Fiverr Forum

The New Review Feature - Most Relevant

I recently had a real bad experience with a buyer, who left a lengthy and nasty review with 1.7 rating. I was hoping to get more positive reviews, so the bad one can go down but to my surprise I discovered that the 1.7 review was pinned at the top for more than 3 weeks even after receiving several positive reviews afterwards. Then I got to know about the new review feature with drop-down options (Most relevant, Most recent, Positive reviews, and Negative reviews) with the “most relevant” as default option.

Now my questions are;

1. What is the criteria for selecting the most relevant?
  2. How long can a particular review be pinned at the top as the “most relevant”?
  3. Why should a negative review be used to judge a seller with 99% positive of over 400 reviews?
  4. Why can’t the most recent reviews be the default or better still the positive reviews as default? (It will help the sellers to convert more sales. I can’t imagine generating new leads, only for the negative review to scare them away.

The fiverr team really need to work on this new feature.

11 Likes

So sorry about that…

1 Like

This account appears to be gone!

2 Likes

Unfortunately my account has been restricted few hours after the post on the basis of review manipulations. Can someone please confirm any form of review manipulations in my post?

1 Like

We are just buyers and sellers on the forum. For questions regarding your account only Customer Support can help you with this.

6 Likes

If your account was banned for “review manipulation” it has nothing to do with your forum post, and everything to do with how you handled a recent deivery.

8 Likes

Reviews are intended to serve the buyers, not the sellers.

And since then you’ve been influencing reviews.

I think you need to evaluate the ethics of reviews and how they help buyers.

4 Likes

I totally understand that reviews serve buyer’s but I never influenced any review (not a single one) since that bad experience.

2 Likes

My account hasn’t been banned yet, just restricted pending review by the trust team. But I can tell you that I never tried to influence reviews in my recent deliveries. The only time I can remember talking about review for a very long time is this particular post. I honestly wish I can get the needed support from Fiverr’s Customer service and trust team.

3 Likes

“On the basis of review manipulations… Can someone please confirm any form of review manipulations in my post?” And your account is restricted. So you clearly did.

We can’t see if you manipulated reviews because you would have done that privately.

2 Likes

I honestly wish fiverr can provide any evidence of review manipulations after the bad experience. I have mostly used the fiverr template for my communication with buyers. The only time I have mentioned anything related to review in a very long time is this post. I wish any member of the fiverr team could review my account and provide any evidence of review manipulations in recent time.

1 Like

You don’t need evidence to tell yourself that you did something ethical because you’re the one who did it!

If you can’t tell when you’re being unethical and can’t understand the ToS, then you shouldn’t be a seller.

2 Likes

Hey, I see you talking about ethics a lot, what’s your view on ethics related to the current review system. Is it ethical to create a one sided review system that can significantly affect a person’s business and livelihood based on one bad review based on a potential disagreement or misunderstanding between a seller and a buyer. For example if I had a shop open in the real world and a customer misunderstood what I am selling, wanted a cheaper price or wanted more than one product for the price of one, imagine if that meant I had to close my shop for a week or a month because people stopped coming to it because of that one misunderstanding. Would that be ethical according to your beliefs?

1 Like

“imagine if that meant I had to close my shop for a week or a month because people stopped coming to it because of that one misunderstanding. Would that be ethical according to your beliefs?”

I’m not going to comment on an illogical analogy. This is not remotely analogous to what we’re discussing.

It IS unethical to try to manipulate reviews, yes.

1 Like

I am referring to the review system, not the potential manipulation of a review. As for the analogy, why is it illogical to you? People have experienced lower selling rates after getting a single bad review. Which has lead to their gigs selling less for a period of time.

2 Likes

You have this strong conviction in you that I actually tried to or even manipulated reviews. I hope that the trust team will be fair in their review and the restriction lifted. Like I mentioned earlier, my mention of negative and positive reviews in this forum post may have alerted fiverr bot.

3 Likes

selling on fiverr is one thing… the forum is another thing unless something changed but I don’t see how

1 Like

Did you ask the customer why they left a bad review? or did you contact Fiverr support team and discuss the matter with them? What were your actions once you received the bad review, beyond creating this post?

2 Likes

Well you are replying to what I wrote about review manipulation.

1 Like

No one gets restricted for no reason.

1 Like