The Private Feedback screen has changed

gina_riley2

I think that’s a step towards the right direction. Presenting buyers with some clear and simple multiple choice answers vs a personal essay.

@gina_riley2 thank you for the screengrab!

Thanks, Frank.

Kinda off topic, but since its my thread –

I really like your Pro gig. It’s quite impressive. I’ve been looking at many others and yours stand out among the rest of Pro animators. I don’t want to criticize others, so I was going to use you as an example as to what I like on a different thread.

Thanks, Frank.

Kinda off topic, but since its my thread –

I really like your Pro gig. It’s quite impressive. I’ve been looking at many others and yours stand out among the rest of Pro animators. I don’t want to criticize others, so I was going to use you as an example as to what I like on a different thread.

Awww. That really means a lot to me. Thank you.

I worked really hard on it so any positive feedback makes me feel better for all those sleepless nights!

There should also be “all of the above” listed among the choices. 😉 Unless it isn’t included in your screenshot.

Nope.

Unfortunately, all of the above is not an option. There is no section for additional comments like before.

I think there should be more options or an option for “Other” with fill in the blank.

Looks good, though I hope some of the mentioned things under ‘How can the seller improve their service’ won´t get buyers to rethink the 5 stars they clicked first, I’m not quite sure anyhow why I should provide revisions at all when Fiverr just lets buyers ask for revisions indefinitely anyway. 😉

Well, I guess, at least one can only pick one for the ‘could improve’ then too. I do hope it leaves the option to not click either, at least, too 👀 And I agree that ‘Other/fill in the blank’ should be added.

Thanks for sharing the screen, Gina!

Looks good, though I hope some of the mentioned things under ‘How can the seller improve their service’ won´t get buyers to rethink the 5 stars they clicked first, I’m not quite sure anyhow why I should provide revisions at all when Fiverr just lets buyers ask for revisions indefinitely anyway. 😉

Well, I guess, at least one can only pick one for the ‘could improve’ then too. I do hope it leaves the option to not click either, at least, too 👀 And I agree that ‘Other/fill in the blank’ should be added.

Thanks for sharing the screen, Gina!

Other, fill in blank can be used by buyer to type in

“All of the above” (hopefully, for like) 🙂

“None of the above” (hopefully, for dislike) 😦

Nope.

Unfortunately, all of the above is not an option. There is no section for additional comments like before.

I think there should be more options or an option for “Other” with fill in the blank.

Hmmm - that seems like a bit of an oversight - checkboxes would have been better than radio buttons IMHO - that said, it’s really useful to see this from the buyer’s perspective. Thanks for posting.

Hmmm - that seems like a bit of an oversight - checkboxes would have been better than radio buttons IMHO - that said, it’s really useful to see this from the buyer’s perspective. Thanks for posting.

Agreed. Checkboxes, normally means we can select more than one.

I’d like an " Overall great experience" as an option. I have many sellers providing exceptional service in all three categories and more. 🙂

Other, fill in blank can be used by buyer to type in

“All of the above” (hopefully, for like) 🙂

“None of the above” (hopefully, for dislike) 😦

The “All of the above”, “None of the above”, and the checkboxes are okay. But just like what you said, the additional comments is better and I agree with that. I really appreciate buyers who take the time to let me know what I need to improve on so that I can work on it. 😃

The thing is, what does private feedback even accomplish? This is the first time I have even seen this and it worries me. What, after all, happens if a buyer says that they loved how easy a person was to work with? Does this then indicate to Fiverr that this seller doesn’t provide as high-quality deliveries as other sellers?

Also, who would not say that they want extra included revisions or better value for money? Moreover, why is this even called private feedback? Private feedback suggests that buyers are giving private feedback to sellers themselves to help them tweak their business. This isn’t the case at all, though. This is Secret feedback which Fiverr itself uses to do seemingly derranged and counterproductive (for most people) things to things like its search algorithm.

Down with it. However, nice it looks in a popup window, it’s just another unfathomable layer of needless madness to the whole Fiverr experience.

The thing is, what does private feedback even accomplish? This is the first time I have even seen this and it worries me. What, after all, happens if a buyer says that they loved how easy a person was to work with? Does this then indicate to Fiverr that this seller doesn’t provide as high-quality deliveries as other sellers?

Also, who would not say that they want extra included revisions or better value for money? Moreover, why is this even called private feedback? Private feedback suggests that buyers are giving private feedback to sellers themselves to help them tweak their business. This isn’t the case at all, though. This is Secret feedback which Fiverr itself uses to do seemingly derranged and counterproductive (for most people) things to things like its search algorithm.

Down with it. However, nice it looks in a popup window, it’s just another unfathomable layer of needless madness to the whole Fiverr experience.

It’s probably justified if it somehow weeds out the truly bad sellers but what happens to them isn’t known. It does create paranoia in me that while my buyers are ecstatic judging by the messages they send, they might be privately venting how much they despised my service and gig.

@digipixtrooper: You do know this is private feedback and is not shown to the seller. It goes directly to the 5r quality assurance team.

Whoa, @cyaxrex, love the new pic, didn’t recognize you. Private feedback isn’t new. It’s been around for awhile; they just redid it to make it easier. Only the stars are mandatory; the circles are optional. I marked “High quality delivery” to all the sellers I bought from yesterday and today as I felt that was the most important one for the sellers.

I left the “How can the seller improve their service?” section empty or didn’t mark it at all. I hit next and it went through fine.

I may have to create a thread to educate new buyers on how to do that.

@misscrystal: I could have sworn someone wrote that there is a private feedback for buyers that sellers do as well back around April timeframe? That created paranoia in me as well, so I know how you’re feeling.

@digipixtrooper: You do know this is private feedback and is not shown to the seller. It goes directly to the 5r quality assurance team.

Whoa, @cyaxrex, love the new pic, didn’t recognize you. Private feedback isn’t new. It’s been around for awhile; they just redid it to make it easier. Only the stars are mandatory; the circles are optional. I marked “High quality delivery” to all the sellers I bought from yesterday and today as I felt that was the most important one for the sellers.

I left the “How can the seller improve their service?” section empty or didn’t mark it at all. I hit next and it went through fine.

@misscrystal: I could have sworn someone wrote that there is a private feedback for buyers that sellers do as well back around April timeframe? That created paranoia in me as well, so I know how you’re feeling.

I’m glad to hear that the buyer can leave the bottom negative part blank. I don’t think any of those choices fit with my service.

Whoops! My mistake. Sorry about that.

I think they should at least allow multiple choice on the answers and not just 1 choice for each question.
Also I think really they should have a comments box too, maybe they’ve taken it out because they didn’t really read it/take much notice of it (though a comments box would allow the user to be more specific and let Fiverr now of any specific issues etc.), and now they are just having a couple of options to make it easier to see at a glance any possible issues (eg. they could do charts etc. of all the buyers for a particular gig and their votes/answers or those from all buyers who purchased from each seller) or make other aspects of the site (eg. the search engine etc.) make use of the data (though it isn’t much use I think without making it multiple choice. It could also do with more options for each question. It could also allow you to enter it in a particular order/give some sort of weighting (eg. I liked the “high quality delivery” most, the “great communication” 2nd best etc.). Sorry about the long paragraph.

I think it’s a great thing. If a person gives you and me 5 stars, but then tells the quality team that you did a great job, but doesn’t say that about me, then that SHOULD mean something.

Some buyers don’t want to give any seller less than 5 stars, but in the private survey they can tell Fiverr about something there weren’t happy with.

The Fiverr team SHOULD use this into as part of the overall ranking.

If both you and me have a hundred 5 star reviews, but the private reviews are better for you, then that should be the tie-breaker that ranks you higher than me.

I think it’s one of the reasons not all 5 star gigs are equal. IF you get more people in private saying you’re amazing, then that should rank you higher than me.

Conversely, some people don’t want to say anything negative in public, but in private they may share that I was mean, or didn’t deliver as well as I could, or something similar.

Overall I think it’s great.

This has been around for a year or so. At that time I was told it wasn’t presented to all buyers after they rate, that may or may not have changed.

Archived