The search box SOLVED!

Here it is… I’m done searching for the answer to why the search box sucks.

The answer is too simple! It’s working just as its supposed to work! Here is proof.

And e-mail I’ve made anonymous.

I give up ((Customer Support Person’s Name Here)). These results don’t lie. I’m not saying your search box is completely broke… I’m just saying it sucks really HARD and I’m not the only one noticing. Why is it that every time I try to help you guys , I get treated like utter crap? Like I’m a friggin moron … I’m done dudes… let this site head where its goin. I’ll get what gigs come to me but fiverr is now on my backburner. You all have lost one of your biggest and most capable supporters. I “HAD” big plans for fiverr in my life. But I’ve learned more valuable lessons.

84742 Results for “Perform a glow show"

Mine is listed #26

Its gig description title is “

” perform a glow show to the song of your choice for $5”

((Custome service name here))'s Answer to re-read

"It’s possible that there are just so few Gigs that come up for that phrase that it reaches for things that fit broader and broader into one of the keywords. "

– My answer… THE SO FEW SHOULD BE AT THE TOP

My problem? IS THAT IM NUMBER 26. No I don’t want a spotlight. I dont need jack. Other than to convince you that your search function is bunk as hell. Thats all.

The search keyword was “Perform a glow show” – NO ONE ELSE on the site has that gig or that kind of title… For a proper and relevant gig to be shown as #26 … you are not allowing your buyers to find what they are searching for… Care not about me making money … I care more about users being able to find what they need so that I can make money from the right people when the time comes.

Lets try this – Seriously …

Search term = “perform a glow show to the” RESULTS --> 120111

My gig? NOWHERE IN THE FIRST 3 PAGES.

Now if this is how you want your search function to work on the site… thats okay. Just go ahead and say

"We want everyone to have an equal opportunity even if that means search results are in no way relevant to what you are searching for"

There is your answer. The search bar is supposed to broaden your search if there are too few gig’s matching what you searched for. It’s perfectly acceptable to customer service to know that this includes pushing relevant gigs (that did match your search) further to the bottom of the list … even 3 pages in.

There is no way you can try to convince a person with at least half a functioning brain (I fit there) to believe your search box is working PROPERLY … if this is indeed it’s intended way of functioning.

I think this is the biggest fail answer I’ve ever received when trying to prove to someone that their stuff could work better… not only this but you will feel like a complete retard trying to help the team so dont even try.

This is another supporting statement to how you will feel like a criminal or a retard while trying to help-

From me to Fiverr -- "Can you help me gain insight on how to get gigs to show up better in the search? It seems like using the keywords associated with your gig , or the gig's description has really no bearing on the results. I've tested this with my account logged in or out , on multiple browsers and even private browsing where it doesn't use cookies or cached pages. Any ideas?"

Their answer -- "We can't give out details on how our search engine works to protect the integrity of the search functionality - sorry. You can use the promote tools given to you to help drive more sales to your gigs"

Looks like they dodged a bullet there! I was obviously trying to breach the search engine's integrity.
FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL
I'm also psychic. Watch how I disappear..

/rant

/rant

Reply to @backlinks_linki: That about sums up my rant in 3 easy lines. Thanks.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I hear ya. Proprietary information jazz … I get it. I just dont think the search function should fall under such grounds. I know this is an area that can be abused but I feel it’s a portion of their site that a LOT of light could be shed upon especially now , and the feature itself can be much improved.

Reply to @mrspanda: Thanks for that tip. I’ll do some experimenting with some gigs with less tags.

Reply to @madmoo: Thanks for enlightening me on what pulled up my glow gig.

My gig was pulling up just fine until they made me change my gig description. Since then , I’m tons of pages behind any relevant results…

(Another problem that would be solved if I could just level up)

My gig extras would cut down on a lot of unnecessary text in my gig description. I simply can’t offer all of what my gig entails in a 30 second video clip. Luckily I crunched it into a 45 sec clip and they approved it.

---- To make matters worse… this order just came in… heres the opening line.

Please make a video that shows how mobile has helped to change the world for the better. Then upload your video to the firefoxflicks site and send me the link to your page and account.

Seriously some buyers have nerve.. Hey dude! Make a video , make an account .. post it .. AND give me your account you made.

No this guy didn't bother to read my gig enough to know that he has to purchase another just to get me to write the script.

Where is that ignore buyer button... I'd like it right about now.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I hear ya. Proprietary information jazz … I get it. I just dont think the search function should fall under such grounds. I know this is an area that can be abused but I feel it’s a portion of their site that a LOT of light could be shed upon especially now , and the feature itself can be much improved.

Reply to @mrspanda: Thanks for that tip. I’ll do some experimenting with some gigs with less tags.

My gig was pulling up just fine until they made me change my gig description. Since then , I’m tons of pages behind any relevant results…

My gig extras would cut down on a lot of unnecessary text in my gig description. I simply can’t offer all of what my gig entails in a 30 second video clip. Luckily I crunched it into a 45 sec clip and they approved it.

Please make a video that shows how mobile has helped to change the world for the better. Then upload your video to the firefoxflicks site and send me the link to your page and account.

Seriously some buyers have nerve.. Hey dude! Make a video , make an account .. post it .. AND give me your account you made.

No this guy didn't bother to read my gig enough to know that he has to purchase another just to get me to write the script.

As for the search results.

Yes I think its really broken or they just made it that way.

Example:

What I have searched is Design a App Icon with PSD

http://fiverr.com/gigs/search?utf8=✓&query=design+a+app+icon+with+psd&order=&x=0&y=0&action=

Results: The first 20 gigs were not relate to a APP icon, but I really just dont mind it that much. I just worked hard or maybe its not just the time or just unlucky?

Peace Bro

I believe I’ve said this in other threads… Fiverr did tip off the new members in the webinar that you are more likely to show up if you have less tags with MORE RELEVANCE.

This might be a coincidence, but I noticed that when i removed half of my less relevant tags, I bumped up about four pages. o_o

I have no idea where/why/how my stuff shows up in a search – I know in ‘Auto’ it’s way below gigs that haven’t sold anything/seem dead. And yet, for my niche I’m doing okay and when things are really slow (as they are now) I work on finding something else to draw in buyers. I can’t angst over it or else I’ll just give up and that won’t help anything.

I have created thread about that few days ago.

Yes it is completely broken.

Yes it is showing unrelevant gig.

Yes support doesnt care about that.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I still love you :slight_smile: “Make your Fiverr experience fun and full of light!!” – I’m trying to start with life first… seems a shroud of darkness looms over me at the moment… bringing opposition on every front. Nothing I seem to do is going easy. I must remember … love and light…

Zarklon, would you like some of my good juju magic spell, the same one I did to ryan? :-B

hehe you can certainly try Mrspanda … however being a reiki practitioner myself… I too know ways to clear this yuck… I have not yet attempted though…

Madmoo - it all stems from my first 2 weeks or so of being on the site associating with people who wanted to do business off-site. I got slapped on the wrist. Now I have an “unknown time” to wait till I level up. Forcing me to watch all my friends (and some who don’t even use the site anymore) level up… I think it’s fragglesrock … but you know… this automated system is the bomb right? =/

Maybe I need to just focus on my life right now… tomorrow I’m spinning fire for America’s largest talent show on TV… and here I am ranting on fiverr… hrmm… Would be a great opportunity to mention fiverr on TV but … meh… I’ll pass on that! O_0

thanks to you both. As soon as I see it air on TV I’ll tell everyone what to watch for :wink:

I don’t do Reiki, I use super secret Panda magic. :wink:

I think all you need to do is a little relaxing and breathing. Find a little bit of honey at the bottom of the vinegar jar. :slight_smile: I like to think that if you think of the best and soak in positive light, good things will come to you. Patience and good will. :slight_smile: But that’s just the cotton stuffing in me.

But, if you mention Fiverr, maybe they will be like OMG ZARKLON MENTIONED US ON TV! LET’S TOTALLY HELP HIM OUT. Yknow. :slight_smile: Just maybe.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: I’m not sure what that means hun. But I don’t think thats it at all. :wink:

Reply to @mrspanda You are right , patience and good will :slight_smile:

Oh neither. I’ll check that out though. It was not a performance they wanted… instead some filler footage for cut scenes and before/after commercials etc… Was fun though :slight_smile: