The negative impact of orders being REJECTED

lonrot

Buyers might not realize this, but when they request a simple modification, we sellers get a RED NOTICE with the word REJECTED. This has a negative impact right away, it might be something very subtle, but is misleading and brings a great deal of stress, a MODIFICATION REQUEST notice sounds much better.

And if the buyer really wants to REJECT an order, well, for that we already have the MUTUAL CANCELLATION AGREEMENT.

• 2 months later...

I couldn’t agree more, it’s stressful enough having to do the extra work of modifications, without feeling as though you’re being punished for it! Also, the timer for a gig modification is often unrealistic, especially considering that buyers are often in different time zones, so I often get modification requests late at night, and feel under pressure to make the changes right away by working late into the night. A more positive setup would be much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have only ever once had a “rejection” in being here over 3+ years. It was for a little $5 order and essentially someone that wanted $45 of work out of me for $5. Those that tend to pay more than the standard $5 order understand the value they’re getting and are a lot more friendly. If you as a seller are getting a lot of “requests for modification” notices then it may be a good idea to revise your gig some. In some categories I can see a lot of modification requests for minor things, but in most categories if it’s happening way too often you might want to re-think about how you’re delivering your gig.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Why aren’t they addressing things. I just rejected an order! I didn’t mean too… just wanted to revise… now what do I do???

Why aren’t they addressing things

You are responding to a thread posted exactly 2 years and 11 months ago.

A lot of things have changed/updated in those times.

I recommend searching the forums for a more updated thread or maybe posting your own for a more updated information.

Archived