The Sellers Have an Appeal Process for Bad Reviews?

hotwebideas

I see some sellers talk about buyers that threaten to give them bad reviews even when the work was delivered to the specs of the description. I also received a bad review about 7 months ago and Customer Support was nice enough to cancel the order for me and my bad feedback with it, but I also lost the money that I earned from the sale after going all the work. I delivered, but the buyer did not read the description before ordering and of course left the bad feedback.

I see other sellers report the same thing here in the forum.

Should sellers be allowed to appeal bad feedback? Would that make it easier for sellers to deliver bad work or do the honest sellers who deliver on time like this idea?

Again, I am with you on this…I have had bad reviews that were obviously malicious (you can read it clearly) and customer support told me “we can’t interpret what the buyer meant by their comment. You have to get their permission before we can remove the comment” Really? Does that make any sense in any universe? If they put it there to hurt you, the will NEVER agree to remove it.

Again, I am with you on this…I have had bad reviews that were obviously malicious (you can read it clearly) and customer support told me “we can’t interpret what the buyer meant by their comment. You have to get their permission before we can remove the comment” Really? Does that make any sense in any universe? If they put it there to hurt you, the will NEVER agree to remove it.

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Yeah, I had that situation too and that (knock on wood) has been my only bad review to date that’s still there, but that was also when Fiverr was young and it had a different set of rules. I also thought the same thing: Why would anybody who leaves you bad feedback agree to remove it?

I guess if the buyer is legitimate, asking the buyer to remove it could work since the appeal process could be to them (and not Fiverr) with maybe an apology from the seller saying “I am sorry, lets make this right. Here is what I am offering you, but as the gig description clearly states, I cannot honor that request. Here is what I AM willing to do for you”. Something like that.

Buyers can always take back their feedback if you ask nicely, I suppose since that feature was implemented.

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Yeah, I had that situation too and that (knock on wood) has been my only bad review to date that’s still there, but that was also when Fiverr was young and it had a different set of rules. I also thought the same thing: Why would anybody who leaves you bad feedback agree to remove it?

I guess if the buyer is legitimate, asking the buyer to remove it could work since the appeal process could be to them (and not Fiverr) with maybe an apology from the seller saying “I am sorry, lets make this right. Here is what I am offering you, but as the gig description clearly states, I cannot honor that request. Here is what I AM willing to do for you”. Something like that.

Buyers can always take back their feedback if you ask nicely, I suppose since that feature was implemented.

Archived