Fiverr Community Forum

The fraud and chargeback system

So one of my gigs includes writing horror screenplays and scripts for interested clients. I penned a short script last fall for a customer, and the order was marked as complete by Fiverr after the work was delivered and the 3 day moratorium passed. However it seems I never received the money because a ‘chargeback’ was issued on ‘clearing day.’ I felt back last November that my payload was a little lighter than I had estimated, but I didn’t notice. Anyways, I got an email from Fiverr earlier this month (yes April), that I was being reimbursed for said order and over $150 in funds would be available in seven days.

So then, as of this past Friday (April 10th), I was due $16 from a $20 order I completed two weeks ago. The buyer/client (a different one), marked the order as complete, and left a positive review. Yet when Friday came, a chargeback was issued and the funds were not released. I noticed this one, and fired off an email to Fiverr CS as of yesterday. I’ve not heard back yet. This is getting annoying however. Is there going to be some change to this system in the future? I mean if a client makes a purchase, marks an order as complete, and leaves a positive review, yet when payday comes the funds are void due to chargeback, it’s quite unfair to us sellers.

Should Fiverr implement an option to allow sellers to block customers who use their charge cards to make purchases? It seems that this problem only applies to those buyers.

2 Likes

What kind of change? People are doing chargebacks not only in fiverr. Anyone who is selling anything is not protected from chargebacks because they can be done through your bank or through your PayPal :woman_shrugging: Most payment systems allow chargebacks unfortunately and it’s not up to fiverr to tell PayPal and all banks to stop doing chargebacks.

Here you go, you still were paid for your work.

They usually answer within 24-48 hours but right now it’s a very busy time for them and responses are delayed

2 Likes

Thanks for the intel. I thought the chargeback thing was exclusively a credit card move. But good to know it’s more widespread than that.

I know Fiverr CS takes time to answer complaints, especially during this time, but the chargeback move in general is getting quite tedious.

1 Like

Up until recently we were not paid back at all so to now get reimbursed is a huge step up. I wouldn’t complain. It means you wait a little longer but you still get paid.

2 Likes

It’s quite a weak move though. To make a purchase, leave a positive review that you were pleased with the work and speed in which it was delivered, and then cancel later on. Especially on a ‘$20’ order. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It happens. Even without leaving a review it’s a weak move. It’s theft.

1 Like