The two buyers ordered by mistake

david_expertise

The same thing happened to me this week. A client made an order, provided 0 information, 0 response when asked. I had to deliver the order while waiting for the client to respond, he came online today and he gave a 1-star and cancelled the order. Not to be rude but over a $5 order? The small fish sank the ship!. Fiverr cancelled the order on his behalf and left me with this:

– I get to be the one to suffer for this, the client went away with his money, so fucking annoying!!

1. 100% support of the client’s wrong
  2. The negative review didn’t disappear even if they didn’t cancel it
  3. 0% support of my claims

This platform is so baby-ish and amateur. Definitely not planned well, multiple programming bugs, fucking insane platform. This is like “it” for me, so done here, how can an insane $5 order come to ruin my 1 year of hard-work!. The fiverr system is so wrong or incomplete!

How did you deliver something to the buyer when he/she provided absolutely nothing for you to do? That’s against Fiverr’s TOS - delivering something empty. If a buyer provides absolutely nothing to go on, I’m sorry but that’s on you. You should have taken the hit on the cancellation. You can at least recover from it.

I understand that there are more stringent guidelines to follow now - and, I’m not pleased with them either - but it’s either that or what you just got. This was actually on you in this regard. Not being mean; just stating the obvious.

As for amateurish, we’ll have to agree to disagree. It’s not babyish but it is buyer-centric. There is a multitude of programming bugs and hopefully they’ll be straightened out. However, in the meantime, you need to find a way to work around them. Or, as you said, “This is like “IT” for me, so done here.” - Just leave. Fiverr isn’t for everybody.

He made a 24hour order, I was able to check online only a few hours to the end of the timeline. I have a clean fucking slate for 1-year and I wasn’t aware of cancellation from the client. I delivered the order while sending him messages so he can respond. This is like someone has come to help another person to take away 1 year from me.

Not sure how this sounds but its so annoying and a misnomer to whats called Customer Support, It’s Buyer’s Support!

You could have requested more time or cancellation due to lack of information. When you initiate the cancellation there’s a specific reason for lack of information.

You could have requested more time or cancellation due to lack of information. When you initiate the cancellation there’s a specific reason for lack of information.

Thanks but how am I supposed to know about that? Do you know how I feel right now?

Some kid came with $5 to ruin my 1year of hard work. Doesn’t add up!

Thanks but how am I supposed to know about that? Do you know how I feel right now?

If you didn’t know about it, then you should have read more about how the site worked or came to the forum as you’re doing now to get advice.

Yes, I know exactly how you feel, but I don’t deliver an empty gig. I either ask the buyer for an extension or send them a cancellation request based on their lack of providing me information. Do I hate doing it? Absolutely! Last month, I cancelled a $64 order because the buyer requested something I don’t do in my gig and then proceeded to order on the wrong gig because she was trying to manipulate the system and me.

I don’t like buyer manipulation, and I’m not going to let the fear of Fiverr’s new system mold me into some “whiner baby” thinking it’s all going to come crashing down Jan. 14.

And, I seriously doubt that it was some kid. Did you see if that person had a gig similar to you? That would be their only reason to do it, unless you made someone mad and they decided to exact revenge.

Yes, Fiver is more buyer-centric, but in this case, they did exactly what they should have. You failed to deliver anything but still completed the order as if you did. Since they saw you broke their TOS, you’re lucky they didn’t shut down your account.

You have two choices from my POV:

Either buck up and try harder to satisfy more clients so that the negative mark plays less of a part (This means actively advertising your gig)

or

Leave while whining that some kid had it out for you.

Do you know how I feel right now?

Actually I do. After 2 years I had a client who changed his mind on $800 order. Messed up my delivery rate and because of that I’ll lose my level in a couple of weeks. I followed the process to the letter and even contacted CS, but nothing changed.

If you go through this forum you’ll find a ton of posts like yours. You’re not the first nor the last to experience it.

All you can really do is to prepare yourself as much as you can. Now you know how to act with orders without information. Next you might wish to reconsider your delivery time to give you more time to react. Maybe even ask buyers to contact you before placing an order. Add FAQ’s to your gig explaining what will happen if buyers don’t provide enough information.

There’s no silver bullet to protect you, but you can take some steps. If it still happens then accept it or switch platforms.

Do you know how I feel right now?

Actually I do. After 2 years I had a client who changed his mind on $800 order. Messed up my delivery rate and because of that I’ll lose my level in a couple of weeks. I followed the process to the letter and even contacted CS, but nothing changed.

If you go through this forum you’ll find a ton of posts like yours. You’re not the first nor the last to experience it.

All you can really do is to prepare yourself as much as you can. Now you know how to act with orders without information. Next you might wish to reconsider your delivery time to give you more time to react. Maybe even ask buyers to contact you before placing an order. Add FAQ’s to your gig explaining what will happen if buyers don’t provide enough information.

There’s no silver bullet to protect you, but you can take some steps. If it still happens then accept it or switch platforms.

@uxreview thats so much to deal with, sorry man. This outweighs my good spirit with fiverr

@emeraldawnn do you mind shutting up if you have nothing responsible to say? Is fiverr paying you to say this? better said than done?

I’m telling you someone made an order I didn’t want, he wasnt responding, it was left a few hours on the timeline, what was I supposed to do? mail support and have it time out? wait for the client to review the extension (takes days) and have it time out still?.

This is the greatest injustice I experienced this year and I’m most hurt by the fact that the buyer walked away with his money and I get to be the one who just lost a year? Fiverr was supposed to investigate like a HUMAN, I mean do we have AI bots replying us?

Advertise my gig? Do you want to do that for me pls? To me fiverr is an incomplete platform, very baby-ish and not thought well at all. Also, why do you keep telling me to leave? Yeah, its fiverr’s site but it’s my time and my hard work. I’m not leaving until I ensure everyone knows about this!.

@cagricilara why did you withdraw your post? You’re very right, MANY PEOPLE FACE THIS ISSUE.

I was just confused whose message I replied. I did not want to bother anyone.

Now they flag my posts? What rubbish!! Fuc-king douche ball programmers they have here. I know they’ll flag this too

Start following the rules or you are going to be banned. It’s not rocket science. As for the platform being babyish - it made me laugh considering you are the one swearing in every reply, stamping your foot because you broke the rules and didnt get away with it and then being rude to people who disagree with you.

Start following the rules or you are going to be banned. It’s not rocket science. As for the platform being babyish - it made me laugh considering you are the one swearing in every reply, stamping your foot because you broke the rules and didnt get away with it and then being rude to people who disagree with you.

I actually expected the response - not surprised really.

Archived