The payment ! am I missing something?!

Hey Experts,
I have a question. recently I did my first gig for someone for 20$ but after it got marked as COMPLETED! I received just 16$. how is that? is Fiverr really getting 4$ of my work? that is as much as a Gig price. it’s like 20% of my job! or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for helping.
Adrian Music

The Terms of Service clearly state that you only get 80% of your earnings, because 20% is Fiverr’s take.

Fiverr assumes you have read the ToS when you joined / signed up, since you agreed to their Terms :wink:

From the Terms of Service:

• Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 80% of the purchase amount.

Thanks man for clearing it for me!
yeah it seems that’s how business goes here :smile: 20% is really high though :smile:

Try to erase the 20% thought from your brain and only think “wow, I get to keep 80%”, much better feeling and motivation that way around (and now that you took notice of the 20% fee for using Fiverr´s platform and their customers getting access to your offers without you needing to pay anything up-front for a website, payment provider, ads etc., or once you got yourself some nice reviews and regular customers and some street credit, see how it goes factoring in the 20% into your gig prices). :four_leaf_clover:

20% to give you clients, a secure payment withdrawal medium and wonderful community…

yeah kind of true. but I offered my client an extra offer for 5$ but all almost the money went for Fiverr :smiley:

I don’t think 20% is much! Fiverr is really an outstanding platform.

If you type “Fiverrs commission” in the search bar above there are lots of excellent posts on the subject which you may find helpful.

No, from a $5 extra you’d have got $4. :wink:

You never read fiverr terms and pricing before joining here. Its high time to read the TOS

If you think that is high, you should avoid publishing books, as most traditional publishers give you only 10% royalties. Which means that you get only 10% of every book, CD, etc, sold.

Even on self-publishing sites, the most you can get is 70% royalties, meaning that the self publishing sites that I can’t name for fear of being flagged takes at LEAST 30% of your revinue.

well I didn’t mean to be noob here but I am new here and therefor it was surprising for me as I was working as a music publisher for years for some companies and they just got 10%. maybe on internet things are different. of course Fiverr is cool no doubt but takes time to know the rules.
Thanks all anyway I find Fiver still amazing!

As if all the people read Term of Service of all platforms before singing up :wink: wait a sec… did you read 3 pages of ToS for your email provider service before making your email?of course you did :wink:

Try to erase the 20% thought from your brain and only think “wow, I get to keep 80%”, much better feeling and motivation that way around (and now that you took notice of the 20% fee for using Fiverr´s platform and their customers getting access to your offers without you needing to pay anything up-front for a website, payment provider, ads etc., or once you got yourself some nice reviews and regular customers and some street credit, see how it goes factoring in the 20% into your gig prices). :four_leaf_clover:
[/quote]

if fiverr is taking 20% so i think so fiverr is giving us alot alot work so it’s not a big issue
So keep focus on work try to increase your selling

no no this is not your fault. 20% always goes in the fiverr pocket

yeah I see now … thanks guys I got the answer <3

If it’s a platform where you intend to do business/make money/possibly earn a lot of money, you should definitely read the terms.

If you haven’t done so already, do read the whole document. It’s not some boring legal text, it explains how Fiverr works, what’s allowed, and what isn’t. That way you won’t unknowingly break the rules and get banned.

thanks yeah! I read it 2 hours ago so it’s now clear to me

Haha. Before 4 years ago my thought was like you. When my first account got disabled, i started memorizing them like my school books. I never want you will suffer for this.