Fiverr Community Forum

The seller placed an order, Im an hour away from delivery of the work and they want me to cancel the order. I dont know what to do

Hi, A top buyer messaged me 2 days back and asked if I could work on a project. We accepted to the terms and the compensation and since it was a high paying job for me ($300), I made sure that I show her the progress and keep her updated. After finishing almost all the work, yesterday she sends a message that her client (I did not know she was outsourcing) has cancelled her order so she wants me to cancel mine so she can get her refund and give it to her client. The problem is, We are a team of 3 people and I do not do all the work alone. I have already paid close to what I would get from this project to the other members in my team i.e, $230. Now after all the work, if I cancel the offer, I will go at a complete loss which I cannot afford. Also now she is threatening me that I either cancel the offer or she will give me a terrible review and since it was my first gig, A negative rating would be terrible for me. I did nothing wrong, All the while she called the work “Amazing and life saver”. Also I kept updating her and gave her all the changes she wanted. Please suggest what I should do. I cannot afford to loose out on my money as she made a mistake. I would be loosing $230 straight out of my pocket and thats a lot of money for me.

6 Likes

One bad review wont affect you much. Think about it. Will 230 usd cost you more or a review? I would say the 230 usd. Take the amount

6 Likes

I delivered what she had asked for. I clearly have it in writing that she is happy with what I have already done before. Now she says she will keep asking for a lot of revisions as her client is unhappy. Called me a hole, abused my country by calling it a country of scammers and what not. But I do not want to give in. I have done all the work and cancelling the order would be a disaster and not after all the racist stuff that I have been told. I want to fight back. I have screenshot of everything that she has said to me. Techincally she always sais she is happy with the work and now shes flipping because her client is unhappy. But hey, to me she is my client and she said she is happy and to go ahead and finish it. Im sorry Im really confused but I do not want to give in. PLEASE GUIDE!

1 Like

Not to much to guide here to be honest :wink:
You decided to fight so just stand your ground.

You can also contact support and report her for abusive language.
Bare in mind that most likely they wouldn’t be able to intervene in your order and will tell you to resolve it with her but at least they will be aware of the situation and might investigate her for an abuso e language.
Is she also a seller on fiverr or she doesn’t have any active gigs?

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply. Fiverr charges us 20%. She has said she is happy and is flipping now. I will go at a loss for no reason. If fiverr wont intervene, she will keep giving me revisions just to make sure I give in and refund her back. But I cant do that. No dont think she is a seller. But she does have 3-4 good buyer reviews from the same seller. Its just not fair that I had to decline a lot of other work to finish this and then she chooses to back out. To cut it short, she gave this same work to someone else and they did not do it in her deadline. Her client had asked her to refund but she gave it to me anyway and now since her client is unhappy she wants me to cancel the order so she can get her refund. But I cannot do that as all the work I did would go waste.

And all the while she never talked about her not being the end user or that there is any chance she doesnt like it. She has always said that the work is amazing and what not.

1 Like

I would refuse the cancellation stating that your contract is with her and not with the third party. I would also politely point out that as a top rated seller “I’m sure customer support would be interested to learn about your behaviour”.

The only sticking point is that in order to stand a chance of keeping the money from the order, you will need to deliver the order under the original terms of your agreement. This will involve you finishing and delivering the work (and therefore investing more time).

Remember, you cannot deliver incomplete work - it has to be all or nothing.

Your buyer will likely fight you all the way, and there is no guarantee that Fiverr customer support will side with you. But morally I would fight this one.

EDIT: Another thought. This is yet another reason why I cannot stand working with resellers.

8 Likes

I have given her complete work. Every changes she asked for have been done and given to her. She asked me to animate and match the reel. I did it frame by frame. There is no problem with my work. She herself has admitted to it. Now she just wants to find an exuse for me to give in. Thats where the problem is. She already has EXACTLY what she asked for. Now if she comes up with some changes which arent actually agreed up. Then what do I do?

2 Likes

I did not know that she is a reseller. She made it look like she is the end user. Now she says that she says that her client signed and NDA with her and that she wants me to cancel the offer and part ways. I would have agreed to it but with the abuse and racism, I do not think I should.

(Take the amount) No she can’t ask for a refund now. Warn her that Fiverr customer support team will remove the Top-rated seller badge from her profile so she can understand the real situation here.

No one can harass you if you delivered your work correctly & yes on time.

4 Likes

So what if she signed an NDA with her client? That’s nothing to do with you. She’s just introducing new things to try to get you to agree to a cancellation. Stand your ground.

8 Likes

Thank you for your reply. She is not a seller, She is a buyer and has 3-4 great reviews. Infact I still have 2 days for the order to complete. Yet I submitted the work to her. This is what she said when she opened an dispute “You have done an outstanding job but the client is demanding their money back😭”

2 Likes

I think you mean “buyer” here

1 Like

Im so sorry. I shall edit it. yes I mean a buyer.

2 Likes

No problem, It’s ok :innocent:

I just want to know for how long will I have to keep doing the unwated revisions or is it ok if I do not to them and just wait for fiverr to sort it out. Or keep delivering the same files until fiverr intervenes.

1 Like

Look, it’s you running the business, not fiverr :wink:
It’s not up to fiverr to sort out things between you and your client.
We have you a lot of options to choose from now it’s your choice what will you choose. Just remember that if you didn’t deliver your order with a “deliver” button then that means that you didn’t deliver it. If you have unlimited revisions you will have to provide unlimited revisions no matter how many times she will ask for it. And if you decided to stand your ground just don’t agree for cancellation no matter how many times she asks for it.

9 Likes

I have signed for only 2 revisions with her. So does that mean that is how many she can ask for?

2 Likes

No, if you provided both revisions you don’t have to make other changes without an extra payment.

2 Likes

Then give her 2 revisions only. You can easily contact Fiverr Customer Support Team here: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

These days they’re super busy so please be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like