Fiverr Forum

The free gigs with app installation = bad!

Yes, sellers still get paid. I have had about 10 orders today from those that have installed the app. This is fantastic. New customers are brilliant. HOWEVER each and every one of them has been demanding. I have never seen such demands from any of my customers who are actually parting with money. The last two gigs:

1. I need this done in 24 hours. I can’t afford to pay extra but it is important or it will need to be cancelled.
  2. Hey, I want two articles. I want two royalty free images supplied with each. Sourcing the images would cost me more than I actually earn 0_o (he cancelled this. He was not happy!)

I then had someone order 1,500 words (After I delivered is $5.00 gig that he got free. It seemed simple). He paid for this, but for 1,500 words he demanded a MINIMUM of eight hours research and writing on the gig. He cancelled when I said he gets 1.5 hours. No more. (it was quite a complex thing, this would have involved me taking a trip to the library)

Another wanted me to watch a three hours video of his and write a review. Again, cancelled.

I have never experienced these kind of demands before. I for one will be glad when this ‘promotion’ is over :o

Gah, if people don’t pay they just get more demanding :frowning:

Sheesh I can’t believe someone expected 8 hours of research for $5! How can you tell if it was a mobile order? I have only experienced one demanding request, from someone who ordered my PR gig only giving me a few words to explain what he wanted. ~X(

alliemadison12 said:
Sheesh I can't believe someone expected 8 hours of research for $5! How can you tell if it was a mobile order? I have only experienced one demanding request, from someone who ordered my PR gig only giving me a few words to explain what he wanted.

If you go to revenues the free gigs appear twice. They first appear as $0 and then another thing comes up as $4.

I too had the same experience…

Jeez, that is just taking it way too far. Some people are just so unreasonable and unrealistic.

Some people think that when you’re good at something that you just wave a magic wand and the project is finished. They don’t realize the work that goes into what you do. Or maybe they just don’t care!

Wow, what demanding ■■■■■!

It’s very annoying when people get like this -seriously, you’re paying me the equivalent of 2.5 candy bars, what makes you think I’m going to work extra without payment? Some people are so cheap!

I sometimes wish some customers didn’t treat us like monkeys with stiluses/keyboards :frowning: