orders that are working at the moment having the almost identical to my service.

After that I send the following message:

""Hey there!
But what precisely in my gig is against the ToS or rules?
You are just sending me an auto message …?
How is my service different from any of those below:
https://www.fiverr.com/harry_mathew/manage-and-promote-your-instagram-account
https://www.fiverr.com/gunhudson/professionally-market-and-grow-your-instagram-followers
https://www.fiverr.com/vasily17/manage-and-grow-your-instagram-account-organically
https://www.fiverr.com/adathewriter/do-instagram-marketing-professionally
https://www.fiverr.com/maxpauwels/naturally-promote-and-grow-your-instagram
And all the other ones?
Thank you and I am awating your reply! "

And yet again not only I was send another automated message but the ticked was changed to solved
Here is it:

"Hello,

Following up on your request. I reviewed your request and contacted our Editorial department and your Gig was reviewed and denied due to it violated the terms of service of a third party company and this is not allowed on our platform. Due to our privacy policy, we are not able to provide you with information about other user Gigs or profiles I will escalate the information you provided to the correct department for further review.

Your Gig will remain disabled due to denials are final you are welcome to create a new Gig following our Terms of service and Guidelines.

Kind Regards."

After I send them one more message they didn’t respond at all and changed the ticket to solved.

This has been going on for a long time on Fiverr and this double standart or hypocrite behaviour is simply astounding. I have nothing against Fiverr and the opportunities that it provide but I have put months of work and this is how they mock people.

I would love to have a real answer as to why people like me are mocked like that and at the same time there is no problem for others.

Thank you!

Same experience here.

You may love to have a real answer as to why etc. but you won’t get one so it’s best to try to forget it as quickly as you can. Your gig violated the TOS of another site so it was removed. No answer is given as to why other such gigs remain nor will one be given.

Selling likes, followers, and so on, is a violation of the social media’s Terms of Service, and therefore, it violates Fiverr’s ToS, too.

Others haven’t been caught yet. If you see someone beating up an old lady and stealing her purse, and getting away with it, it doesn’t mean that beating up people and stealing is allowed.

The best thing you can do is move on and create gigs that are within the rules.

Hey there!

I am not selling likes ,followers and so on . My promotion would lead to those things ,but even that is not the problem.

“Others haven’t been caught yet. If you see someone beating up an old lady and stealing her purse, and getting away with it, it doesn’t mean that beating up people and stealing is allowed.”

• I am not sure if you are new (no offence) or simply naive because I can assure you those people wouldn’t be touched.

Thanks for your message.

Well we can really only guess at the reason since no one from staff has told us.
If you don’t like an answer there is no reason to be rude.

Just check instagram’s terms to see what part of their terms your gig violated.

Promising likes and followers (or, sometimes, even mentioning them) can be seen as selling them, and “promotion” is often used as disguise for selling likes and followers. I’m not saying that that’s what you were doing, but sometimes sellers offering legitimate services suffer because of the dishonest ones.

Forum is full of posts from people who were selling forbidden services and had their gigs denied. I’m sure that, at some point, it looked like they would never be touched.

Whether their gigs get removed or not, though, has little or nothing to do with your business on Fiverr. Offer great services, don’t violate any rules, and you should do fine.

Hey!

How do you not see the problem here? :slight_smile:
So those people should violate the rules and make a living out of it but people like me don’t have that privilege? And why because I don’t have as many orders or what?

In a way I feel like they are making a fool out of me with this. As mentioned I have no problem with modifying my service of course there are rules we need to follow but that is beside the point.

Regards,
Chris.

What do you want from us? We aren’t staff and we don’t have the answer like you don’t.

I’ve been here a long time and I’ve learned to not worry about what other people do or don’t do. You will save yourself a lot of anxiety that way.

It costs money for third party platforms like Instagram to police the web, so they usually just hire someone to catch a few hoping to deter others.

But how does it help you to dwell on that?

If that’s going to comfort you, wait until you see them complaining on the forum that their gigs were denied, or that their accounts were disabled. It happens all the time; spend more time on the forum, and you’ll see it.

Awesome! Modify your gigs so that there’s no misunderstanding and so that it’s obvious your service is 100% legit (if needed, ask Customer Support how to word it exactly, and save a screenshot of their answer), don’t waste time looking over the neighbor’s fence (so to speak), and with a great and legit service, you will surpass them in time.

Hey!

I read somewhere that removed gig is final but I would check with the support again. I simply hope that i don’t get another automated message.
Thank you!

It’s usually final, though there were some cases when sellers proved that their gigs were removed by mistake, and got them back.

I meant asking for their advice when creating new gigs, but if you can get your old ones back, even better! Good luck! :slightly_smiling_face:

Like any website or platform, Fiverr TOS states that they can deny a gig, if they feel it violates their TOS. You may see other such gigs running, which you “feel” are in violation, but they may not be in violation.
I have had a similar issue like your’s once. But, when my gig was removed, I also “felt” that there are other similar gigs running, but I was wrong. On very close assessment, I realized where my gig violated Fiverr TOS and those gigs that are running do not. My “feeling” was wrong when I digged into my facts.
I understood that if we need to use the platform, we need to follow Fiverr’s TOS.

Hey!

Thank you for your reply!
But I can assure you 100 percent that my gig and the ones above explain their campaign the same way . I noticed that after a while we mentioned almost the same things.
They mentioned that they will follow unfollow ,like,comment and so on which is also against the ToS .

And by the way, if you do not get offended, please change the spelling of “standart” to “standard” in the title. We all make mistakes. I also do, very often. We are humans and must make mistakes, once in a while !

Of course not! Thank you :slight_smile:
I simply felt confused because i don’t know Exactly what triggered the violation and that way I don’t know what to modify.

Better clarify it with Fiverr support. May be something minor you need to tweak ?

Forget about it and move on.
Create a new gig within the rules