The Stream of Consciousness Thread

writer99025

Stay away from Twitter. Stay away from Indian politics. Brother Modi will take care of himself. India will take care of itself. India has been around for 5000 years, will be around for 5000 years more. Don’t worry about it. Just do your writing, watch sports on TV (stay away from news) and start exercising. And start going out more often. And yeah, spend less time on Fiverr Forum. Don’t get into an argument with that Emmaki. 😃

Btw, when Emmaki said she does not hate Modi, I believed her. I mean, why would she? I am sure she has better things to do than hating someone that she has never even met. And you are actually very close to being fanatic about him 🙂 (but that´s your choice, I ain´t gonna tell you that you should not be. I mean, up to you).

I keep trying to live in the eternal now where there is no past and no future. It is like trying to grasp a puff of smoke.

Is right NOW a second? Half second? Millisecond? At some point if you ponder this NOW moment enough, it suddenly spreads out into eternity, where you realize you have always been living. Past and future are only illusions. Laughter is the only reaction.

Sometimes called the “happiest man in the world,” Matthieu Ricard is a Buddhist monk, author and photographer
favicon.icoted.com

71aec3246b3aebe6d284668935080bda4fa8b41a_1600x1200.jpg?c=1050%2C550&w=1050

The habits of happiness

What is happiness, and how can we all get some? Biochemist turned Buddhist monk Matthieu Ricard says we can train our minds in habits of well-being, to generate a true sense of serenity and fulfillment.

LOL…India, a nation of 1.3 billion people is divided into those who are fanatically pro-Modi and fanatically anti-Modi. Fortunately, the pro is more than anti, at least so far. There has never been a politician like that in India. None who is so loved and hated in equal measure.

It was eye opening for me to read it after practicing daily meditation on my own since I was 14 and realizing that some conclusions I had independently come to have an entire religion/philosophy based on them. Apparently I have been a Buddhist without knowing it.

I think there are fanatic people in every country at different levelz of fanaticity. So you are not the first one that I have noticed (well actually in this forum you are the only Indian who has been so loud about your fav politician). Honestly though, whoever rules, people must know how to be flexible anytime. That´s the only way to survive, to stay living, to stay happy, doesn´t matter what your occupation is. If you are lucky, the politicians that rule will favor you. But when they don´t favor you, then you gotta find a creative good way to survive. Don´t worry I will never say anything about Modi (I don´t even know anything about him and would have not heard of his name if you had not brought it up here). I have learned from Emmaki. She told her opinion about what he wore and you flipped out, lol. I am scared. Peace 😃

I frickin’ love oatmeal. Like, if it were capable of giving consent, I’d marry it. A nicely prepared bowl of oatmeal makes you think you’re eating a lovely dessert. I always start by putting in a few dashes of ground cinnamon, a teaspoon of either flax or chia seeds (so it’ll gel and get thick and creamy), a small handful of chopped almonds or walnuts, and a small handful of Thompson raisins, but I guess you could use Sultana raisins if you really want. Throw in a half cup of oats (I prefer stone-rolled), one cup of water, and cook for 4 minutes and 21 seconds. After it’s done, stir in a spoonful of all-natural peanut butter (no sugar added!) until blended, and then grate an apple and stir until combined. Pour on a splash of almond or cashew milk, stir lightly, and let this breakfast carry you away to oatmeal-heaven.

This makes a really big bowl of oatmeal and will no-kidding fill you up and keep you moving for hours before you’re hungry again, but if it’s so much that you’re going to explode, then remember you can adjust the size of the bowl to fit your appetite: use a ratio of 2:1 water and oats, and adjust your other ingredients appropriately. There are people who can’t start their day until they’ve had their first coffee, but I can’t start my day until I’ve had my oatmeal.

265bd67b6f.jpg

IMO, Coco Crunch is better than oatmeal. Speaking of coffee, I drink coffee in the morning. I should have never started to drink coffee. I am trying to quit coffee though. This morning I didn´t have coffee. I felt sleepy even after I got up, but after I forced myself to play with my dogs I finally really awake. Tomorrow will most likely be the same 🙂

I was trying to figure out why I felt so good today and had so much energy and clear thinking and it dawned on me that yesterday I had a pure protein diet with just a small salad for carbs. I’ve always done so much better on a high protein diet. It’s back to whey, eggs and soy protein for breakfast for me. It’s a very dramatic improvement in my
energy level.

Speaking of oatmeal I love Irish stone ground oatmeal

LOL. Although I have no issues with men, I found that quotation hilarious. Anyway, the way I see it, men are not trouble. They are just usually more carefree and loose compared to most women. On the other hand, women mostly are a worry wart. It is already too much for women to handle themselves, worrying about everything (not all women though). So when they live with a man, most women will have more things to worry about (usually for no reason) because men are more carefree and loose. But of course, who am I to speak like this when Miss Gallan is more than a half century older than me. Also, from what I read, women are usually live longer than men for different reasons.

Archived