The way you do one thing is the way you do everything

homeestates

I have been a seller and a buyer on Fiverr for some time now, and the way that people communicate is starting to get me down. People often promise the earth on their profile and gig page before responding with automated answers and sometimes rudeness when asked a question.

The way that you do one thing is the way that you do everything in the eyes of the buyer. If you can’t be bothered to answer a question (you may think it is dumb but the buyers doesn’t - or they wouldn’t have asked it!) then buyers think you won’t be bothered to do a simple revision or to help with a bit of advice.

We are all busy people on Fiverr and using quick responses saves time, but doesn’t your buyer deserve more? I think that sellers are creating future problems for themselves by pushing people away now. There have been many threads on the forum recently about falling impressions and sales. Surely the answer to this is to make the most of the connections you do get?

This is why I keep advising people to market and promote their gigs. Most people fail to realize this, but marketing is all about connections. It is about connecting with people who want what you sell. It is about value and dialogue.

This is why it baffles me to see so many sellers here on Fiverr ignoring their marketing, failing to make connections, or claiming that marketing and promotion has no value to them. It IS important. Connections build businesses. If you don’t have connections, sooner or later, you will fail. So make connections. Market your gig. Build bridges, and encourage people to cross them.

This is why I keep advising people to market and promote their gigs. Most people fail to realize this, but marketing is all about connections. It is about connecting with people who want what you sell. It is about value and dialogue.

This is why it baffles me to see so many sellers here on Fiverr ignoring their marketing, failing to make connections, or claiming that marketing and promotion has no value to them. It IS important. Connections build businesses. If you don’t have connections, sooner or later, you will fail. So make connections. Market your gig. Build bridges, and encourage people to cross them.

I totally agree with you. Even when you are suffering from low sales on fiverr, a buyer whom you have treated well can refer people to you and you business keeps moving. The key is connection and good customer relation/satisfaction. 👍

I’m glad I’m not the only one on here that feels this way! I think that some sellers and buyers think that the premise of Fiverr is that it is cheaper and therefore not worth as much effort. We are still buyers and sellers and all want to be valued.

I completely agree with you, communication is so important.
It will often be the difference between whether you gain a repeat buyer or not and it also says a huge amount about how you view the buyer.
When we see so many complaints about the CS canned responses, it amazes me that people think it is ok for them to use canned responses with their clients. Sure, you can use canned responses but at least tweak them to personalize them a little for the buyer to make it seem custom. An additional 10 seconds on a message or delivery makes a huge difference and saves so little - it sounds like a good idea to save yourself time but the reality is that it is offputting for buyers.

I completely agree with you, communication is so important.

It will often be the difference between whether you gain a repeat buyer or not and it also says a huge amount about how you view the buyer.

When we see so many complaints about the CS canned responses, it amazes me that people think it is ok for them to use canned responses with their clients. Sure, you can use canned responses but at least tweak them to personalize them a little for the buyer to make it seem custom. An additional 10 seconds on a message or delivery makes a huge difference and saves so little - it sounds like a good idea to save yourself time but the reality is that it is offputting for buyers.

I did some testing in most of the cases where I made a custom reply to the delivery and explaining why I used those colors, fonts, and pictures I am tipped at the end of the delivery. 🙂

Archived