The way Fiverr ask the buyer to leave a review!

Hi Fiverr Crew,
If you guys reading my post, this is the thing happened, one of my old clients left me a review saying " business related gig"

I was like … 🤨 ???

Then I asked him why he wanted to leave a review like that.
He said, “Fiverr ask what I was doing with the work and I told them for my business”

Can you kindly change the way that you ask the buyer to leave a review?That maybe a good question but sellers might miss the good part of what buyer writes there… I hope you guys can understand.

Thank you very much Fiverr!

Guest offlinehelpers

Hi Fiverr Crew,

If you guys reading my post, this is the thing happened, one of my old clients left me a review saying " business related gig"

I was like … 🤨 ???

Then I asked him why he wanted to leave a review like that.

He said, “Fiverr ask what I was doing with the work and I told them for my business”

Can you kindly change the way that you ask the buyer to leave a review?That maybe a good question but sellers might miss the good part of what buyer writes there… I hope you guys can understand.

Thank you very much Fiverr!

" business related gig"

That’s interesting - I got one that simply said ‘marketing’ - now I understand why - thank you!

I thought it was perhaps predictive text that had gone wrong - obviously not! 😉

" business related gig"

That’s interesting - I got one that simply said ‘marketing’ - now I understand why - thank you!

I thought it was perhaps predictive text that had gone wrong - obviously not! 😉 I was upset … I thought he don’t like my work and was thinking my pricing was high and I’m only doing business here without client satisfaction. That made me to ask him about the review. … Finally I’m ok now 🙂

I think it wouldn’t do harm to ask the buyer kindly if he/she’s satisfied with the delivery, and would he/she rate it 5 stars. You can ask for it right after delivering your work (if you’re 100% sure you made it well). Many buyers are new here, sometimes I have to guide them through some basic Fiverr features.

Guest offlinehelpers

I think it wouldn’t do harm to ask the buyer kindly if he/she’s satisfied with the delivery, and would he/she rate it 5 stars. You can ask for it right after delivering your work (if you’re 100% sure you made it well). Many buyers are new here, sometimes I have to guide them through some basic Fiverr features.

and would he/she rate it 5 stars

That’s against the ToS. Buyers are asked several times by Fiverr if they’d like to leave a review, sellers don’t need to ask as well. 🙂

and would he/she rate it 5 stars

That’s against the ToS. Buyers are asked several times by Fiverr if they’d like to leave a review, sellers don’t need to ask as well. 🙂

That’s against the ToS.

Well, you can put it more vaguely, just enquiring if the buyer is happy with the delivery, to let them know that a good review would be a great way to say “Thank you”. 🙂

Also, I’ve read the Reviews part of ToS again, and either it’s temporary blindness has struck me or it’s missing any details forbidding that. I do not imply that it’s allowed, but if it is not, then it hasn’t been mentioned in a clear way. 🤨

Guest offlinehelpers

That’s against the ToS.

Well, you can put it more vaguely, just enquiring if the buyer is happy with the delivery, to let them know that a good review would be a great way to say “Thank you”. 🙂

Also, I’ve read the Reviews part of ToS again, and either it’s temporary blindness has struck me or it’s missing any details forbidding that. I do not imply that it’s allowed, but if it is not, then it hasn’t been mentioned in a clear way. 🤨

Well, you can put it more vaguely, just enquiring if the buyer is happy with the delivery, to let them know that a good review would be a great way to say “Thank you”.

You can ask a buyer to leave a review, but you can’t ask them to leave a positive one or a 5* one.

They’ve already said ‘thank you’ by paying for your services. 😉

There have been recent tales of folks getting warnings for even mentioning the word ‘review’ post delivery, so it’s best just to leave them to it - if they want to leave one - great, if they don’t - also great.

Added - none of this is actually relevant to what the OP was posting about - sorry for being O/T.

Hi you have you can ask for Positive and honest review and Feedback but should not ask for 5 star ratting it i against TOP and Fiverr Policy,

Fiverr seems to change the wording and the method for public and private reviews very often. I don’t know why, but lately I see something different when I buy gigs once a month or so. I can see why you’d like them to change the wording but here are some things to know:

• If you want to make a suggestion to Fiverr you can put it in the Site Suggestions category but staff only glances at those posts occasionally and they rarely act on anything based on just the forum.
  • Since Fiverr seems to be messing around with the review stuff anyway, it will probably change whether we want it to or not.

As far as what your buyer said on the review, it might look a bit funny but if you haven’t already done anything, I really wouldn’t suggest asking the buyer to change it. You might not run into trouble but lately, people seem to get warnings just for using words like “review” or “feedback.”

Using the Resolution Center to request feedback change has also caused some people to get a warning. It seems to be a really hair-trigger issue. I wouldn’t ever risk talking to buyers about reviews if the review was already 5 stars. The words will be covered up by other reviews soon, only the statistics make much difference.

Fiverr seems to change the wording and the method for public and private reviews very often. I don’t know why, but lately I see something different when I buy gigs once a month or so. I can see why you’d like them to change the wording but here are some things to know:

• If you want to make a suggestion to Fiverr you can put it in the Site Suggestions category but staff only glances at those posts occasionally and they rarely act on anything based on just the forum.
  • Since Fiverr seems to be messing around with the review stuff anyway, it will probably change whether we want it to or not.

As far as what your buyer said on the review, it might look a bit funny but if you haven’t already done anything, I really wouldn’t suggest asking the buyer to change it. You might not run into trouble but lately, people seem to get warnings just for using words like “review” or “feedback.”

Using the Resolution Center to request feedback change has also caused some people to get a warning. It seems to be a really hair-trigger issue. I wouldn’t ever risk talking to buyers about reviews if the review was already 5 stars. The words will be covered up by other reviews soon, only the statistics make much difference.

Thank you @fonthaunt for your reply. I will put this into site suggesions . I never wanted to change the review so I kept it with me 🙂 Thank you for your advices and time.

Archived