The importance of doing SEO on your gig. [ARCHIVED]

Guest infinite_links

Guest infinite_links

Howdy colleagues,

Since Fiverr’s community is composed of people with multiple talents (such as SEO, GFX, Marketing, Video/Music editing, even Fortune Tellers), not all might understand the importance of SEO. I’m going to explain the basics.

First of all: What is SEO?

SEO is Search Engine Optimizing. In simpler words, it is the process of making your website (in this case, your gig’s link) more appealing to Google/Ask/Bing etc, so that it will appear higher in search engines when searching for a specific term. And we all know that more traffic = more sales = more $$$!

So how can you do that?

It’s quite easy. All you need are backlinks.

Simply put, a backlink is a link on a website that leads back to your gig.

For example, using only one type of backlinks (Forum Posts), my gig is #3 on Google when you search “Forum post backlinks”:

http://fragglesrock

Sheriff’s Note: Off Fiverr links are not allowed.

Where do you get backlinks?

The best option would be to purchase a gig that offers backlinks, such as Forum Posts, Social Bookmarks, Article Submissions etc, because the sellers who offer these types of services are usually professionals that know what they’re doing.

If your budget is a little tight, you might try creating them yourself. Here are a few examples:

• Forum Signature

If you’re an active member of any forum, you should add your gig’s link on the signature. That way, each time you make a post, you’ll get a backlink to your gig.

• Blogs (in SEO terms these links are known as Web 2.0)

If you have any kind of blog (Blogspot, Wordpress, Tumblr etc), make a short post describing your gig and why visitors should purchase it. Even if your gig is not related to your blog’s content, you’ll still get a backlink.

If you don’t have a blog, try creating one:

Even if it’s a non active blog, if you write the aforementioned post, it will still be a valid backlink.

• Videos

If you haven’t created a video about your gig, you’re losing tons of sales! I won’t start listing the benefits a video brings because there are tons of threads that do that, but I’ll just say that you absolutely need a video to be a successful seller on Fiverr.

Now, assuming you have a video describing your gig, you should upload it to every Video Directory. Here are a few:

After you upload the video, you should include your gig’s link on the description. Yay, +1 backlink 🙂

Things to keep in mind when creating a backlink:

• The pagerank of the website (http://fragglesrock

E.g.: My gig’s Pagerank is 3/10

• The right keyword

Use a keyword (word or phrase) that describes your gig, so that Google ranks you higher for that specific term.

• Don’t overdo it

Don’t go around spamming your website’s URL because Google might penalize you for it. Do it a few times, but make it count.

Etc etc. I could go on and on about SEO, but I decided to create a simple post in order for everyone to understand it. I hope I’ve done a good job, and depending on the attention this thread gets, I might create a follow up thread explaining things more in depth + advanced backlinking techniques (link pyramids/linkwheels/SEO software etc).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest infinite_links

@vladxd: I know, but on site SEO is taken care by Fiverr. All you need is a keyword rich gig description and good gig keywords. (I gave you a quick description, even though it’s obvious your post is just for self promoting).

• 2 months later...

I came back here via another thread, I am not sure my questions will be answered due to the age of this thread, but maybe.

Are messages posted on Twitter (tweets) with a link back to a Fiverr Gig considered a good backlink? And does it make a difference if the Fiverr link is shortened with a service such as ■■■■■■ ?

I have collected your Gig infinite_links, I guess I could use it to improve my Gigs’ ranking?

Thanks for your answer :-?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to reference this thread a lot as it’s probably one of the BEST threads to pass on to those new on Fiverr. The benefits of establishing proper keywords are absolutely ideal to a gigs success. I am actually worried for some of my gigs that too much of it will overwhelm me with an almost endless amount of orders.

Thank u so much for sharing all this 🙂 xx

Just one thing i wanted to say in regards to using the video function.

I totally think it depend on what type of gig u provide.

I had a video added to my gig for sum time (it was a very well made video and described my gig perfectly) still as soon as i added the video, my sales decreased, and once i removed it… my sales increased again.

Basically wat im trying to say is that video doesnt always have to equal more sales, certainly didnt do so in my case.

Totally looking into buying a SEO gig though… thanks 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived