The Road To Top Rated Seller

willstauff

It’s been close to a year and a couple of months, and I’m less then a thousand away from hitting Top Rated Seller. I’m a voice over artist and I wanted to pass a long a couple of tips that helped me get to where I’m at on the journey. I’m hoping this can help people if they are in the process of achieving Top Rated Seller status.

Some things that I’ve learned.

Find that one gig that really stands out that you believe separates you from everyone else.

What you good at or best at? also…what gig is going to really stand out. I’ve been doing impressions since I was a kid and My Trump impression and Morgan Freeman impression has taken a life of it’s own. I chose both of these celebrity impressions because they are the most sought after ones on Fiverr.

Have a firm understanding of key words and who is searching for what on Fiverr

This has been important. When creating a title, you need to know what people are searching for and how many people are competing for the same keywords. I’ve spent countless hours retooling my gigs, putting titles together and searching for myself on fiverr. I see a lot of people put down certain keywords and wonder why they don’t get orders. One trend I have been seeing. The keyword “American Male Voice” as a keyword. You need to do a search before you put your gig together. This keyword is very competitive and the people that own this space are all top rated sellers. If you only have 1 gig and your keywords are “American Male Voice” and you are not getting orders, you need to find out what page you are on when you search for “American Male Voice” if you are on page 1 versus page 5 of that search you are going to get more views and orders.

The Buyer Request Section

My entire path to level 2 was spent consistently hanging out in the “buyer request section”. There is a myth that this section is only dominated by people wanting 5 dollars for any project large or small. That is simply not true. I’ve scored several 75.00-150.00 orders in the buyer request section. The Buyer Request section is also a great place to use custom orders to build up your gigs that need more traffic and attention. I still go to the buyer request section to this day when days are slow and to beef up gigs that need more orders and reviews.

Paying attention to completion and response rates

If I may be so bold, if your response rate and completion rates are in the toilet and you are complaining about not getting the same sales as last month it’s your own fault. I have the Fiverr app and I’m checking first thing in the morning and checking it throughout the day. My Response rate is at 98% and I have a completion rate of 100%. At times I have orders and messages at 2 or 3 in the morning but I’m never more then less then 10 hours from responding to them. As far as completion rates are concerned, I only cancel an order as a last option. There’s an art to dealing with difficult buyers and also being flexible with your prices when you absolutely have to. I’m a big believer in raising your rates and I don’t offer 5 dollars for any gig, but with that said If I have someone order and won’t agree to needed gig extras, I’m going to offer them specials and try to persuade them as best I can before I have to cancel. Some days you don’t have a choice but to cancel. I had one wild week where I had someone order then tell me it was the wrong gig they were looking at and insisted on canceling. Another guy in the same week ordered and then backed out because he told me his client pulled out and there was no way he was going to hang on no matter what I offer him. My completion rate went from 94% to 90%. Rest of the month I made double triple sure that nobody gets canceled no matter what so I didn’t dip to 89%.

Don’t be afraid to add more gigs and experiment with them

I’m a big believer in creating lots of gigs with a lot of variety. Some believe that others don’t. For me the more variety the better. I have several different gigs that deal with everything from recorded interviews, Audiobooks, Impressions to Voice Mail recordings. I’m always looking for new ways to expand and I’m always retooling them if I’m not getting the results I want.

Don’t be afraid to raise your rates

I’ve consistently raised my rates for all of my gigs and I’m not afraid to ask for the right price.

These are some of the things that have helped me along the way. Hope it helps you.

I thought I would add this since there is some confusion about what it takes to become a TRS;

from the Terms of Service which you all should have read by now:

Top Rated Sellers

• Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by Fiverr editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
  • Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Fiverr to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. Fiverr retains the right to change a Top Rated Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.

I thought I would add this since there is some confusion about what it takes to become a TRS;

from the Terms of Service which you all should have read by now:

Top Rated Sellers

• Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by Fiverr editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
  • Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Fiverr to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection is kept. Fiverr retains the right to change a Top Rated Seller status in light of such evaluation. In addition, Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increased cancellation rate or violate our Terms of Service, also risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.

Thanks got it. Meant to say nominated for TRS:)

• 2 years later...

TRS or even TRS evaluation is not something that is automatically achieved once you hit that milestone. I surpassed mine 2 months ago and it does not mean you get promoted or from my experience even considered with an evaluation notice, best way forward is to continue providing excellent work, generate consistent revenue and always be grinding 🙂

Archived